Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fulmination Power Aura added in new beta patch and more info on searing totem

Just on beta and noticed they also added a fulmination power aura for 9 stacks. I have zero addons in beta so this is definetly on blizzards side.

Also Searing totems range does still work with totemic reach so we will get the full 40 yards out of it.

Update 1 - Searing totem will fire at the mob with flame shock and continue to fire even if flame shock falls off. When i first tested it I was on a test dummy and it would stop when FS fell off.

Update 2- was able to post a pic, here is what the fulmination poweraura looks like. I have not seen a lava surge one, not sure where people are getting that info from
    http://img836.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...10235022l.jpg/
    Last edited by demus; 2010-11-05 at 07:44 PM.

thats awesome, finally a smart searing totem, and i can delete my power aura for 9 stack lightning shield when the next patch hits i havent played beta for a week or so, thanks for the find!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lava Surge also has a Blizz Poweraura, but it mostly just flashes to let you know LvB is off cooldown.
    goes great with 7-Up!

Quote Originally Posted by demus View Post
    I also noticed that searing totem will only fire if flame shock is on. If flame shock falls off, searing totem will just sit there until you reapply flame shock.
    Thats not good!
    That basicly means that should our Flame shock wear off we'll be loosing out on 1-2 (meaby even more) shoots from our searing totem =S

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhar View Post
    Thats not good!
    That basicly means that should our Flame shock wear off we'll be loosing out on 1-2 (meaby even more) shoots from our searing totem =S
    You shouldn't be letting flameshock fall off anyway. Did they add the little 'If you overwrite the dot just before it expires, you gain the full duration plus what was left?'

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You shouldn't be letting flameshock fall off anyway. Did they add the little 'If you overwrite the dot just before it expires, you gain the full duration plus what was left?'
    Flame shock and other dots now have their damage updated on the spot, so as your AP or SP fluctuates, so does the damage of the dot. They did this so it wouldn't be seen a bad thing to clip your dots. So at this point I think clipping it won't be as big a deal as letting it fall off.

Searing totem does act funny when practicing on a Dummy. I think as long as you have initiated the enemy with flameshock Searing will continue to hit it even if the dot falls off when you fight a real enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darzhar View Post
    Thats not good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It is only a concern for PvP. Every healer can now remove our guidance system for searing totem. I don't see why it can't just continue shooting the last target we flame shocked. Although, this would become troublesome if our target was sheeped and a searing bolt was already airborne....

Quote Originally Posted by Acrophis View Post
    It is only a concern for PvP. Every healer can now remove our guidance system for searing totem. I don't see why it can't just continue shooting the last target we flame shocked. Although, this would become troublesome if our target was sheeped and a searing bolt was already airborne....
    I think it does keep shooting the last target. It only acts funny with the Training dummies. I wasn't paying close attention but I was on the beta earlier and I'm pretty sure that Flame Shock and SS are only needed to give Searing totem a target to fix on, it will continue firing that target unless you refresh the totem or switch targets with a FS or SS. When I would switch targets, the Searing Flames debuff would still be stacking on my previous target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally ! Was about time for 40yd Searing and Fulmination and Lava surge sweet and pretty in game Auras! We have been heard!

Good to hear they are putting in some stuff for the Elemental triggers.

Was curious why they weren't there in the first place.

Also great news with Searing, just patch up the AI a lil better and it seems as though Elemental is all set to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
    Finally ! Was about time for 40yd Searing and Fulmination and Lava surge sweet and pretty in game Auras! We have been heard!
    any screemshots ?

Quote Originally Posted by demus View Post
    Just on beta and noticed they also added a fulmination power aura for 9 stacks. I have zero addons in beta so this is definetly on blizzards side. Would post a pic but would not allow me to on these forums.

Also Searing totems range does still work with totemic reach so we will get the full 40 yards out of it. I also noticed that searing totem will only fire if flame shock is on. If flame shock falls off, searing totem will just sit there until you reapply flame shock.
    Umm, ive had Fulmination and Lava Surge in game Power Auras for weeks now... Fulmination is a crappy little green lightning overhead and LS is big red "brackets" around your character. Are they different visuals on beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    Umm, ive had Fulmination and Lava Surge in game Power Auras for weeks now... Fulmination is a crappy little green lightning overhead and LS is big red "brackets" around your character. Are they different visuals on beta?
    You're running Totemtimers, aren't you?

Yea it always confused me why we didn't get a blizz Power aura for Lava surge but I'm glad the implemented one. And woot for finally getting a range buff for searing totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Flame shock and other dots now have their damage updated on the spot, so as your AP or SP fluctuates, so does the damage of the dot. ... and other stuff
    I take it you are talking beta here? Be course that's not how it is on live now. You can't keep the haste from herolust and what not - but you do keep SP buffs - from trinket and ring procs, dmg modifiers like Elemental Mastery and Clear Casting and crit increase. The DoT will keep these for as long as the its on the target - and as it is for elementals atm - that's forever... unless you need to swop target ofc.

Deleted
    They have been watching my video on youtube! YES!

i heard that searing shoots the target with your ss debuff too, c/d?
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Deleted
    I am happy..no...pissed...now there's nothing left to QQ about elem :O

SOme1 make some pretty pictures pls

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that Searing Totem change is not good for Enhance at all. Our first few GCD's are used to set up our attacks and if Searing Totem is not stacking the debuff untill the 3rd of 4th GCD thats wasted potential stacking time.