Bio - Khorianas Dawnseeker

Name: Khorianas Dawnseeker
    Race:Sin’dorei
    Class: Paladin / “old” Bloodknight

Languages: Thalassian, Orcish, Common, broken Dalassian

Personality
    : Calm and introverted when fist encountered by someone,
    but an honest friend if you get his trust, in general he is honorable and polite but he can snap under certain circumstances and get very hurtful or even dangerous.
    He is quite straightforward and for a Bloodelf he doesn’t care much about etiquette, just as much as needed. He also has come to the conclusion that for the survival of the Sin'dorei the end justifies the means.

Likes/Dislikes:

Likes: Good Food and Drink, his people, things that imply growth/life(children, blossoming plants, sunrises),
    the wilderness, animals, forging good Weapons/Armor and also the taste of blood and fighting fiercely,
    the last two he would never really admit openly

Dislikes: The Scourge, High Elves, treason, arrogance (even if he is himself sometimes) the harming of innocents, carelessness, any threat to or remark made against bloodelves
    ((The confrontation with those things can calm him or enrage him, explanation follows))

Appearance: For a bloodelf he is unusually bulky, he has very strong developed muscles on his back and shoulders and he has very untypical for his race a little belly. He wears his dark red hair short and as much of a beard as an elf can grow. He doesn’t wear any jewelry, but he does have a tattoo of a phoenix that is crying blood all over his upper back. The right half of his face is nearly covered by a huge scar that was obviously severely infected once, the skin kept a slightly red color and gets even a bit black, like a blood poisoning near the eye socket. To cover up his lost eye he either wears a leather eye-patch or a black strip of cloth over his eye bound behind his head. When armored he wears a blackened chain mail which is enforced with some lightweight deep red armor plates on his upper body. He wears leather pants which are covered by very delicate chainmail, that does not offer much protection so if he is preparing for a battle he protects his thighs with 2 additional heavy crimson armor plates on each leg. He wears massive plate boots, which are adorned with the bloodknight falcon heraldry on the kneepads. If he doesn’t wear the heavy version of the armor he often wears a black kilt that goes down right to his ankles, which is then held by a red sash. His bastard sword is sheathed on his back, and he always wears his hunting knife in a sheath bound to the backside of his belt.

Since he values his weapons highly I'll add images here:

A hunting knife, gifted by his father, always with him in a sheath on the back of his belt:

A spear, his personally forged version of the Blood forged Ranseur, with him when armed heavily or mounted:

A bastard sword, his favored weapon in close quarter combat, sheath on his back:

Strengths: able warrior, familiar with many weapons, devoted to his heritage/people, retained some of his tracking skills, has good sense of smell and hearing
    Weaknesses: his ill temper/strange state of mind, blind right eye, and he is not able to focus his energies into healing without causing great strain and/or pain.

History

Khorianas was born as the son of an elfish stonemason and an elfish priestess about 200 ago.
    Even in his early childhood he spent most of his time in the wilderness as far as he was allowed to go, together with his younger brother Kayrion. He was supposed to follow in the footsteps of his father and become a stonemason but after some years of training, he convinced his parents to let his brother and him join the Farstriders.

During their training, Khorianas’ brother excelled in marksmanship and tactics, while he was an excellent scout and had a very good connection to the animals of the wild. When they were appointed Rangers of Quel’thalas they were gifted with simple but masterfully crafted hunting knives by their father. This knife is to the day Khorianas’ most valued possession. When the Third War came they fought to defend Quel’thalas but they failed. Khorianas lost his right eye in the last defense line in the wilds. When he saw his brother die, he lost his focus and took a blow to his face, which caused his huge scar and said loss. He was pulled back by a fellow ranger and was hidden in a little burrow the Farstriders used to hide supplies. He had some rations to endure some days, but without medical supplies his scar got severely infected and never healed properly. After he regained some of his strength he was able to sneak past the scourge with his excellent tracking skills and very good luck. When he returned to the heavily damaged town of Silvermoon he realized that he lost everything he got. But he mustered all his strength and tried to help his people as much as he could. His family died for the Sin’dorei so he had to devote his life to them.
    Some may say he handled this fate very well, but the truth is he did not handle it at all, that is one of the reasons why till today these feelings sometimes surface violently.

To continue his families’ service to the Sin’dorei and House Sunstrider, Khorianas took up his father work to help rebuild. He then served the crown prince during his conquest under Field-Marshall Garithos’ command. He joined the forces into Outland together with Lady Vashj and the Naga.
    After the Conquest of Karabor and the Tempest Keep, he worked in the Netherstorm doing the stonemasonry for the manaforges. One day while he was working on the ornaments inside a manaforge, somebody accidentally activated the forge. He was struck by the power of a ley line and fainted immediately.
    While in the center of a leyline his mind touched the mind of a being that has a very strong bond to the twisting nether: a Tothrezim. These hardly known demons are the Burning Legions scouts and craftsmen. Khorianas gained some insight in the Tothrezims knowledge but also his demonic corruption and desires.
    Since this happened in split seconds, he only remembered visions of a defiled world filled with the noises of forges and full of strange beings, and his sight meeting the eyes of one of them. After he woke up, he did not remember any details just a haze of what happend, so he told nobody. After this accident he got a somewhat natural understanding of the technologies of the manaforges, and in manipulating the ley lines.
    His superior sent word of that to the Bloodknights in Silvermoon and suggested he should undertake the training of the order, even if he was a Farstrider and had just a very weak claim to his House.

He got back to Silvermoon with some of the Pilgrims and a delivery of the charged demonic crystals from Outland.
    He had a hard time to get through the first battle trials of the Bloodknight tutoring, but with the help of the demons instincts and his own skills he got into adept rank, and was allowed to syphon M’uru.
    After what happened it was easy to him, to use demonic magic to draw M’urus essence but he didn’t know why.
    Since he adopted some of the demons craftsmanship it was also easy for him to forge the blood-tempered weapon that was demanded from every aspirant. After this he finally got the respect of his fellow knights even if he was a Farstrider once.
    In Service of the order he helped to drive the scource out of the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands.
    He fought against the scourge every free minute he had. He told himself it was to help his people, but really he longed to avenge his families’ death and to satisfy his new demonic bloodlust. Due to that he enjoyed slaughtering the scourge with not more that a pair of boots, a set of chainmail pants and a Sword. Every drop of blood he shed, he thought was shed for Quel’thalas, it soothed the feeling inside himself that he had not given enough to save his homeland, and more often then not the blood he shed for this sensation and to satisfy the demons needs was also his own.
    That time he had an orc tattoo a phoenix on his severely scared back, a dedication of pain and a commitment to his people, a fitting tribute.

The day he should realize that he changed in more ways than he understood was the day he encountered some high elven rangers in the plaguelands. It was his first encounter with them since they left. They were young and he told them what he thought of them, the traitors, leaving their own people to die. He spew out all his hatred towards them but they simply didn’t care, they said it was all the blood elves fault to join Illidan in Outland, and that they deserved everything they got. This provocation hit his nerve and the demon instincts took full control for the first time. When he regained consciousness the Quel’dorei where dead, gruesomely slaughtered. He looked at the blood on his hands with both disgust and satisfaction. When he looked at the whole scene, the sight reminded him of the battlefields In the Third War, and his stomach turned. He massacred them like the scourge would, and he enjoyed it. From that moment he realized that he had gotten more and more savage traits, he was hungry most of the time, he ate and drank a lot, he surrounded himself with magic or even demonic artifacts, every beautiful woman he saw pass, made him think what he would do to her in bed, and he could not connect to the animals in the wilderness anymore, they sensed that something was wrong with him long before he did.

In his struggle to get insight into his state, he first tried to ask advice from the warlocks of Silvermoon since he felt that something demonic was involved. But since the species of his tormentor is not very well known he had no success.
    He then tried to find a different source of knowledge about demons and he tried to find an answer with help of the orcish warlocks. They could not answer his question either but they pointed him to the veteran warriors that once drank Mannoroths blood, since the description of his state was quite similar to their suffering. He found similarities to the state so he was finally sure that there was a demonic influence, but since he did not drink any demon blood he still wasn’t able to explain his true state. But in listening to the orcs stories, sitting by their campfires, he got a deep respect for this noble and savage race that shared his passion for the wilderness and the beauty of the world. The real insight he got was that he wasn’t allowed to let himself go in battle, then his demons would take control. That was a thing every warrior had to master whether he was possessed or not.
    He feared giving in to the being that haunted his soul, so he stopped fighting scourge and began to train the bloodknight aspirants. He was somewhat satisfied since he could tutor his peoples’ future while containing his evil.
    But his peace did not last for long.

When his beloved prince Kael’thas stole M’uru to summon Kil’jaeden, his first impulse was to immediately journey to the Isle of Quel’danas and slay everybody that took this dark path. But he then realized that he may even be walking this path himself, and he did not know what to do. But then it was revealed to his order that M’uru was giving his essence freely to help the Sin’dorei. With this sacrifice in mind Khorianas was able to venture to Quel’danas and fight the legions without completely loosing control. He still was fighting mercilessly and cruel but against the demons that made him do this it seemed fitting. He did not take part in the last conquests since he was afraid the demons might take control of him, if he was confronted with their mightiest.
    Then when the sunwell was reignited, Khorianas felt M’urus presence shine one last glorious time in his heart and then he felt again the warmth of the sunwell.
    This achievement somewhat brought peace to him, but the energies of the sunwell and the demon with whom he shared his mind briefly still fight inside him and either one may take control of him.
    He very well knows that so he still searches a cure for his “illness” while serving his order and the people for whom he would give his life.

((The bio ends pre wrath since most important things are said, if you would like I could write the rest, up to the shattering))
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-01-21 at 11:01 AM. Reason: updated weapons, once again :)

I like it seems nice. But you'll probably gonna need a more better reviewer :P Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty solid bio imo, well written and the story is interesting, especially the part about "his bloodlust". Its a very interesting character that I would love to see in an RP.

Interesting character indeed! I like the idea of a blood elf with what seems to be a fury similar to the orc's. Could mean a curious twist to any story.

I personally think it's great (Better than mine :P), but, as Rival says above me, i think you need feedback from someone with a bit more experience.

Hope to see you RPing!

-Doomchem

An interesting Biography. I have to admit, I don't like the first person narrator, but that is just me.

Now, onto criticism :

I would personally like to know how he got back to the prince and his forces after the battle in which he lost his eye. How did this wound affect him? was it trivial? And how about the emotional trauma of losing everything you hold dear? Add some details here.

You say that he was accepted to the ranks of the blood knights - clarify a bit about his training please.

When you say he fights against the scourge, I assume this is on Azeroth; how did he get here? Why, when, with whom, to fight whom, what was his part in this battle? As a subordinate to the prince, in icecrown or what? Again, clarification is needed.

As Vadoor said, the bloodlust is an interesting concept and I find it very good. Well thought.

So... the bloodlust is still present, but he has taken control of it? Or what? Clarify and add a bit here, explain what happened with the orcs please. Seems a bit rushed.

There, my thoughts. Do not think I am saying it's bad, not at all. If anything it's good enough for me to have taken the time to want to make it better!

Good luck, and I hope I will have the chance to RP with you.

Quote Originally Posted by End'ghao View Post
    An interesting Biography. I have to admit, I don't like the first person narrator, but that is just me.

Now, onto criticism :

I would personally like to know how he got back to the prince and his forces after the battle in which he lost his eye. How did this wound affect him? was it trivial? And how about the emotional trauma of losing everything you hold dear? Add some details here.

You say that he was accepted to the ranks of the blood knights - clarify a bit about his training please.

When you say he fights against the scourge, I assume this is on Azeroth; how did he get here? Why, when, with whom, to fight whom, what was his part in this battle? As a subordinate to the prince, in icecrown or what? Again, clarification is needed.

As Vadoor said, the bloodlust is an interesting concept and I find it very good. Well thought.

So... the bloodlust is still present, but he has taken control of it? Or what? Clarify and add a bit here, explain what happened with the orcs please. Seems a bit rushed.

There, my thoughts. Do not think I am saying it's bad, not at all. If anything it's good enough for me to have taken the time to want to make it better!

Good luck, and I hope I will have the chance to RP with you.
    Thanks for pointing the missing explanation/motivations out, I had most of them in mind while writing the story but to myself it didn't occur that i would have to explain them.

I will update the Bio accordingly.

Edit: I came to the conclusion that I will have to share lots of Meta Infos the Character himself does not know, so I will update the whole Bio to a third person narrative, it is not because of your comment End'ghao, I didn't really like the narrative either in the end but i was to lazy to edit the whole thing; never the less I will so now; but the Update may take some time.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2010-11-09 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Thanks for pointing the missing explanation/motivations out, I had most of them in mind while writing the story but to myself it didn't occur that i would have to explain them.

I will update the Bio accordingly.

Edit: I came to the conclusion that I will have to share lots of Meta Infos the Character himself does not know, so I will update the whole Bio to a third person narrative, it is not because of your comment End'ghao, I didn't really like the narrative either in the end but i was to lazy to edit the whole thing; never the less I will so now; but the Update may take some time.
    As soon as I see an update, I'll come back to offer my views.

Many typos from when you converted it from first-person to omniscient, but overall, it does explain most of my questions.

Go ahead, you're pretty ready to go. Apply to the group; if you don't know how, go check out the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rp a BK ingame and I just wanted to say I love your bio =] So many people who try and rp bks go way to linear and unoriginal, I like your personal touch.

Whoah necro. Luckily, you're allowed to do that here. - Elyaan.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-05-04 at 05:23 PM.

I'm glad you like it. I really was unsure when I first posted this Bio, but after playing Khor for a while, I'm very happy with the results.