New deserter bug?

So I was in Isle of Conquest when I was disconnected and, upon relogging a minute later discovered I'd been removed and provided the 15 minute deserter debuff. Well, I know they're probably still working on that.

15 minutes later, the debuff is gone so I queue for another round. 2 minutes later (yay fast queues) it pops, I click to enter, and after the loading screen I again find myself in Dalaran with a new 15 minute debuff -- and in the chat log, the message "You are now Away: Away" even though I'd not been flagged afk nor had I been inactive to where it might have coincided with the queue entry.

Anyone else having any issue like this? 10 minutes to go on this debuff and I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again... Vindication-US battlegroup, btw.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone here works for Blizzard.

I suggest you to open a ticket or call Blizzard for support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    There's another bug I think that if you leave the BG whilst dead (ie a ghost) you dont get the deserter debuff. It works like 80% of the time.
    I havn't tried it much myself, and tbh I just heard it from a friend, but does this thing still exist?

@ Kables - Please let me know where I asked for Blizzard technical support, or for someone to check the game server logs to determine what caused the issue, as I can't seem to find it in my post. To my knowledge, the forum is a decent place to discuss game mechanics, questions, advice, and issues. If the issue persisted, I'd be putting in a ticket, but with idle time to watch wither away on that debuff I figured I'd put in a visit and comment on it on the forum.

@ PJfry - Haven't seen that, but I'm one of the stubborn ones who sticks through a BG, win or lose, to the end.

Also, as a followup, this issue didn't repeat when I requeued after the 2nd 15 minute debuff.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic