10+ Year Old Account

Spirit Beasts Hunting

SO I've been trying to track down one of these glowing furballs and am having no luck. If anyone can suggest a good addon or method of getting one (preferabbly Gondria, but any will do) I would much appreciate it.

SilverDragon or NPC Scan will alert you when you're nearby any rare mob. Not specific to spirit beasts, but useful all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    NPCscan will aid you infinitely. it is how i found and tamed skoll when he finally spawned. you input the code of the mob you wanna find, and as you fly around above or run around near where it spawns, it will alert you to its presence.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Deleted
    They are supposed to be killed not tamed damn hunters!!!!!1one!

Been hunting it for 5 months now and still no luck and every day I see some hunter using it as pet

NPC_Scan w/NPC_Scan Overlay are the two best mods in the game for hunting rares. Honestly, I can't think of anything better.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what are the Spirit Beasts Hunting?

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I found already 2x loque on 2 different hunter chars and 2 different realms. and 1x gondria on my main.
    How to do it:
    - downlaod all those named addons, silver dragon, NPc scan, rare spawn addons....etc etc etc
    - simply farm like crazy. When I was hunting loque I was farming ore or herbs on one char for some days. I remember 1+ week for 6h/day. minimum. At first loque I had luck coz one friend for guild helped me and right after I tamed loque he instantly teleported via engineering wormhole near zul'drak and he found gondria. I just flew there and I got 2 beasts in few minutes.
    SEcond loque I was farming alone for about 2 weeks and one day just spawned and I took it fast before everyone noticed there.
    Most important factors while hunting those nice beasts:
    luck 99%
    devotion 1%

GL

Deleted
    After two weeks of constantly looking for it, I finally managed to find and tame Skoll last night. I din't use any of thos addons, but that macro:

/tar Skoll
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Illidan\\BLACK_Illidan_04.wav")

i have all 4 spirit beasts on my main hunter and the advice i would give is download NPCSCAN and take up a gathering profession and fly around The spawn points that way you can make some g while you are waiting for a spawn to happen. I also noticed they seemed to spawn for me past the half hour instead of on the hour i dont know weither thats intended. For skoll and arturis the best time to get them is in the early hours especially for skoll cause those damn TLPD hunters keep killing him out of boredom.
    Any way gl and happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    After two weeks of constantly looking for it, I finally managed to find and tame Skoll last night. I din't use any of thos addons, but that macro:

/tar Skoll
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Illidan\\BLACK_Illidan_04.wav")
    The macro is quick and easy, no messing with addons needed. The only drawbacks are that you have to constantly be hitting the macro button, and it will only go off if you are within targeting range (which is admittedly pretty large).

I have Loque'Nahak and Skoll myself, got them both the old fashioned way of spending lots and lots of time checking each spawn point, flying in circles. Skoll is MUCH easier since he only has 3 spawn points.

That's my best advice really, know all the spawn points, and at the very least have track beasts on (and nothing else preferably, so there's no confusion). Then just be patient and keep checking. There's lots of talk about spawn timers, ignore all that, it's all contradictory and unproven. I think Gondria only has 4-5 spawn points, and a couple of them are in areas with virtually no other beasts, so that yellow dot on your map should stand out nicely.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

After 3 days of searching, about 1-2 hours of searching a day, I finally was able to tame two spirit beasts today. 30 minutes ago I tamed Skoll at 27.5,50, then after Skoll I flew over to ZulDrak to finish my route and found Gondria at 69.5,49.6. Very lucky today.

By far the easiest pet to tame is the bear in Grizzly Hills. Only one spawn point.