Thread: Throwdown stuns

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    No they didn't, atleast not in a all out fight.
    I wrote they had a chance not they destroyed frost mages

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I heard that thing called Diminishing Returns fixed all these things. Oh wait, that's right, it did.
    Since when does Frostbolt snare and Frost nova have Diminishing returns , enlighten me because they DONT, there is no such thing as DR on Snare >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
    Its obvious he was exaggerating from the beginning. "60% of players are frost mages".
    Have u played battlegrounds in beta ?

More than half of team are frost mages and battlegrounds are unplayable because of them , they are like rets of 3.0.2 patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    That´s quite ironic. Warrior DMG is off the charts atm in PvP, they already had several stuns with the chrages, personally I don´t think they needed this but hopefully it will be balanced at 85.
    Want to QQ more? Warriors are actually unbalanced compared to any caster right now cause caster can shoot instant spells for a rediculous amount at a 40 yard range, talk about OP right? Stop complaining and deal with it. Its also about time warriors get some love.

Throwdown was absolutely needed. We have finally been given a replacement for concussion blow that has been missing since TBC. I understand that most people seem overwhelmed by it now, but its going to be different at lvl 85. Now, its something that along with improved hamstring and a bit of luck and skill allows a warrior to win in a duel fight against a frost mage or any other class. Sure, if they manage to stay away then you still cant do much except for getting bursted, but if you manage to catch him without blink and throw him down, his only option will be to iceblock.

And yeah this game is not centered around dueling but its nice that we finally have a chance in that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Warriors are the best melee out there, and they will continue to be. Everything they apply to the target (DoTs, Hamstring, Mortal Strike, Fear) is physical thus undispellable thus better than other classes' respective abilities. They have best armor, and at the same time best damage output, and best burst. (Btw what is the reason rogue has leather armor, warrior has plate, and damage is equal in the best case?)

Even HoJ-like stun would be OP for arms. Undispellable stun is even more OP. Undispellable stun + Knockdown for 2.5 sec is fucking stupid.

In case you're serious, thousands of people trinket out of death coil, intercept, shadowfury, cheap shot, third sheep etc.
    Get a clue.

The best armour class is arguably DK, as they can just switch presence without even having to equip a shield.
    Having all physical effects and damage is a tradeoff, it means you suffer badly against high armour targets, but also get undispellable debuffs.
    BUrst and damage is also open for debate, especially considering the numbers aren't final.
    "The truth, my goal."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

Since when does Frostbolt snare and Frost nova have Diminishing returns , enlighten me because they DONT, there is no such thing as DR on Snare >.>
    Frost Nova is a root not a snare, which shares DR with Imp CoC and Freeze in the mage arsenal and a ton of other roots as well. They changed how snares work a long time ago also. You can no longer stack snares on someone to have multiple ones running. Now, only the strongest snare applies and others won't apply till it wears off. In closing, all roots are on DR and you can only have 1 active snare on you at a time until it falls off.
    BfA Beta Time

cheapshoot - kidney you trinket the kidney
    trowdown - 3sec stun you trinket the stun
    Where is the difference ?

Everyone who can spamm cc have untrinketable cc in practise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partipooper View Post
    cheapshoot - kidney you trinket the kidney
    trowdown - 3sec stun you trinket the stun
    Where is the difference ?

Everyone who can spamm cc have untrinketable cc in practise.
    Well, they DID put kidney and cheap shot on the same DR with the last patch, so which one to trinket isn't as clear when used in succession. If it's just a Kidney used on you with no DR, then yeah, you better trinket that shit.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Get a clue.

The best armour class is arguably DK, as they can just switch presence without even having to equip a shield.
    Having all physical effects and damage is a tradeoff, it means you suffer badly against high armour targets, but also get undispellable debuffs.
    BUrst and damage is also open for debate, especially considering the numbers aren't final.
    Well, I'm not in the beta, so my words are largely based on my WotLK experience. DK + healer teams lose to Warrior + healer, simply because of MS. Only chance DK has is crazy burst with pet stun, pet explosion and strangulate. If he fails, he has to wait for cds for next burst.

Warrior just zergs down everything he sees, and ArP resolved any problems with high armor.

Anyway, I played for the most part (~12 k games) as a rogue, and both these classes are largely superior to the rogue

Well, they didn't have a chance either. A sub Rogue using prep, stands no chance against a frostmage using images elemental and coldsnap (While it is even arguable he needs the coldsnap).

swizzle sap is not always a bad time to use your trinket when your a death knight, you can catch most rogues popping a IBF straight after trinket because if you are versing a rogue at the moment you break that sap they laugh at you and think your a noob then you paint their faces while being immune to stuns for 10 seconds

Silence however, is dispellable and still allows your character to move(And in druids case, shift forms, shamans can drop totems).

With these new throwdown stuns we are talking about CC that cannot be removed in any way.

EDIT: Even if it lasts just 2.5 secs, its 2.5 secs too long. Anyone that plays pvp instead of pve and has a 3 digit IQ should be able to see how imbalanced a unremovable CC that rends you unable to do anything but does not break on damage is.
    I thought what "we are talking about" was a 2 second knockdown that hunter pets have had since wotlk... hint: has four legs, rhymes with Savager? (if thats a word)

What exactly is so OP about a warrior getting an ex pack old hunter pet ability again?

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 01:27 AM ----------

Thing is, Rogue stuns can be removed by trinketing .
    And so can throwdown. Im starting to think you're just too dumb to read replies to your thread, even though to snap at people to read your OP.
    amg no sig?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    swizzle sap is not always a bad time to use your trinket when your a death knight, you can catch most rogues popping a IBF straight after trinket because if you are versing a rogue at the moment you break that sap they laugh at you and think your a noob then you paint their faces while being immune to stuns for 10 seconds
    Well, this was all well and good before 4.0.1 (though it really wasn't since CloS+vanish meant that you're open to sap with your trinket and CD down), but it's terrible post 4.0.1 since a Sub rogue will spend their first 5 combo points on Recup before moving into a stun lock.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by heatersgonnaheat View Post
    as if every class in the game right now didn't have an overpowered ability
    oh wait
    OT:i believe it does balance due to the fact warriors never really had a stun before exept with charges but you needed to be a certain range, unlike many other classes with stuns. Yes, it is untrinketable but what do you think a warrior would do in 5 seconds anyway? Don't really have much burst
    lol, not much burst? I've been hit for close to 19k in a global vs a warrior while wearing full wrathful.

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 12:59 PM ----------

the reason people feel throwdown isn't balanced is because you don't wait through half a cc to use a trinket, you anticipate and counter the ability within the first .5 seconds of its use. You don't sit there for 2.5 seconds of stun and then say, ok i'll trinket now. Think about this if you're a rogue, you trinket immediately and then the warrior walks behind you and bashes you for 16k damage cause you can't dodge, disarm, do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Why would you trinket out of a 5 second stun?
    What he said..
    In cata you won't die in 5 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleduck View Post
    What he said..
    In cata you won't die in 5 seconds
    Unless you're really low on health and could trinket to avoid damage that would otherwise kill you.

What kind of slowpoke are you that when you get feared you berserker rage so late that you are allready miles away from the Spriest so he can actually cast mindflay?
    When your feared you magically get a 25% speed boost (i may be mistaken with the number, but a speed boost anyways). If there is any lag coupled with reaction time, you could easily be 15-20 yards away.