Thread: Icc10 pp hm

Icc10 pp hm

Ok i had someone tell me THEIR strat for PP hm they did in a pug, which was all ranged and healers stack on one another, allowing unbound plague to repeatedly jump constantly. can anyone confirm that this could work?

This strat does indeed work, to a certain extent. People may or may not take one tick from the disease, but since it's jumping nearly every second, it barely has time to tick most of the time. The only problem is that your ranged group would have to move as one unit, and nobody get separated. Understandably, you won't want the Orange Gas target to stand in the group, but depending on your DPS, etc., etc., you probably won't have a Gas mob until Phase transition anyway.

But yes, it does work. I myself used this strat in my Guild, mostly because we had a very Melee-heavy group, and spreading out for the disease was impossible anyway.
    Last edited by Chepeshot; 2010-11-05 at 08:34 AM. Reason: I speel gud.
    You are proof that reincarnation does indeed exist.
    Nobody could become this stupid in just one lifetime.

Signature courtesy of the awesome Zil. Thanks a ton!

Deleted
    I have seen this too, it actually does work but I think its not needed. In 10man there is plenty of room really and our 10man has always been full ranged setup so we always found it easier to spread and deal with it the normal way.

I suppose this could help some melee heavy (melee only?) groups but you would be insane to do ICC like that.

the only flaw i really see is that green ooze targeting someone, but we have 3 ranged, 3 healers, 2 melee as our setup obviously with 2 tanks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I suppose this could help some melee heavy (melee only?) groups but you would be insane to do ICC like that.
    Yeah my Raid Team is pretty Melee heavy; Fury Warrior, Kitty Druid, Frost DK, BM Hunter, Enh Shamz, and Rogue (Myself). Tanks are a Warrior and DK, and healers were a Holy Pally and Resto Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkdude101 View Post
    the only flaw i really see is that green ooze targeting someone, but we have 3 ranged, 3 healers, 2 melee as our setup obviously with 2 tanks as well.
    Not a flaw unless you let it be one. Just simply DPS it with the ranged group, and have the Melee DPS group up with you. The explosion from the Green Slime is shared damage, so the more people it hits, the better.
    Last edited by Chepeshot; 2010-11-05 at 08:46 AM. Reason: I forgot the Shammy, derp.

no like, because of knockback, it gives plague chance to tick and 1 shot?

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 08:51 AM ----------

also, do you do Saurfang hardmode..? with that much of a melee heavy group?

little OT from me, drop one healer 3 healing PP is overkill.

as for plague, it may work but if you let it tick you are toast and normal way is not that hard, and at least there is no rng with green slime pushback or orange slime target etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    little OT from me, drop one healer 3 healing PP is overkill.

as for plague, it may work but if you let it tick you are toast and normal way is not that hard, and at least there is no rng with green slime pushback or orange slime target etc
    Tbh, dps isn't a concern in the fight at all and imo taking 3 healers incase of one dying etc...makes it easier for a kill than the extra dps, but that's just imo.

Stacking does work, done it with and without, with a competent group i think it's easier to pass it around as like others have mentioned the risk of a tick or two on a person will kill them. But if your rdps and healers aren't top notch stacking is easier just things beyond your control can f it up.

1st response: It's a matter of stacking properly, and that's a different bucket-o-chicken. But basically, if everyone stacks properly, they all get knocked to the same place, and spreading the disease further isn't an issue.

2nd: Yeah we did HM Saurfang. With a Warrior and DK tank, DK would Chains of Ice one, Warrior would Shockwave stun the other. I would take over the Shockwave target, and before both stuns had expired, the mob would be dead. BM Hunter was super pro at doing his traps, and with help from Melee, it died fast as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why my guild does is rather simple. It's the responsibility of the person infected to pass to someone after 10sec. The call out on vent that they have it, and call out to whom they are giving it. We make a jokes about std's all along the way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my guild just marks five people and whoever gets plague give it to a person in a set marked rotation.

Deleted
    With the new raid setup box as raid leader/assistant, you can put down flares (5 different colour) anywhere within 100 yards and they last about 5 mins.

Put 1 in the middle, get your ranged (we had 4) to stand in a line facing the green ooze. First one picks it up, second comes to flare, first moves away. Now second has the plague. third moves in, second moves away - now third has plague etc.

Deleted
    On 10 man it's just easier to spread and pass it around. It's nothing difficult so you shouldn't have any kinds of issues with it.

Deleted

We used to do saurfang with just me (moonkin) as ranged dps. I blew one up really fast (shockwave on it, typhoon to knock it back) other was stunlock-killed by the melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can also use a mod to make it stupid easy. Search curse for "Putricide Plague". We found this one works the best. It marks a target with the star and starts notifying you 5 seconds in advance and when you need to touch this person. The mod picks the person closest to you that doesn't have the debuff already.

We used to have someone manage it over vent and this completely eliminated this need.