Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Stamina stacking as DK in Cataclysm

A thread over in the Paladin forum has their unbuffed health at 172k with T11 raid gear. Any info on Death Knight health level, both tank and dps?
    goes great with 7-Up!

Should be slightly higher. Prot paladins get +15% stamina from spec.

We get 9% from spec and 8% from blood presence.

e: as for dps, I'd go with ~110k ish

Deleted
    seriously .. 172k unbuffed? is the jump so huge from 5m heroic gear to the first tier content?

10+ Year Old Account
    was stamina on gear and health greatly buffed recently? two weeks ago my warrior had ~119k unbuffed in blue heroic gear (premade)

t11 raid gear > blue heroic gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    t11 raid gear > blue heroic gear
    Yeah but really.. i difference of around 50k hp just from one set of tiers? thats just stupid imo. if it keeps going like that we will have 300k hp in patch 4.3. And how would the lower geared tanks ever be able to gear up with 200k less hp?

It's just a matter of percentages. ICC25 tanks can pretty easily get 3x the health of a fresh dinged tank in blues. Same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Yeah but really.. i difference of around 50k hp just from one set of tiers? thats just stupid imo. if it keeps going like that we will have 300k hp in patch 4.3. And how would the lower geared tanks ever be able to gear up with 200k less hp?
    By being fed free gear from the new 5 mans that will be released with each tier of raid content, as well as other loot added to be purchased with Justice Points on the vendors.

As a healer and looking at the heals i can do, fuck, :O that's a lot of HP to heal up with little heals.

Whatever you buy with valor points now will be bought with justice points in 4.1 and you get justice points from heroics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    Whatever you buy with valor points now will be bought with justice points in 4.1 and you get justice points from heroics
    Do you really think blizzard will make the same mistake ones more and make the first raids here dead after 2 more patches? I really dont think that after blizzard spoke so much about that they want everyone to see and anjoy the content.. maybe some gear will be upgraded and bought with justice points. But i sure dont think nor hope that it will be as drastic as it was for the whole tier9 set being available for badges...

Lets see

On my unholy DK on beta in mostly t11 gear is at 117k unbuffed

Do you really think blizzard will make the same mistake ones more and make the first raids here dead after 2 more patches? I really dont think that after blizzard spoke so much about that they want everyone to see and anjoy the content.. maybe some gear will be upgraded and bought with justice points. But i sure dont think nor hope that it will be as drastic as it was for the whole tier9 set being available for badges...

Lets see
    They've already said that everything shifts down.

As for health differences from heroic to raid. Heroic gear is not epic. Blues get less stat/ilvl than epics. At t12, the jump will probably be nowhere near as big (10-20k)

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecow View Post
    On my unholy DK on beta in mostly t11 gear is at 117k unbuffed
    This, my beta premade DK in greens and dungeon blues (premade DKs were terribly itemized) had about 100k health in DPS gear.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    As a healer and looking at the heals i can do, fuck, :O that's a lot of HP to heal up with little heals.
    Isnt that exactly the reason tanks shouldnt stam stack? It makes them mana sponges for healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

i hit 60k unbuffed last night.

a 20k hp tank was the starting point for heroics at the start of wrath (were talking like week1 here)

Deleted
    No. There's always a difference between Heroic Dungeon Level Gear and Epic Raiding Gear.

Blues have less stats, always. Also, less sockets. Those make a big difference. You can't compare Heroics Gear to Raiding Gear.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 05:28 PM ----------

Lets see
    3 Pieces of T11 are available by Valor Points. Blizzard calls it "Raid Progression" older Raids (4.0 Content) will drop Justice Points after 4.1 hits, "the game moves on" as they'll say. Yes, by 4.3 all this content will be faceroll for noobs.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    Isnt that exactly the reason tanks shouldnt stam stack? It makes them mana sponges for healers.
    You don't need to Heal a Tank to full Health anymore......

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    You shouldn't stam stack because time till death is not going to matter as much as overall damage taken. That's why you shouldn't stam stack. Not because stam stacking would give you a superhuge health pool. If you have 20k health or 900k health, if a healer is trying to keep you topped off they'll run out of mana at the same time.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    You don't NEED to be topped off anymore. Stamina is fine as long as a Healer doesn't try to top you off for nothing. Its just un-necessary in a world when a Tank won't get 2-3 shotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    You don't NEED to be topped off anymore. Stamina is fine as long as a Healer doesn't try to top you off for nothing. Its just un-necessary in a world when a Tank won't get 2-3 shotted.
    Which is pretty much what I was getting at. You need to A) not take enough damage to kill you and B) not take so much damage that your healer can't keep up and runs out of mana. Reducing overall damage taken is the most important thing when healer mana is an issue.
    Beta Club Brosquad