I've been playing fire in pvp atm and tried to do some bg testing to check out if the still max crit pvp gear or crit gear with full mastery reforging was better or worse or kinda a "suits the playstile" setup.

Technically on full crit I have about 40-41% (cant remember right), without the crit 264 dagger (still the haste 1), and the stock 8 mastery aka 20% burn increase. I seem to be like doing quite well with a regular crit basis and killing a lot off ppl but I found it hard to kill healers (yeah old news :P) with pyro burst and even max dots + combustion but could do really decent dmg to them.

Now with mastery reforge I drop to 33% crit and went to 15.68 mastery aka 37% and weirdly I found that I could just cast lvb+1pyro+get a few ignites and like a "average" warrior died a horrible burning death. Better was that I was finally able to kill a good pvp geared holy pally/resto shaman by just like force them all cds, get all dots on him use combustion dragons breath -> fireball > silence to prevent dispel and most of the times I could kill them (considering 1v1 in a bg + I didnt duel holy pallys or resto shamans for a while).

This weirdly surprised me a bit and decided to stick with crit/mastery setup atm couse well crit reduction is gone so about 6-7% crit is not gonna hurt... i think.

Also I know its 4.0.1, nothing is balanced, mages are op, new nerfs are coming and "at 85 is balanced" statements are common.

But you think mastery will like be as a viable in fire pvp in 85? I kinda like it atm so I wonder if could be a rly good alternative since crit is not scaling as well.