Question Can my new pc handle cata?

specs -

Processor - AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz 2MB Cache FSB 4000MHz HT

Mobo - ASUS M4N68T-M (nVida 7025 Video, PCI-E, 4xSATA2, 2xDDR3)

Gpu - BFG Nvidia geforce 9600 GT

RAM - 4GB (2GBx2) PC3 10666 DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Please respond (I tried to go overkill xD) Bought the above pc for 425$$$$$!!!!! <Minus the GPU and OS>
    Last edited by gnoma2345; 2010-11-04 at 08:39 PM.

You kinda overspent on the processor considering your ram and gpu, but uh yea that will run wow just fine. Just make sure you've got proper cooling going on, 9600's have a tendency to overheat at the drop of a hat from my experience.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    Short answer: Yes, you'll be fine.

Long answer: Yes, but exchange the three-year-old Nvidia card for an ATI HD 5-series card to get optimum performance. They're cheap due to being last generation, and perform really good.
    ...Or, if you really have to go with Nvidia, get a 200-series card. Not a fermi, never ever get a fermi. Still, as an ATI user, I strongly recommend the 5-series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an expert, but based on those specs, you should easily be able to run the game on high settings or higher with great framerate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

graphics card is maybe a bit on the low end, if you are running at full HD, but otherwise, no problem.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    Not a fermi, never ever get a fermi.
    False. The 460's are an entirely superior design to the original 465/470/480 and are very good cards.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 08:43 PM ----------

I Had the graphics card laying around in it's box and was on a budget so :P no harm no foul eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    False. The 460's are an entirely superior design to the original 465/470/480 and are very good cards.
    Agreed, it's a lot less terrible than the other Fermi cards - and in fact, a pretty good card. A 5830 will still give you a better tradeoff in performance per dollar.

I don't know what you two are talking about, but I have a GTX470 and it has been performing flawlessly since I bought it this past August.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had a friend of mine who works in the computer tech field look over the new changes Blizzard made. He told me they really didn't change anything from Wrath, except give people with better graphics cards the chance to enjoy a better visual feel to the game. Secondly, all the graphics updates were made in 4.0.1, so if your running the game fine now, then you're good for Cataclysm.
    Last edited by bethofwow; 2010-11-04 at 09:40 PM.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by gnoma2345 View Post
    specs -

Processor - AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz 2MB Cache FSB 4000MHz HT

Mobo - ASUS M4N68T-M (nVida 7025 Video, PCI-E, 4xSATA2, 2xDDR3)

Gpu - BFG Nvidia geforce 9600 GT

RAM - 4GB (2GBx2) PC3 10666 DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Please respond (I tried to go overkill xD) Bought the above pc for 425$$$$$!!!!! <Minus the GPU and OS>
    My PC has just around the same specs as you, maybe a weaker processor.

I run the game fine, I can have 60 fps (my maxium) and 200 latency (what I get in this area) on Ultra, I have to turn off the Shadows, or maybe just even lower them. With them on, my fps drops from 60 to ~20. :\

Other than that it's fine.