Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizz, why did you rehash quests in old zones?

I don't get it. They wanted to make the game something new in the 1 to 60 content. They wanted it to be fresh and exciting, and it is in many zones. However, they have left some zones completely unchanged aside from a more streamlined version.

Hello Elwnyn Forest, Teldreassil, the Orc starting zone (1-5), Dustwallow Marsh, Sithilus,and Winterspring.

There might be more but these zones seem to sorely stick out. I honestly do not understand why the Deveoplers at Blizzard got so lazy about this. There are even quests in Ashenvale towards the end that are rehashed and seem unfinnished. Some of you might say, what are you talking about, and all that, but it is true that most of Elwynn for example is just the same thing but more streamlined.

Why are they going out of their way to revamp so many zones and then leaving places like these mostly unchanged?

It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

i think you should give them credit where it is due.

doing a revamp of the majority of old world is amazing. maybe they felt that some of those old quest were fine or that they simply ran out of time.

all in all im just saying be happy that most of it is new and refreshing
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

"These zones are more streamlined, why did blizzard get lazy?"

I mean, really?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elwynn: Northshire vineyards are on fire and being raided by orcs
    Teldrassil: A big tall tree in the middle of the ocean, you go change that and then talk to me
    Dustwallow now has a huge highway straight to the barrens alliance base
    Silithus: Who goes to silithus anyway?, Ahn'Quiaj is now its own zone *shrug*
    Winterspring: Darkwhisper gorge is now part of hyjal
    I suggest you read up a bit more first.

well think about it. it took them 2 years to do the zones they have done till now, it would probably take them ½-1 year to do the rest 2. want a delayed expantion? i dont besides, i love elwynn forrest. i'm glad there wont be that many changes to it

Do you know how many quest there are in WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure all of the other cool stuff that Blizzard does, such as Blizzcon, more than makes up for neglecting to spice up a handful of Old World zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is why Elwynn Forest of all zones weren't remade. It was one of the first zones they ever created (the other being Westfall), and I think that was back in... '01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by yakuza2k View Post
    Do you know how many quest there are in WoW?
    That is no excuse. They should't have bothered if they didn't intend to do it right the first time.

They need to fully revamp these zones or go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a bad QQ thread. 1/10
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    What I don't understand is why Elwynn Forest of all zones weren't remade. It was one of the first zones they ever created (the other being Westfall), and I think that was back in... '01.
    They might have 12 million people playing their game, but I am starting to think they have lost their touch.
    It's okay though, because if they continue to feel its alright to be subpar and neglect things like this then competitors next year will benefit from the players that leave this game.

At least we have some decent games coming out in 2011.

Why do people always look for the negitive?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i think you should give them credit where it is due.

doing a revamp of the majority of old world is amazing. maybe they felt that some of those old quest were fine or that they simply ran out of time.

all in all im just saying be happy that most of it is new and refreshing
    Agreed. Also, a lot of those old quests weren't too bad. They really are doing double the work they have done for an expansion in the past, in Cata. Completely redoing most of the old world takes quite a bit of work, add to that the whole new zones + instances and such, Cata is huge.

Also, would you have them spend more time re-doing those zones? Are you willing to wait another month, so they can re-do the rest of the zones? It comes down to time constraints. They want the game out before x-mas

I think another thing to keep in mind is that you spend little time in the very first zones. How long does it take to hit level 5 or 10 and move on to the "second tier" zones? 2-3 hours at most, even for a brand new player. It's not really worth pouring hundreds of hours into completely rewriting these zones.
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Because I expect a AAA MMO company to not only meet expectations, but to also exceed them.

And because I am passionate about them making this expansion and the game at large the very best it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by aristocle View Post
    They might have 12 million people playing their game, but I am starting to think they have lost their touch.
    It's okay though, because if they continue to feel its alright to be subpar and neglect things like this then competitors next year will benefit from the players that leave this game.

At least we have some decent games coming out in 2011.
    You mean like Starwars: Old Republic? the same game that has been Fortold to "destroy" Wow, then there own CEO proclaimed that the game will never make money since they don't even think they will even get 1 million subscribers long enough to make a profit -_- and will probably shut down in a few years.

They'll be new to newer players.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is no excuse. They should't have bothered if they didn't intend to do it right the first time.

They need to fully revamp these zones or go home.
    There is no real need to do this, some of the quests are fine. They're also streamlining quests, which is a great update itself. They even stated way back that some zones wouldn't be effected as much as others. They may have some changes and the changes might not even be that significant. Just because they're doing a revamp of old world doesn't mean they're required to make all new quests in all old zones with the environment changed for them all as well.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    They'll be new to newer players.
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    To feel cool and unique, I am not in the beta but most of my ally toons were humans so I know elwyn and westfall pretty good and I. Am looking forward to seeing if your assesment is correct

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 03:48 PM ----------

Because I expect a AAA MMO company to not only meet expectations, but to also exceed them.

And because I am passionate about them making this expansion and the game at large the very best it can be.
    It still will be a AAA mmo and you will still buy the exp pack, they did their job imo lol