Thread: Item Tracker

Item Tracker

Hi,

i am using ArkInventory for a long time and i would like to replace with an alternative that does not have such high memory usage (~5 MB for ArkI). But it has one function that i do not want to miss: It tracks the quantity of an item i have ON ALL MY TOONS on that server. As i twink a lot, it is really useful to see that "i do have another 9 eternal earth on my warlock-twink". Do you know other bag addons also including this?

Bagnon is a wonderful thing in my opinion, try it! When mouseovering an item, it tells you the quantity of that item on all your toons as you said, and lets you browse their bags / bank aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please note that Memory Usage is _NOT_ important in an addon. ArkInventory embeds the LibPeriodicTable libraries, which use several megs of memory, but it is static usage. AI on it's own isn't all that heavy.

Static Memory Usage doesn't affect gameplay unless you're on a bare-minimum system. DYNAMIC memory usage signifies either a very active addon (think Auctioneer during an AH scan), or an addon with memory leak issues. What you should be more interested in is CPU Usage. Even a 1kb addon can lock up your system or make things very choppy, just by being very heavy on the CPU usage. Seriously, with WoW using 500MB-1.2GB of memory, do you really think an addon using 5mb is going to affect gameplay? That's 1% at MOST - down to roughly 0.4% - of what WoW uses.

TL;DR version - Memory usage is nothing, CPU usage is everything.

Bagnon_Forever (part of Bagnon and Combuctor) can do the work, though.

Thanks for the info, Bagnon really looks nice, i´ll give it a try.

Altoholic has this feature too and is a great addon overall, although not a "bag addon".

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator