Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djheffer View Post
    the best part of bein a kitty is when your something makes you look away from the sceen, and when you look back:
    1. your bleeds are all falling off
    2. you have no combo points
    3. tigers fury is on cd
    4. savage roar isnt even up
    5. you just knocked over your beer NOOOO
    Haha, really rofld. Happened me alot of times.. not #5 tho, thanks god!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    I think its actually way harder than before the patch. Especially with maxing hit and expertise being a major dps loss compared to a very minor one like before the patch.
    If anything it's gotten easier ;/

Specially last 20%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    I think its actually way harder than before the patch. Especially with maxing hit and expertise being a major dps loss compared to a very minor one like before the patch.
    Whats your gear like?At higher gear lvls other ferals on my server and i and we all doing the same thing.We are running with 17 Expertise and between 4-6% hit chance. And Max out mastery as much as we can. Rotation is insanely easy as it is now, Rip and Rakes hit like a truck when you have 450+ mastery, 20K tick bleeds in HC ICC25, if you miss a few auto hits doesnt matter. As long as you are not struggling for CPs or reapplying moves you just need to change the Mind set ArP gave of maxing it. Think Ulduar/Naxx where you didnt bother much with it.

Rotation is actually alot more simple

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I only started playing a feral druid. Am level 36 now. Basically you can macro tiger's fury to your main attacks since it's off global cooldown.

Ex:
    #show Mangle
    /cast tiger's fury
    /cast Mangle

Will use your mangle attack as usual but if tiger's fury is available, it will use that 1st.
    You can put /cast tiger's fury into all your macros.

So this is one button you can forget about.
    Also, note that you don't need to follow the rotation to the letter to do good, only if you want to maximise everything.
    Good idea wrong attack, put it on shred, this way you will be a couple of attacks in before using it and won't waste the energy.

Good idea wrong attack, put it on shred, this way you will be a couple of attacks in before using it and won't waste the energy.
    It's not a good idea at all.

The scene:

You're dpsing along. You've got Rip up with 14secs remaining and one rip-extending Shred left to put on it, you've got a brand new Rake you put up exactly as you get a debuff that requires you to run away from the rest of the raid.

You run out, and then back, and hit Shred because Mangle is already up or provided by someone else, Rip is now sitting at 7secs remaining and you still need to use your last Shred to extend it, and Rake still has a few secs left, and you're fixing to energy cap if you didn't already energy cap while you ran out.

So you run back in, you hit Shred which auto uses Tiger's Fury because you thought it was a good idea and waste a lot of energy.

Locking Tiger's Fury in to one of your other abilities is not a good idea, ever. Am I saying you're disallowed? Nope, but you will never maximize damage by doing so.

If you are using macros to save space by having multiple functions to a single keybinding then the best ability to bind with Tiger's Fury is arguably Berserk. An example macro is provided below:

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift, button:2] Berserk
    /cast [noform:3]!Cat Form(Shapeshift)
    /cast [button:2] Berserk
    /cast [modifier:shift] Berserk
    /castsequence reset=30 Tiger's Fury, Berserk

The macro appears complex but isn't very complex. Cat Form could be removed if you don't like the shapeshifting. The additional lines are provided to show Berserk when Tiger's Fury is on cooldown and to allow for use of Berserk using modifier keys.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-11-05 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its easier (more forgiving) than it was but that isnt saying much lol

its still gonna take skill to pull off effectively.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's more forgiving now for doing it wrong, but I'd say it's much harder to perfect it now. Things like keeping bleeds up with a TF buff and using FB more. It's just harder to be perfect now.

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    The feral rotation is complicated as it is. Let's worry about making it comfortable to play for newbies first and later about maximising dps.
    The problem is that remembering to use TF at the right times is a big part now, as it's quite a massive buff. Honestly I wouldn't macro it into anything, because when you get the instant energy gain from the ability you want to use it when you're low on energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djheffer View Post
    the best part of bein a kitty is when your something makes you look away from the sceen, and when you look back:
    1. your bleeds are all falling off
    2. you have no combo points
    3. tigers fury is on cd
    4. savage roar isnt even up
    5. you just knocked over your beer NOOOO
    Haha, you made my night bro. That was funny. Yea losing focus for a few seconds can screw up your whole rotation. For me it has been GF aggro

Deleted
    You could actually learn how to play by you know...playing? If you need others to help you with a game, you need to stop playing imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You could actually learn how to play by you know...playing? If you need others to help you with a game, you need to stop playing imo.
    Tell your guild to disable all addons, to not use spreadsheets, to not look up on forums. Otherwise, you stop playing. This poster is new to some class and asks for help. Instead of being a jerk, help him out. I prefer to see this guy in my random / raid then to see someone who does not know everything about his class.

On topic: I have no idea, sorry. I was just looking at this post as it is helpful for me aswell (leveling a druid right now).

Deleted
    Ok not going to quote as this would turn into a tldr, Firstly please never ever macro TF to any move, thats completely retarded. Secondly anyone saying feral has got harder 4.0.1 must've removed some of your grey matter. Thirdly Feral is fun to play, don't worry about it being too hard as eventually you get used to it, addons such as BadKitty go a long way to helping you too! Right now crit rating is through the roof due to level scaling (after regems scrubs) so you'll have lots of extra CPs, spend them on FB.

If you are having a lot of trouble with keeping track of your rotation, try using some cat druids addons out there: feral by night, FaceMauler, etc. I find that when I first started raiding it helped a lot with maximizing your rotation.

Also don't forget to take NomNomNom/Blood in the Water so you can just FB to refresh Rip at <25% Makes the rotation easier as you try to zerg that boss down

I sadly aint tryed feral since 4.0 in pve... No guild atm as mine disbanned But iv been doing alot of feral pvp and it is ALOT nicer now we aint got to buff savage roar all the time to even do damage :P

It's not too bad. The basics are easier than pre-4.0.1, but timing Tiger's Fury with your dots can be tricky. I wonder if you're better off just using it every chance you get (assuming low energy, of course) and simply overwriting your weaker dots with the new +15% dots. Yeah, you use up some energy you don't necessarily HAVE to, but then the 15% buff for all attacks is up more often.

Anyway, it's fun and engaging for me if a bit easier due to less-punishing DOT clipping and longer buff/debuff uptimes. However, rumor on the street is that our crit rate will go WAY down in cata, so we won't be getting as many combo points as before, which could make things alot more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
    It's not too bad. The basics are easier than pre-4.0.1, but timing Tiger's Fury with your dots can be tricky. I wonder if you're better off just using it every chance you get (assuming low energy, of course) and simply overwriting your weaker dots with the new +15% dots. Yeah, you use up some energy you don't necessarily HAVE to, but then the 15% buff for all attacks is up more often.

Anyway, it's fun and engaging for me if a bit easier due to less-punishing DOT clipping and longer buff/debuff uptimes. However, rumor on the street is that our crit rate will go WAY down in cata, so we won't be getting as many combo points as before, which could make things alot more interesting.
    In most instances, timing your Tiger's Fury to buff Rake and Rip is a dps loss. Although the dps loss for a single tick of Rake or Rip isn't very significant; losing two ticks waiting to time Tiger's Fury with Rake or Rip is a fairly significant dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    Although the dps loss for a single tick of Rake or Rip isn't very significant; losing two ticks waiting to time Tiger's Fury with Rake or Rip is a fairly significant dps loss.
    Well of course, but what if my bleeds were already up, and I simply reapplied them during tiger's fury no matter how much time was left on them? That's energy that couldn't be used for a shred or two, or a shred and a bite. I guess it depends on how hard shred/bite hit at 85 and if the extra 15% on rake/rip overcomes that.

It's probably pretty close no matter what I do, as long as I use TF on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
    Well of course, but what if my bleeds were already up, and I simply reapplied them during tiger's fury no matter how much time was left on them? That's energy that couldn't be used for a shred or two, or a shred and a bite. I guess it depends on how hard shred/bite hit at 85 and if the extra 15% on rake/rip overcomes that.

It's probably pretty close no matter what I do, as long as I use TF on cooldown.
    You won't be able to spam Ferocious Bite at level 85 for quite some time. The conversion rate for most attributes is exceedingly steep at level 85 and as a result you won't have the energy regeneration or combo point generation you have currently. In fact, simply managing Mangle, Rake, Rip, Savage Roar and three Shreds per Rip will be challenging for many due to low expertise and hit as well as lack of haste.

My understanding is that Rip can't be overwritten until the last two seconds although I could be mistaken.

Cats has never really had a rotation, but a very specific priority list. If you don't follow the priority, or if you let your bleeds fall off for too long, it can be absolutely devastating to your DPS and overall damage output. Though that is sort of what I like with cats, the spontaneity, the feeling of "if I don't get this right, I'm jumping out the window" and when you get a very nice luck streak and you manage to get a new DPS record. But I'm excited to see how things will work out in Cata, though 4.0.1 changed the specc mostly into the Cata version, but staying positive is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    My understanding is that Rip can't be overwritten until the last two seconds although I could be mistaken.
    That's just the ideal time to refresh it. You can overwrite it at any time during it's duration, assuming the new rip would be more powerful than the old one - which it almost certainly would be if you had TF up.