Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ryker was knocked back by the blast and blacked out for a few minutes, only to be woken by one of the snipers. "Boss.. Boss! Wake up Boss!" Ryker looked up at the sniper. "Boss the hostiles retreated and the Draenei are moving north. The men are a bit bruised and shaken but ready to move on your word." Ryker stood up dusting off his now dirtied suit. "Everybody get over here!" The scattered goblins gathered in a circle around their disheveled boss before he began to speak. "Those hostiles were stronger than they look and I dont wana risk following them, we will trail those Draenei and find a way into the city." The goblins nodded in agreement with his decision. "Good, lets get moving!" The found their way down the now scarred hill and began following the Draenei's trail.

They now looked upon the pylon, mere metres away. A young farseer scurried to the front, and interrupted Seraah's gazing.

"Mistress Seraah. The ground sings to my ears. We have visitors approaching from all directions.".

Seraah locked on to the shaman, and nodded, and replied, "Summon forth a cloud of dust, and hide our travel.".

The younger shaman returned to the other farseers, as they called upon the wind around them.

"We move to the hills in the north, and we take cover. We watch as those others who have ventured here destroy the pylon for us. As it falls, we sneak past, and capture the crystal for ourselves. Understood?".

All those surrounding her nodded as their spirits hightened. They travelled to the hills in the north, hidden by the ghastly wind, watching carefully for who, or what, comes their way.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2010-11-10 at 02:47 PM.

"This way boss." One of the snipers pointed at tracks in the ground leading up into the hills. The small company of goblins trudged on before being hit by a cloud of dust. "Guns at the ready boys!" Ryker coughed through the wind as he pulled his small pistol from his belt. The goblins got closer together holding onto eachothers shoulders so that none would be lost as they climbed the path.

Flak's Marauders were a small distance south east from the final pylon when they came to a stop. A few scouts reported that they saw some goblins making their way into the duststorm ahead. A quick number check of their forces showed that thoes goblins were not affiliated with them. Flak began to think to himself about how to handle this upcoming situation. Either we use valuable resources destroying the tower in plain veiw of the enemy, or...

"Sit tight boys, we're going to wait this out for a while. Shamans, Build us a rock wall! Shredders and warriors, defensive stances! Mages and Engineers, you come with me!"

He began to look over the information they had obtained from the first tower they had studdied with the small crowd of mages and engineers. This could work, and if they had enough parts....

((Ryker, you're not supposed to follow me. That dust cloud was a distraction so you would lose my trail. That means that there would be no tracks leading to the hills in the north, since mine ended at the pylon.))

(( and a rail gun hits ryker in the head , joke jokes :P))

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    ((Ryker, you're not supposed to follow me. That dust cloud was a distraction so you would lose my trail. That means that there would be no tracks leading to the hills in the north, since mine ended at the pylon.))
    ((Oh I thought you wanted to ambush me or something))

Ryker and his men fell down the side of the hill, although dazed and bruised they were still living.

((there ya go))

10+ Year Old Account
    Aleister motioned for his men to stop. There was a gigantic dust cloud ahead of them surrounding the final pylon. He stared at the cloud for several moments before he saw movement in the cloud.

"There's something in the cloud." Aleister murmured to his second. "Crusader Paval, to my side." a man ran up next to him.

"Yes sir?" the man replied.

"Take three men. Go find out what's happening in that cloud."

"I'll take it at all costs Sir."

"No Crusader, your mission is only to find out what's going on and report back to me. Here." Aleister reached into his satchel and retrieved an orb. "Take this. This will allow you to report to me once you've ascertained what is in that cloud. Make haste."

The crusader gathered three other soldiers and explained the mission to them before they marched eagerly into the distance. Aleister sighed. He would likely not see those men again.

Taking cover in the hills to the north, their travel hidden by the cloud of dust, Seraah watched as more arrived at the pylon. Requesting her farseers to thin the cloud itself, they did so, as those that ventured into it became visible. Concealing themselves, they continued to watch as something unfolded before their very eyes.

Deleted
    Xana was sitting at a newly errected campfire further back amongst Seraah's forces. There was a subtle smile on her face, as she was talking with a Shaman. Clearly others could sense the fel taint around her, though after she absorbed it out of the trolls wound, it seemed plausible that she would have a minor fel taint. "So. Why did you come here? A war-party isn't exactly the best way to look for survivors, if you ask me"

Overhearing Xana's conversation, Seraah stepped forward towards the campfire, leaving plenty of others watching the pylon. She sat down calmly, her serious face becoming more gentle.

"Being a child of a Draenei yourself, you have surely heard of the Ata'mal Crystals. Fabled artifacts of our people once upon a time, now shattered into seven different hues of the Light. One of them is kept dear at the heart of the city of She'tor. That is why we are here, youngling.".

Deleted
    "So you're seeking the Ata'mal Crystal.. I see, I suppose thats why so many people have come here.." Lowering her shoulders, a sad expression seemed to wash slowly over Xana's face - she was playing it out well. "I guess the lust to find survivors of a lost branch was just that - a dream" Though Seraah was undead, she wasn't the most repulsive thing amongst the Draenei forces currently. Oh no no, as soon as the treachery was uncovered, they would all belong to Xana. They would all be her eternal slaves, suffering, agony, all for the greater glory of the master.
    Soon her energy would be peaking, soon the battle would be happening. A spark of dark could be seen in Xana's light eyes, for but a split second.

Deleted
    Kanni slowly opened her eyes. She had been shifting from semi-conscious to unconscious for the whole journey. Now however she was awake.

Still dazed she looked at the great beast's rider. The anchorite smiled at her and softly said something in his language. In Orcish she asked him: "Who you be? Where we be?"

((Yes, the anchorite has to be male. It's a bit of a joke. Also, is the avatar okay now, Elyaan?))

"Lust, such a harsh word. Speaking about yourself, why does the fel magic still linger... it should have dissipated by now.", Seraah raised an eyebrow, but was interrupted by a young female anchorite.

"Mistress Seraah. The troll has awoken. She is this way.", urged the priest.

"My apologies Selanaa. Please excuse me.". Seraah departed the campfire, and arrived at a mat upon which the troll was about to be put down upon. She was being lifted off the elekk as Seraah approached.

Seraah began speaking in a rusty tone of Orcish. "Greetings troll. Now, let us skip the plesantries. Why are you upon the isle of She'tor?". Seraah's dark and cold emotions began to return, banishing her more gentle side.

((Better. ))

Deleted
    Kanni eyed the dead thing warily. She knew about the free-willed undead, and had learned not to trust them. "Me... me got lost. Got lost with shiny t'ing, shiny Draenei t'ing. Open up 'ole an' throw me through. Den shiny t'ing break. Me lost 'ere, me see big pillar. Light pillar. Me come closer, pillar break. Other too, an' two more. Me see fight, see ya run away. Follow ya." She bared her sharp teeth in a smile. "Cenarion. Me no want bad... no want you bad juju."

((Kanni's like really bad at anything that ain't Zandali. )

Struggling to understand the troll, Seraah looked to a nearby anchorite. She began to speak in Eredun, "Keep this one within your sights. She is not to escape. Make sure that she remains silent.".

The anchorite nodded, and Seraah stood back up and returned to the front line, where they were continuing to watch the pylon.

Deleted
    Walking slowly towards the troll, Xana sat down. Turning her speech into Troll, she was quite sure that Kanni would be the only one capable of understanding her. "Troll, dat wich ya be seekin', is ta belong de Draenei. De oddars mig't be fuuled at ya intentians, but I be beddah knowin' mon. I be knowin' t'ings. Ya seem ta know, don't cha?" A minor smile left Xana's face, as she lifted herself from the troll. "Ya shall be seein' soon enuff."
    Turning slowly, Xana walked back towards Seraah, overlooking what was soon to become a battlefield. "Is she really a druid? Can she turn into a Raven and fly away?" Xana sounded astonished, and it was a happy smile on her face that met Seraah.

"I'm not sure, Selanaa.", she said, in an emotionless tone. She now turned to Xana and stared her in the eyes. It was as if that she was staring into her very soul. She then saw a flicker of darkness.

Stumbleing backwards, Seraah spoke in her usual cold voice. "What was that, Selanaa?".

Deleted
    Several of the vindicators now stood guard around the savagekin. She didn't understand it, she had tried being friendly towards the damned dead abberation. Well, at least the child had been friendly, even if she didn't understand what it was that she was presumably seeking.

Something was nagging at her, something that she had wanted to tell the commander, but she couldn't recall what it had been. She almost caught the thought a couple of times, but always it would slip away, and it frustrated her. To calm herself down, she began softly murmuring a lullaby and swinging rhytmically.

One of her guards coughed. She looked up, and the vindicator shook his head. Now they wouldn't let her pass the time either! Saddened, she just sat there, ears drooping. Then she felt something, a sensation she had had before in this wretched land.

They were being watched. Something was scrying on their position. She wanted to speak, but the guard put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head again. Fine then, she would keep silent.

She set a small stone in her lap and stared at it defiantly. It wasn't her fault the silly Draenei wouldn't listen to her.

Suddenly she sent the stone flying in the direction of the undead commander. It hit the death knight's armour, but it seemed enough to divert her attention to the druid, who was already surrounded by the vindicators' blades.
    Last edited by mmocdc1eb243d9; 2010-11-11 at 09:13 PM.

Fury was visible upon Seraah's face as the stone was flung at her. Charging at the troll, she began screaming in rage. "Insolent wench!". Knocking aside the vindicators around the troll, Seraah gripped Kanni from her hair and dragged her upwards to eye level.

"Explain as to why I shouldn't slit your throat right now, troll scum.". Seraah's breathing was heavy and her hand gripped hard around a dagger that she unsheathed.