Thread: Throwdown stuns

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Throwdown stuns

Untrinketable 5 second stuns.... Balanced around bg's taken to a whole new level?

How do you people feel about these? (Arms Warrior stun, and felguard stun being both untrinketable, apparently intented).

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Untrinketable 5 second stuns.... Balanced around bg's taken to a whole new level?

How do you people feel about these? (Arms Warrior stun, and felguard stun being both untrinketable, apparently intented).
    Why would you trinket out of a 5 second stun?

people will probally complain/qq and get it nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    The stun can be removed with a trinket. What is "not trinketable" is the initial knockdown animation. This lasts about 2 seconds. This is how it was last time I heard anything about it.

as if every class in the game right now didn't have an overpowered ability
    oh wait
    OT:i believe it does balance due to the fact warriors never really had a stun before exept with charges but you needed to be a certain range, unlike many other classes with stuns. Yes, it is untrinketable but what do you think a warrior would do in 5 seconds anyway? Don't really have much burst

Just a case of waiting to see what the betas see or until we have a decent chunk of 85s kicking around...

For now i really dont mind it at all, i think warriors did need another stun considering all other classes new tools for survival. The felguard having it does make me a bit worried, i can see demonology being really hard to counter if played with a bit of skill amongst a few other players in a bg. Just wait and see. For now it makes sense to be, i mean they got rid of relentless assault, thats a majour nerf.

Perhaps blizzard had to address the problem that the only toe to toe cc warriors had was disarm and shield bash (which requires a cast untalented) so they've given them a stun in arms so they can be part of a few people in bgs focussing one player down... which is what bgs is really all about... you might have rogues and dks dotted around other dps but you need to bring down healers asap. and in order to do that you need to control them if we're going to have big health pools.

Are people actually reading my post?

Its about the fact that these "Throwndown stuns" cannot be trinketed! Not about the fact that Warriors have a stun, but the fact that when you trinket it, you remain stunned.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heatersgonnaheat View Post
    Don't really have much burst
    Hahaha best.

Meh, classes should have things capable of mitigating a throwdown stun. Cant really think of one without any mitigation, except shammies, and thats if the warrior has his charge/intercept off cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

These stuns are needed to kill healer teams in battlegrounds.

Stuns are fine, unbreakable CC is not. Imagine what would happen if Deathcoil was completely unbreakable. Or if you couldnt trinket Cyclone.

Warriors already have charge, intercept, concussive blow if they stance dance, and intimidating shout (which can either stun or fear you, remember.) On top of that they have hamstring to keep you in range, and Bladestorm to keep you from CCing them. The last thing they need is a way to keep you completely vulnerable with no way of breaking it. And thats what throwdown gives them. If they want an extra stun, fine they can have one. But they should not have a stun that cannot be broken in any way. Every other form of CC in the game that players have access to can be trinketed. Throwdown should be no different.

And to clear it up, yes you can *use* the trinket, but you cant do anything until the character gets back up, which is about three to five seconds. Five seconds of not being able to blow any defensive cooldowns while caught in a bladestorm? Thats gonna be bad even with healers.

the knockdown lasts 2 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    And to clear it up, yes you can *use* the trinket, but you cant do anything until the character gets back up, which is about three to five seconds. Five seconds of not being able to blow any defensive cooldowns while caught in a bladestorm? Thats gonna be bad even with healers.
    The stun lasts 5 seconds. As I said earlier, the knockdown is what prevents trinketing. The knockdown does not last as long as the stun, stop exaggerating just to prove a point. The knockdown lasts, at most, 2.5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    concussive blow if they stance dance
    Its a prot talent, arms/fury cant get to it. On top of which, other abilities are fairly situational. Intercept needs to be stance danced in arms. Charge needs stanc dancing in in fury, and thats only out of combat, charge is useless to a fury in combat. Granted, Blitz and Juggernaut do add to the usefulness of charge. Bladestorm also can be disarmed.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

oh alright i'll be more specific... you cant trinket silences... so whats the big deal? and like a few have said, only the 2 sec knock down is untrinketable...

also intimidating shout isnt a stun. nosoup4crr

it just makes the person its cast on stand still, any damage removes the fear.

Quote Originally Posted by fabjaw View Post
    nosoup4crr
    was not me who said it.

you cant trinket silences... so whats the big deal?
    Silence however, is dispellable and still allows your character to move(And in druids case, shift forms, shamans can drop totems).

With these new throwdown stuns we are talking about CC that cannot be removed in any way.

EDIT: Even if it lasts just 2.5 secs, its 2.5 secs too long. Anyone that plays pvp instead of pve and has a 3 digit IQ should be able to see how imbalanced a unremovable CC that rends you unable to do anything but does not break on damage is.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2010-11-05 at 11:57 AM.

Warriors are the best melee out there, and they will continue to be. Everything they apply to the target (DoTs, Hamstring, Mortal Strike, Fear) is physical thus undispellable thus better than other classes' respective abilities. They have best armor, and at the same time best damage output, and best burst. (Btw what is the reason rogue has leather armor, warrior has plate, and damage is equal in the best case?)

Even HoJ-like stun would be OP for arms. Undispellable stun is even more OP. Undispellable stun + Knockdown for 2.5 sec is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Why would you trinket out of a 5 second stun?
    In case you're serious, thousands of people trinket out of death coil, intercept, shadowfury, cheap shot, third sheep etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post

In case you're serious, thousands of people trinket out of death coil, intercept, shadowfury, cheap shot, third sheep etc.
    Why on earth would you trinket a death coil or shadowfury? Hell, a third sheep? Really? 10-5-2.5 and you trinket the 2.5?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Why on earth would you trinket a death coil or shadowfury? Hell, a third sheep? Really? 10-5-2.5 and you trinket the 2.5?
    Things are very quick in WotLK. You can either choose to trinket coil and use vanish/CoS, or just die in it, if your healer isn't overhealing you, you're for example LoSing him or he's in a third sheep without trinket

Trinketing shadowfury is a good offensive move in 1v1, you can suddenly land a full CS or vanish incoming coil.