Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down warriors and codename unicorn

idk bout you guys but i think warriors are getting " Nerfed to the ground" in this build i hope it isn't final

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    Mastery: Strikes of Opportunity's additional attack now deals 100% normal damage, down from 115%.
    Overpower now deals 77% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    Heroic Strike now scales from 42% of Attack Power, down from 60%.
    Rend base damage has been reduced by 17%, from 635 to 528. Additional bleed damage increased by 25%, from [ 8.57% of MWS * AP + 60% of MWB + 60% of mwb ] over 15 sec to [ 10.71% of MWS * AP + 75% of MWB + 75% of mwb ].
    Mortal Strike now deals 80% weapon damage, down from 185%.

Fury
    Mastery: Unshackled Fury now increases the benefit of abilities that cause or require you to be enraged by 37.6%, up from 25%. Each point of Mastery increases enrage effects by an additional 4.7%, up from 3.13%.
    Bloodthirst now scales from 33% of Attack Power, down from 75%.
    Raging Blow now deals 80% weapon damage, down from 150%.
    Slam now deals 95% weapon damage, down from 150%. Additional damage increased by 55%, from 277 to 430.
    Whirlwind now deals 46% weapon damage, down from 75%.
    Cleave now scales from 56.2% of Attack Power, up from 45%.
    Victory Rush now scales from 56% of Attack Power, up from 45%.

Protection
    Devastate now deals 109% weapon damage, down from 150%.
    Shield Block (Passive) now increases your chance to block by 25%, down from 100%. In addition, if your total chance to block or avoid an attack exceeds 100%, your chance to critically block is increased by the excess.
    Vigilance no longer reduces damage taken by the target by 3%.
    Mastery: Critical Block now increases your chances to block by 12%, up from 10%. Increases your chance to critically block by 12%, down from 20%. Each point of mastery now increases your chance to block by an additional 1.5%, and your chance to critically block by an additional 1.5% (Down from 2.5%).

plz post your opinions about these changes
    Last edited by Cadwe; 2010-11-03 at 09:37 PM.

Every class got nerfed a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Glomp said, everyone got cleaved by this one.

*Shakes fist at Ghostcrawler/Saurfang tag team*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    normally i dont QQ alot but i really hope this wont mean we are gonna suck quite hard (keep having faith in blizz that it wont ruin everything)

Well I'd rather they fix the issues now rather than like a month into Cata. But as always if its too low, they'll fix it.

"Whirlwind now deals 46% weapon damage, down from 75%."

That caught my attention the most... not to whine or anything but that is really bad. But then again I'm going by live damage so it could've been OP at 85.. we'll see.
    Last edited by Glomp; 2010-11-03 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to QQ but this dooesn't seem like a little but idk havn't read the rest of class changes ;p

Deleted
    Almost every single class got significantly nerfed, it's an intentional change to reduce overall damage for PvP and sub-80 dungeons. No doubt raid bosses will be adjusted accordingly.

There is nothing to QQ about. Warriors got nerfed slightly more than the others only because they were doing more damage than other classes and were slightly overpowered on the Beta anyway .

Changes for level 1-79.
    Last edited by mmocb907825fbc; 2010-11-03 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'd rather they fix the issues now rather than like a month into Cata.

But as always if its too low, they'll fix it.
    i hope they fix it xD * if it really feels lke we got f*cked

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
    Almost every single class got significantly nerfed, it's an intentional change to reduce overall damage for PvP and sub-80 dungeons. No doubt raid bosses will be adjusted accordingly.

There is nothing to QQ about. Warriors got nerfed slightly more than the others only because they were doing a more damage than other classes and were slightly overpowered on the Beta anyway .
    looks like ima have to start reading stuff before i get all huffy

reload the front page and read. kkthx
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see rogues and druids? Most their abilities got the weapon damage coefficient reduced in half.

I see that cleave does more damage than heroic strike now, i wish they would make both do same damage.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I hope everyone that cries about this quits the class. I'm tired of fair weather warriors who don't understand that nerfs like these are necessary for balance. People should be happy that dps is even viable at this point instead of the awful state of affairs we had when this game was new. Good Warriors will continue to do good and be competitive in all aspects of the game, and hopefully the people that rolled the class to be OP don't let the door hit them in the ass on the way out.

every got the bat this time so i'd say its not different from what other classes gets however unholy mastery is being buffed which is cool but that was off topic on topic i dont think they got nerfed too much but time will tell

Please read the update, these are nerfs for low levels toons. They will have no effect on 80+

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this won't mean warriors go back to hitting like wet noodles. The Mortal Strike change is particularly harsh it seems "Mortal Strike now deals 80% weapon damage, down from 185%." I really enjoyed having MS hit for a decent amount on live, as opposed to how weak MS hit throughout the expansion due to the strength of the healing debuff.

OP, are you joking? This is the patch we've all been waiting for, the patch we've all been dreaming of. Finally burst is getting significantly reduced, and fights will be longer and more thought out.

I think I finally understand why boub likes unicorns so much, he foresaw this patch.

Deleted
    Those numbers are for level 1 characters. The level 85 values will probably not change that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groznar View Post
    Honestly I hope everyone that cries about this quits the class. I'm tired of fair weather warriors who don't understand that nerfs like these are necessary for balance. People should be happy that dps is even viable at this point instead of the awful state of affairs we had when this game was new. Good Warriors will continue to do good and be competitive in all aspects of the game, and hopefully the people that rolled the class to be OP don't let the door hit them in the ass on the way out.
    Its natural for people to see the big changes in coefficients and worry about the state of their class. As jarring as the changes are, they aren't enough to make me go back to my DK. I was hoping some more of the mage coefficients would get toned down but was sorely disappointed.

watching the forums explode with countless threads created by and replyed to by people without F5 or a refresh button to see the post explaining the massive across the board nerfs are only for lvs 1-79 and have no impact for lv 80-85 is ======= PRICELESS
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

devastate is was to OP IMO. im leveling up a warrior currently and ~5 devastates in a row and the target is dead

Vigilance no longer reduces damage taken by the target by 3%
    I'll say this much, no way will I be spending a talent point on vigilance to reduce someone's threat. it was a tough decision when it reduced the damge they took, but simply to reduce their threat? classes should be balanced enough so they can control their own threat. I don't feel I should spend my talents and cd's to reduce someone's threat. this is something that they should be responsible for in their build and playstyle. this talent just seems like a way of taking advantage of a tank for poor choices made by a dps. there are times when it can be useful, but because it requires preparation ahead of time, people have the ability to make the decision to watch their threat. its not an "oh shit" ability to save someone, IMO. its more like cleaning up for a sloppy dps...thats just my opinion

edit: I do think the critical block nerf will significantly widen the power divide between levels 80-85... shield block will make 85's with 100% block chance so much stronger with the extra block chance converted to critical block...mastery will make 85's stronger too. this should be interesting to watch the scaling and capabilities of top end warrior tanks
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-11-03 at 10:05 PM.