Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Westfall was actually changed drastically, it might not seem like it, but the quests are all completely different...most of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aristocle View Post
    Because I expect a AAA MMO company to not only meet expectations, but to also exceed them.

And because I am passionate about them making this expansion and the game at large the very best it can be.
    So...you wan't them to make the place you spend the least time in equitable to what exactly? Some zones got changed, cool, some didn't, also cool. I'd rather have their resources spent on more important things than elwynn forest.
    BfA Beta Time

They might have 12 million people playing their game, but I am starting to think they have lost their touch.
    It's okay though, because if they continue to feel its alright to be subpar and neglect things like this then competitors next year will benefit from the players that leave this game.

At least we have some decent games coming out in 2011.
    If you feel this game is that bad then why play it? After all by playing you're telling blizard you like the way the game is.

Personaly I prefer Blizzard spends more time in the 80 to 85 content. Since we'll all be spending a lot more time there that we do at the valley of trials or other starting areas.

Many quests did not need to be updated, nor did some of the zones need to be updated or only small changes if they did. They did not have to do a 100% complete revamp where they removed every old quest and added a new one in it's place. Going out and killing some bears or boars (which is what a lot of low level stuff is) does not need to be changed.

Why are they going out of their way to revamp so many zones and then leaving places like these mostly unchanged?

It doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    Why didn't they redo all the models and textures as well as revamp the game engine? The graphics are SO 1998. Blizzard is lazy.

Why didn't they rewrite the entire story. There's so many areas they've changed and updated, but they've left parts of it entirely untouched. Chris Metzen is so lazy!

Why didn't they recreate the MMO genre entirely? WoW is SO much like all other MMO's, with silly little improvements here and there. Man, they're SO lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    You mean like Starwars: Old Republic? the same game that has been Fortold to "destroy" Wow, then there own CEO proclaimed that the game will never make money since they don't even think they will even get 1 million subscribers long enough to make a profit -_- and will probably shut down in a few years.
    The WoW destroyer argument that some come out with is a tired cliche. I am in no way saying anything will ever kill WoW. I mean look EQ is still operational and thriving to this very day.

What I am saying is that they might bleed players who expect the very best from them, and why not right, and that stinks. ToR might still be something amazing, and end up even becoming 'another' big kid on the block eventually. It is a massive game with many options to have fun in it. It honestly is all up to them how they handle their game. If it flops then that might hit EA hard enough for its own stock value to sink dramatically.

WoW will always be around. Yet the competition is learning from Blizzard now. They aren't being arrogant anymore, but instead going as far as making dev courses on how to inovate and exceed what has been offered in the industry for years as the standard MMO. Rising above those prior elements that defined the MMO genre and moving to change that is something new and refreshing rather then games that make WoW clones and hope to succeed.

I am simply hoping to push the Dev Team and Blizzard to exceed their goals and work even harder to make the game far better then they had planned. I feel that every little detail helps in this process, and will ultimately help WoW to remain successful 5 years down the road. It will also allow WoW to be insurance if their new MMO doesn't succeed as well as they had hoped.

I don't get it. They wanted to make the game something new in the 1 to 60 content. They wanted it to be fresh and exciting, and it is in many zones. However, they have left some zones completely unchanged aside from a more streamlined version.

Hello Elwnyn Forest, Teldreassil, the Orc starting zone (1-5), Dustwallow Marsh, Sithilus,and Winterspring.

There might be more but these zones seem to sorely stick out. I honestly do not understand why the Deveoplers at Blizzard got so lazy about this. There are even quests in Ashenvale towards the end that are rehashed and seem unfinnished. Some of you might say, what are you talking about, and all that, but it is true that most of Elwynn for example is just the same thing but more streamlined.

Why are they going out of their way to revamp so many zones and then leaving places like these mostly unchanged?

Just because they're rehashing a lot of the zones doesn't mean they have to get rid of all of the content. A lot of quests in those areas are great and have decent Lore associated with them.

are you ppl kidding me? do you know how many quests were added in this expansion? over 3000, do you know how many where added in wrath of the lich king? a little over 1000, they busted their asses off to give us cataclysm, it is the largest expansion to a game in the history of mmo's
    not only did they rework how the entire 1-60 game plays out, they redid every zone from the original game, you think nothing has happened to Elwnyn Forest? look at the zone on live then on beta, while nothing is drastically differnt, everything has a fresh coat of paint, so to speak, the trees are better, the terrain better. the fact that because they didnt change a few quests along they way makes you feel it to be the greatest injustice in the world is baffling.
    fact is, you are all just whiny bitches.

Obvious troll is, judging by the qq in this thread, not particularly obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I expect a AAA MMO company to not only meet expectations, but to also exceed them.

And because I am passionate about them making this expansion and the game at large the very best it can be.
    I think every sane customer expects to get their money's worth so you're not alone in that regard.

However, you aren't really giving credit where its due: you're ranting about the things Blizzard COULD BE DOING to make the game better, yet you're not accrediting the areas they've already improved.

Perhaps you mean well and do enjoy the effort that has been made so far, but your current attitude is making you sound like a really spoilt person with unrealistic expectations. Not saying you are... Just saying that's how you come across.

Personally I'm not too fussed if a few low level zones aren't 100% shined-up. I will only be in those zones for a few hours before moving on anyway so it won't concern me beyond that.

Hello Elwnyn Forest, Teldreassil, the Orc starting zone (1-5), Dustwallow Marsh, Sithilus,and Winterspring.

There might be more but these zones seem to sorely stick out. I honestly do not understand why the Deveoplers at Blizzard got so lazy about this. There are even quests in Ashenvale towards the end that are rehashed and seem unfinnished. Some of you might say, what are you talking about, and all that, but it is true that most of Elwynn for example is just the same thing but more streamlined.

I think a little bit more respect is owed to the developers of WoW. But hey, just anybody can make the most successful MMO in history, right?
    They're everything but lazy, and I'm not a huge WoW player, but calling them so is just wrong.

also, all of the zones you mentioned have something in common - you spend relatively no time in those zones throughout WoW. You're in Elwynn (or a starting zone) for about what, 2 hours? sometimes even less.
    the lazy devlopers at Blizzard run on the logic that more energy and resources should be spent where the players spend the most time. And by keeping the starting zones how they are now, keeps the element of you're still playing the same game that you were last year, or four years ago.

nothing about a starting zone introducing you to a game has to be changed. Their is pretty much only one way to do it; and thats showing newbies the basics of how to play the game.
    Last edited by Neave; 2010-11-04 at 08:01 PM.

Its not like those zones are exactly how they were in live, they are still a lot more streamlined and updated to some degree. Big deal, 6 rareley visited zones arnt getting extreme super updates. Be happy Blizz did what they did. Heck Originally when they thought of cataclysm they were only going to update like 10 major zones and spend all resources on the new ones....instead they ended re-vamping almost all old-world so quite complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    They might have 12 million people playing their game, but I am starting to think they have lost their touch.
    It's okay though, because if they continue to feel its alright to be subpar and neglect things like this then competitors next year will benefit from the players that leave this game.

At least we have some decent games coming out in 2011.
    Lost their touch? What touch? If anything I believe their touch has improved. Vanilla was far more flawed and IMO far less engaging to play than Cata is looking to be, or WotLK ever was.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 07:59 PM ----------

They should't have bothered if they didn't intend to do it right the first time. They need to fully revamp these zones or go home.
    Just had to quote this because it's pure bullshit.
    I'd rather have half of the zones updated as opposed to none at all. Heck, any improvement is better than no improvement - to say "oh i want 100% otherwise scrap all other improvements" is so... strange. I wonder where your logic comes from.

It's like saying "the game's better than it was, (great!) but still not good enough, so it needs to be reverted back to being worse again - even though slightly better is still an improvement over nothing at all."

And do you know to design new content AND revamp the old zones? it's a big undertaking. Again, give them credit for how well they've managed given the workload. You're simply unreasonable and picky. Customers like you are always demanding constantly and never thanking.
    Last edited by Will; 2010-11-04 at 08:02 PM.

Hello Elwnyn Forest, Teldreassil, the Orc starting zone (1-5)
    hellohttp://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata#p/u/35/H_RgOOlnbA8(Elwyn forest) hellohttp://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata#p/u/51/U8CJvH99WH8 (Teldreassil) and durotar... hellohttp://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata#p/u/54/sFhqBtTp8_Y just some gifts.
    Last edited by Shinobi; 2010-11-04 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neave View Post
    I think a little bit more respect is owed to the developers of WoW. But hey, just anybody can make the most successful MMO in history, right?
    They're everything but lazy, and I'm not a huge WoW player, but calling them so is just wrong.

also, all of the zones you mentioned have something in common - you spend relatively no time in those zones throughout WoW. You're in Elwynn (or a starting zone) for about what, 2 hours? sometimes even less.
    the lazy devlopers at Blizzard run on the logic that more energy and resources should be spent where the players spend the most time. And by keeping the starting zones how they are now, keeps the element of you're still playing the same game that you were last year, or four years ago.

nothing about a starting zone introducing you to a game has to be changed. Their is pretty much only one way to do it; and thats showing newbies the basics of how to play the game.
    an excellent first post

reading those forums i cant really figure if all those posts are made by pesimistic ppl only focusing on negative things, even trying to turn cool stuff into something negative just to be able to qq about it, or its just trolls everywhere

yes, some of the zones, specially starting areas have a really small ammount of changes, why ? because if you level a character, the area where you are gonna spend the lower ammount of time to complete are those first 5 levels, and a small ammount of changes there is all you need to show things are changing.

looking forward to see posts in the future going like : OMG I HATE THE NEW THOUSAND NEEDLES, IT HAS BEEN CHANGED SO MUCH ITS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE , QQQQQQ

If Blizzard had all the time in the world then they would make everything new. But Blizzard is a company. You'll understand once you get a job (I am assuming you don't have one) that business works on a timetable. If cata is held back another year they would lose customers and it wouldn't be good for them. Remember, the expansion is from 80-85 for most of us. They needed to prioritise.

I don't get it. They wanted to make the game something new in the 1 to 60 content. They wanted it to be fresh and exciting, and it is in many zones. However, they have left some zones completely unchanged aside from a more streamlined version.

"People with no customer service experience are always the worst customers"

Yeah editing/making quests while doing a million other things to satisfy 12 million players is a bit hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    You mean like Starwars: Old Republic? the same game that has been Fortold to "destroy" Wow, then there own CEO proclaimed that the game will never make money since they don't even think they will even get 1 million subscribers long enough to make a profit -_- and will probably shut down in a few years.
    Really? I didn't know Bigpoint games was making SW:TOR. I thought it was Bioware/EA. And imagine that, a guy whose company exclusively makes free games says that subscription models will not make money.

Think, or research, before you speak:

Check out the interview at the link I can't post uk.pc.ign.com/articles/113/1132509p1 which then ends with html.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Obvious troll is, judging by the qq in this thread, not particularly obvious.
    ^ what he said.

What i am seeing for the last 6 or so months is that people are so bored with WoW right now and have to start the same forum threads over and over to give themselves something to do. Bring on the expansion already so people can stfu for a few months...lol