Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Consolidating my UI

Hi

I've had a breeze through the Druid UI thread and I see some nice pictures and some slightly overcomplicated ones as well. But I can't put name to picture so I'm requesting aid from addon experts!

My UI is the basic Blizzard one with a little bit of Dominos thrown in and DeadlyBoss / Omen naturally being a tank primarily.
    However the buttons seem very large for the screen (I see people with nice small icons leaving plenty of room to see what's going on in the battle) and the default raid bars are hurrendous, they take up the whole left hand side of the screen and don't tell me anything useful for tanking purposes.

If I put below a list of requirements would anyone be able to suggest user friendly UI addons for me? I'll do the hard work of assigning keybinds and macros, but I can't be bothered to do that (gonna take me ages) till my UI is cleaned up. I also probably intend to change my dual spec from Kitty PVP to Resto PVP / PVE so any healing related addons will be handy too. But mainly it's for my Bear PVE tank spec.

Requirements

(1) Buttons should be easy to read, but not so large that they take up the whole screen. Raid awareness is key, take Putracide for example. I've seen some UI's where they have lots of small buttons in the bottom centre of the screen with the keybindings visible on the icon which caught my attention.

(2) Omen is nice and all, but mostly just a pile of numbers and it only helps on the unit I'm actively selecting. What I need is something that will show me how good threat wise I'm doing on several mobs and then alert me (either by whisper/say/raid/raidwarning) when a DPS or healer pulls a mob towards them. Ok I got eyes I know, but you can't always see everything!

(3) The default Raid bars are rubbish, they take up too much room even in 10 man mode and don't tell me anything useful. I need to consolidate these down, but I need something that will give plenty of useful information like health, whether they have overtaken on threat, maybe even what they are targeting though that might be overkill.

(4) Anything that would assist quick targeting - for e.g. if someone does pull an add I wanna be able to target that unit promptly and feral charge my fat ass over there without having to frantically click the guy. Also using Tab to select each guy in turn for Lacerate could be easier.

(5) Is it possible to have a cast bar over every mob in a group rather than just the one I'm directly hitting so I can skull bash better?

(6) There's BadKitty for cats for timers, is there one for bears to easily keep track of Lacerates/Pulverizes etc?

I understand that some of these may be answered by button commands or shortcuts etc, if that's the case feel free to enlighten me as I don't know a great deal about those, but be nice! :-) I tank pretty well considering my lack of a decent UI and shortcuts so I'm just hoping to improve on greatness!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. For 3 and 5 you might want to try Grid and Tidy Plates respectively. I don't think there is a feature for 2 and 4, and 1 is just configuring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

go for tukui on http://www.tukui.org/

forum with it to explain everything, and make all the addons u use look the same as tukui's skin.

Standalone very complete allr, low memory, easy use and very easy to config.

just a tip... check it out !
    Last edited by webdonkey; 2010-11-04 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    What i use in my ui are

1. Dominoes
    2. tidy Plates Threat Plates
    3. Grid
    4. /assist macro
    5. see 2
    6. DroodFocus

Victoria Aut Mors

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tukui isnt what I would recommend, head over to manaflask.com and check out their UI's. Mogics with a some work is what I've found out works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    Tukui isnt what I would recommend, head over to manaflask.com and check out their UI's. Mogics with a some work is what I've found out works for me
    Don't listen to him. TukUI is amazing. You can head over to the site and there are some great Edits of TukUI. Personally i use Hydras edit, it gets rid of the little things about TukUI that id rather not have. http://www.TukUI.org

Deleted
    Can someone explain the /assist macro?

I've had a look at Grid, just looks like a bunch of coloured boxes, though it beats the default by miles. The data looks a little overwhelming but I guess that will become easier with practice.

Liking the assistance though guys! :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Can someone explain the /assist macro?
    misunderstood what you were wanting /assist is more for the dps to focus on the tanks target.

create a macro that looks kinda like this

/cast [@mouseover] Growl(Bear Form)
    /cast [@mouseover] Feral Charge(Bear Form)

this will cast growl and charge on the target your mouse is over without deselecting your current target. I dont use the charge in mine the second line is FFF so the mob comes back to me instead of me racing to it.
    Last edited by uzumati; 2010-11-04 at 04:59 PM.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

First check the video setting

Before you do anything else, check the Advanced Video settings (under the video tab). There is a UI scale slider that will reduce the overall scale of the UI. Once this is done then the other UI options become a lot easier. I use CT_Advanced suite of addons but it is such a personal preference, you need to choose the one that works for you.

This is my UI. The screenshot is of my shaman, but it looks the same on my druid, minus the totem bar obviously.

Addons used:
    VuhDo - amazing raid healing frames. It switches position depending on which specc I'm in. When resto it's positioned in the way you can see on the screenshot. When feral, the grid is smaller and switches to the top left corner to be out of the way but still visible. You can also set it to display player's threat level on their target. I highly recommend this one.
    Quartz - cast bar
    MoveAnything - moves my portrait, enemy portrait, loot windows... simply anything and everything to the place I desire.
    Bartender - bars. I used to have 2 bars at the bottom there, but I gradually keybinded everything and then hid the bar when I was confident I remember every single keybind without looking at the bar.
    Skada - damage/threat meter
    ForteXorcist - Cooldowns timer, DoT timer. You can see the cooldown timer on the Screenshot (the grey bar), but the DoT timer isn't visible. I like having it right above the enemy portrait, mainly to track Lacerates.
    ArkInventory - Bag addon that organizes my inventory
    Power Auras - I don't use it on my druid any more, but on my shaman I use it to track shield status. The green circle around my portrait means there's 3 stacks of Lighting Shield up. The circle changes color to yellow and then red as stacks diminish. Water shield uses a different graphic.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Pretty sure most bar addons let you scale. You can use the default ui scaling in basic options but it does everything, so if it's just your bars it wont work well. I use bartender and it scales them for sure.

2) Get tidyplates threat bars. You'll have a bar over all the mobs. When they are on you they are a certain color. It shows your threat right on top of their bars. When you start loosing agro, the bar drops, just like omen, so you can see what you're loosing agro on before you do. When you do loose agro, you can have it change colors and get big so you know you need to grab it. You can add pretty much anything else to the bars you need too.

3) Any type of healing addon can be changed for a tank. With vuhdo you can make the raid frames extremely simple, small, and just do exactly what you need with little effort, least amount of memory, and least amount of bugs right now. Other addons are fine, but vuhdo just kind of shines right now.

4) no idea

5) Tidyplates does this too.

6) Not sure about on the bars or the addons like pallys used to have. You can get a coolLine type addon though and stick it right in your viewing area, make the icon huge when it's up and make a noise for each important thing.

Deleted
    Very nice, downloaded a few for testing and tinkering. So far DroodFocus is the first and I've finished tailoring it for bear form. Very satisfied with it, so that's timers and stats sorted. Will tinker with TidyPlates next.

adding some more info to the dominos suggestions.

1) dominos + button facade (i use the lite step skin). just reduce the scale of your bars along with the padding and spacing to match.

the rest have been covered

(4) /cast [@mouseovertarget] Feral Charge(Bearform)

or something like that (whatever the name of feral charge is these days)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use droodfocus for all your debuff tracking. You can set it up to look how you want, it has an energy bar, combo points and debuff/buff trackers.

LUI for UI layout.

FullThrottle for timers. Can be customized to track bear timers.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9...0510122254.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kittyrawr View Post
    LUI for UI layout.

FullThrottle for timers. Can be customized to track bear timers.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9...0510122254.jpg
    Not trying to make fun of you, but why on earth would you be using the Darnassian Training Dummies?

On a serious note, You're going to have to dig through everyone's suggestions and combine them for a suitable UI. I've been playing this game for 4 and half years and still can't find the "perfect" UI. It's weird because I see all these videos and screenshots of awesome UI, but when you use them on your own resolution stuff gets out of place and it's hard to fit everything or some stuff is too spread out, or there isn't room for this addon and you just trash half of it. I'd suggest you look through wowinterface's "Minimalist Compilations" and check some of those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Justbearwithit View Post
    Not trying to make fun of you, but why on earth would you be using the Darnassian Training Dummies?
    Why not? What's wrong with them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyrawr View Post
    Why not? What's wrong with them?
    If Darnassus is the same as it is on my server the the amount of dust that has built up on the dummies just makes it annoying.

Bear brings up a good point about ui scaling with resolution, the main reason i didn't go with a premade ui and instead took components of others that i liked and made my own.
    Victoria Aut Mors