Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How is feral rotation now

I know before patch 4.01 the feral rotation for dps in pve was very intense and probably one of the hardest to manage. Has that changed with the patch? My guild is going from a nice size guild to a 10 man guild for cata and we don't have many melee but a ton of spell casters, so i was thinking about switching over. But honestly the old feral rotation was not fun and i didn't enjoy pve because of it.
    Crymeabubble - level 80 Paladin on Shadowmoon (TBC main)
    Crymeaboom - level 80 Druid on Shadowmoon (WOTLK / CATA main)
    Ithilen- level 80 Hunter on Shadowmoon (WOTLK main)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-4.0.1-edition

lookup the rotation part or its a priority and its part 3.2

I guess that since Dots won't clipt anymore and with the 1 minute duration, the rotation at least became a little bit more simple.

Still a pain in the ass.

Simple version:

* Keep Tiger's Fury on cooldown
    * Keep Mangle up
    * Keep Berserk on cooldown
    * Use Ferocious Bite to refresh Rip duration when the boss is below 25%
    * Use Shred on Clearcasting
    * Keep a 5 combo point Rip up
    * Keep Rake up
    * Keep Savage Roar up
    * Use a 5 combo point Ferocious Bite if there's a lot of time left on Rip and Savage Roar
    * Use Shred to generate combo points

Full version:

* If you got 30 or less energy and Berserk isn't up, use Tiger's Fury
    * Use Mangle if the bleed debuff is about to fall off. (can skip if you have a bear, arms warrior or subtlety rogue in the group)
    * Use Berserk if there's more than 15 sec cd on Tiger's Fury and your energy is 1second from being energy capped (80-90).
    * Use Ferocious Bite if the boss is below 25% health, Rip is about to fall off and you have 1 or more combo points.
    * Use Ferocious Bite if the boss is below 25% health, you have a Rip on the target and you have 5 combo points.
    * Use Shred if you have Clearcasting.
    * Use Rip if you have 5 combo points, Rip has less than 2 seconds left or is not on the target.
    * Use Rake if Rake has less than 3 seconds left or is not on the target.
    * Use Savage Roar if you have 1 or more combo points and SR is about to fall off or isn't on you yet.
    * Use Savage Roar if you have 5 combo points, Rip has 12 or less seconds left and SR and Rip will expire 3 or less seconds from each other.
    * Use Ferocious Bite if you have 5 combo points, and SR and Rip both have 8 or more seconds left.
    * Use Shred if you can use it to extend Rip duration with glyph of shred.
    * Use Shred if you have less than 5 combo points, rip and rake aren't about to drop and you either got more than 70 energy, or you got berserk and more than 35 energy, or Tiger's Fury is coming off cooldown within 3 seconds.
    * Use Shred if you have 0 combo points and there's less than 2 seconds left on Savage Roar or Rake.
    * Use Shred if there's no Rip on the target
    * Use Shred if you're 1 second away from getting energy capped.

Deleted
    DoTs still clip, it's just the last tick that will get added to your next DoT if you clip it.

Thought they were gonna make the rotation easier for new feral players etc. Slighty increased duration on savage roar and longer bleed debuff doesn't really cut it.

I can manage just fine, but one of my good friends decided to quit his feral druid because the rotation was very demanding, compared to certain other classes, who can press 2-4 buttons and magic will happen.

If you suck at feral, go play another class. It's not hard. lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimach View Post
    If you suck at feral, go play another class. It's not hard. lol.
    its hard to master, but once you mastered it its like taking a walk in the park, believe it or not.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    its hard to master, but once you mastered it its like taking a walk in the park, believe it or not.
    This.

Aff Warlocks are harder to play well than a Feral Druid (if you've been playing Feral Druids since vanilla like me)

Deleted
    while duration on rake and SR got increased, and sr isnt required anymore for buffing bleeds, you do need to time tiger's fury better, as well as spreading bleeds around in multi-target situations instead of mindlessly spamming swipe. So imo it's pretty close to the same difficulty level as it was before, you just won't get punished that bad dps-wise if you don't keep a perfect rotation.

Except you use tigers fury for energy regen so if you macro it to abilities it can fuck you over. at times with extreme amounts of wasted energy.

Yeah that's a really terrible idea. Tiger's Fury should never be auto cast for you. You need to use it when it's a good idea.

I think its actually way harder than before the patch. Especially with maxing hit and expertise being a major dps loss compared to a very minor one like before the patch.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    I think its actually way harder than before the patch. Especially with maxing hit and expertise being a major dps loss compared to a very minor one like before the patch.
    What does that have to do with the rotation?

Feral rotation is amazing IMO. I love the fact that its one of the harder rotations in the game. I love the fact that if you do something wrong you can drop 1/4 your dps. I love the fact that I have to use a keyboard instead my gamepad because I have to use so many abilities in one fight. I hate to see people complain (not that I said anyone is complaining) about feral rotation, because if blizzard makes it easier I will probably just forget about my druid, just as I have forgotten my dk. Because of the hard rotation, I am always drawn to my feral after even playing a few minutes on other classes. Oh, did I mention my furry balls totally turn on the ladies?

/rant

(First post ftw?)

I dont have issues with it at all. I still have fun playing feral kitty. Or well OK... only issues I have now is that I have to use cower A LOT now (especially in ICC).
    Tough our feral bear when goes DPS (specc incl) doesnt like it at all and complains he gets bit lost (and his DMG/DPS on meters shows this).

As with all classes, there's a big difference in doing the proper rotation and mastering the proper rotation. But in the case of feral druids, messing up can be very unforgiving. When you look at the priority list (couple posts up) it may seem intimidating, but after some practice, you realize that it's really common sense. That being said, feral dps is DEFINITELY not for everyone. Knowing what to use and when to use it will increase your dps by huge percentages. Keeping Tiger's Fury on CD isn't actually the best option. Time your Tiger's Fury with your bleeds for an additional 15% dmg on every tick, resulting in your top 2 damaging abilities being even more awesome.

While alot of our abilities have changed, our basic class niche (for lack of a better word) has not. We are still a melee dps dependant on bleeding dots and being in backstab range. Our priority system has changed, but in no way easier. Chances are, if you didn't enjoy feral dps before, you won't now.

With haste scaling energy and bloated crit from more agility on gear ( instead of arpen mostly regarding gemming) feral rotations are quite easy honestly. I am actually sitting at 5 cps very often with over 20 secs left on SR, and 12 or so secs on rip.

Its quite insane and the hardest thing to keep up is really rake because it has the shortest duration. I may actually have to get the ferocious bite glyph ( remove extra energy consumption) because I use it so often.

the best part of bein a kitty is when your something makes you look away from the sceen, and when you look back:
    1. your bleeds are all falling off
    2. you have no combo points
    3. tigers fury is on cd
    4. savage roar isnt even up
    5. you just knocked over your beer NOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    What does that have to do with the rotation?
    If something misses, it changes your rotation. Unless you just skip it or something.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.