Page 1 of 2
LastLast

XP for mining - XP for skinning?

Can anyone confirm that we get XP for skinning? I know miners and herbalists in do, but has this gathering profession (Skinning) been included?

As far as I know, skinning does not give xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

it's called kill xp =P
    i take it next you'll be wanting xp for looting?
    Do your best
    Expect the worst
    Enjoy the mediocre

but what happens when I skin mobs left behind by the filthy horde as the runaway leaving a fortune?

That being said...I can see why my original question is quite daft now.

Deleted
    I just started levelling another char. Mining does give me some XP, skinning does not.

Skinning does not currently give XP on the beta.

why should it, mining and herbing are much rarer so to speak, if you're killing beasts then skinning them, you're getting extra xp compared to everyone else, and you shouldnt take a proffession just to get to 85 quicker
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    why should it, mining and herbing are much rarer so to speak, if you're killing beasts then skinning them, you're getting extra xp compared to everyone else, and you shouldnt take a proffession just to get to 85 quicker
    Please see post #4

10+ Year Old Account
    Just how much xp we talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFailadin View Post
    a lot of xp

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yeah but its not like every mob you fight is a beast... In WotLK the only beasts I can think of are the occasional grazing rhinos in Borean, and the Mammoths/Worms near Hodir dailies.

You get XP for killing the mob. XP for skinning it afterwards would be silly :P

My Priest with Tailoring/Engineering and First Aid aswell as cooking wants some EXP everytime I loot some meat (Cooking), and 2times EXP everytime I loot some Cloths (Tailoring + First Aid).

Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
    but what happens when I skin mobs left behind by the filthy horde as the runaway leaving a fortune?

That being said...I can see why my original question is quite daft now.

Skinable mobs are in greater numbers than nodes/herbs, and respawn way faster. Experience to skinning, if implemented, would be lesser than the experience gained from mining or herbalism, because the sources of such experience are much more abundant and accessible.

Doubt this will be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by TheFailadin View Post
    With rested XP in effect: EDIT... Nov 6, 2010

L83 toon in Twilight Highlands

Loot Twilight Jasmine node = 8800 XP
    Loot Cinderbloom node = 5500 XP

Kill L85 Twilight Abductor = 9504 XP - pulled it to nearby group of friendly Dragonkin for EZ-mode kill.

Loot Elementium node = zero XP
    Last edited by Yseraboy; 2010-11-06 at 04:41 PM. Reason: adding actual numbers

Mining and Flower Picking is currently giving about the same amount of XP for for yellow and orange nodes as getting a kill on a creature around your level.

I am getting 1-2k per node in outlands, same for npc kills. Thats why skinning doesnt give xp. and I am not mistaken the mining, and herbing xp is affected by rest.

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone stated (can't for the life of me remember who, might have been a blue post.) that Skinning would be unfair to the other gathering proffs due to being able to just kill a beast and skin it.
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

Damn i was looking forward to grinding to 85 on beasts with my rogue. Say a 20th of the XP. Remember that miners/herbalists can pull more than one ore/herb with one node.

LW's have to pull about 10 scraps to make one equivalent unit. So its like 30-50 mobs to be skinn'd while you only have to hit a node once. Why should Skinners get the shaft in the XP department as well. I'm not saying to make it equivalent to a mob kill, but seeing even a marginal xp pop up would still be fun. Otherwise i would constantly be thinking about how much more useful it would be to herb/alch.

Also my Troll Druid is definitely going herb/mining. $$ + XP + heal/haste + stamina