Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If putting it on Combat Rez count means it will be buffed to 100% HP/MP and 10 min CD, I have only one thing to say:
    DO WANT!
    Last edited by Weerra; 2010-11-07 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    this.
    I foresee a full raid of 23 shamans and 2 random tanks.
    Never going to happen.

If they let this stay the way it is (not a combat rez) which I hope they do, It would make more sense. What makes a Combat Rez different than a normal Rez? You can USE IT in COMBAT. Reincarnation is an ability used OUTSIDE of COMBAT. See where I'm going with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples8pie View Post
    Never going to happen.

If they let this stay the way it is (not a combat rez) which I hope they do, It would make more sense. What makes a Combat Rez different than a normal Rez? You can USE IT in COMBAT. Reincarnation is an ability used OUTSIDE of COMBAT. See where I'm going with this?
    It is a combat rez. You resurrect yourself. In combat. And yes, you definitely can use Reincarnation in combat. I have no idea why you think you wouldn't. Reincarnation is not just used so you don't have to run back after a wipe, or to jump off cliffs and not have to go to the graveyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Reincarnate is an in-combat resurrection. It's self-targeted, but that doesn't matter. Your target makes no difference if there's limits on the casting of that type of spell at all.
    Not quite correct.

The big difference is not the amount of people you cast it on, but the fact that you CAN cast it on other people at all, and multiple people at once, it's just that the first person who needs it will be the one to use it in a group of 2-3 soulstoned healers. If "X" class is absolutely critical for a certain part of the encounter or has to take part in a more dangerous part, say an offtank soaker, a kiter, whatever (just being theoretical here) you can choose to rez a "more important for the encounter" person. Soulstones almost always go to healers when that situation is gone because when you have ~5 of those vs ~17dps the healer is usually considered more important, and you can be reassured that if something happens to your healers, at least one is getting back up. A shaman is only going to be a healer for 1/3 specs and those options are just gone.

There's also the mention of SS being changed to work like Rebirth, and then the whole argument will be moot anyway. If they make Reincarnation multi-targetable, that would be one thing, but then it would need a glyph to make it 100% like the other two or it will be worthless in comparison, or have the mechanics completely overhauled. It's a weaker right now for a reason. The stacking argument doesn't hold water if it's not actually happening.

but soulstone counts ye? cuse it can be cast on another player

I really hope they don't make Reincarnate into anything but what it suggests... After all it is very specifically reincarnation.

Also I would hate to lose the ability to choose when to reincarnate, as that is something truly ICONIC (*cough*) about the shaman class.

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It is a combat rez. You resurrect yourself. In combat. And yes, you definitely can use Reincarnation in combat. I have no idea why you think you wouldn't. Reincarnation is not just used so you don't have to run back after a wipe, or to jump off cliffs and not have to go to the graveyard.
    Corpses in combat? I know it's a bit semantic, but you're not in combat when you're dead.

The ability is essentially a self-battle-rez in a raid, but anywhere else its use is very different and for that reason I don't think it should be changed dramatically. I'd be fine with it being buffed and added to the combat rez count. I'd be distraught if they changed the mechanic and prevented us from choosing when we rez.

Let's just stick a priest in the back of the room, and not engage the boss. That way they can rez the dead during the fight.

Oh wait...

Let's just bring back the OOC rezzing days.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    Reincarnation will not count as a combat resurrection, because it is a cast only on yourself rather than on another player.
    Good to hear this

Deleted
    I for one would like it being a combat ress (though I don't like the 1 ress/fight thing!)

reduced cooldown and 100% hp/mana ftw