Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond?

So I log into the beta today with my shiny new free epics, and I'm working on gemming and enchanting my shaman, when I realize that the requirement for Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond has changed from "More blue gems than yellow gems" to "more blue gems than red gems". Considering that this is the ONLY +3% crit damage gem in cataclysm, this kinda sucks for any dps class that want to gem str, agi, or int (read "almost every dps spec").

Is blizzard going to change the requirement for the old wrath gems to reflect this? Thus forcing us to pick a crappy meta? Or will I be forced to spend a load of gold getting old mats for the wrath 3% crit meta?

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer your last question, no, because Wrath version is also changing to those requirements.

I sincerely hope it's a mistake, tho :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully its a bug, one of the BC metas on beta now requires "more blue gems than blue gems"
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

I noticed this too. It's kinda hard to get those requirements without using ANY int/anything gems, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Hm. Yeah if they changed the old metas, then it's most likely not a bug, I guess blizz wants us to weigh the 3% crit damage vs the amount of str, agi, or int we'll lose. =(

Which is fine until people don't even bother with Meta's since its better to use Red gems instead of green/yellow ones.

Few explanations for this:
    1. Its a bug.
    2. They are trying to bring the meta in line with the others to give more choice.
    3. Trying to promote the use of the less commonly used gem colours.

The last is most likely their intent. Where this change fails is that primary attributes(red gems) are almost always significantly better than any other stat by a large margin. For the majority(if not all specs) it is most likely best to continue gemming full reds and picking up a new meta. If you must gem to activate the new chaotic requirements, gemming becomes the following:

n x purple
    1 x green or blue

This still leaves the other gem colours mostly unused. If it does not increase the demand for other gem types, the only effect this change has is a reduction of our dps, which could be better handled through other means if necessary.

It's kind of retarded imo as the only useful stat you can gem blue with is hit. That means in order to meet meta requirements and be able to have at least some decent gems you will have to ignore any hit trinkets and in later tiers reforge off hit even if it is your highest dps stat in order to meet the meta requirement. And as for using other meta's lol the 3 percent bonus crit damage is huge for any class and scales exponentially as the expac goes on. That gem on live is at least 300 plus dps for most classes alone or was pre 4.0 doubt it changed much if at all.

I suppose if this goes live you could always gem hit to meet the blue requirements, and then reforge as much hit off your gear into crit/haste/mastery as possible?