Thread: Blood tap

Blood tap

hey everyone Iam currently playing DW frost but have a problem,

When do you cast blood tap and Pillar?

My current starter is HB,ps,Obliterate,bs,bs, Bloodtap, Pillar, and then just follow the runes

Is this right or wrong?

Also if I Only have 1 Blood rune up and the other one is still a death run should I press blood strike? or wait until both Blood is up?
    Last edited by Rashi; 2010-11-05 at 01:12 PM.

I'm no frost expert since the patch, but for pillar you would want to synch it with other cooldown buffs like heroism and trinkets. If you're going to use it at the start of a fight like that you might want to pop it first so that your diseases and first few attacks benefit from it. Otherwise it would be smarter to wait a little for all your runes to be nearly up to spam oblit and FS right after popping it.

Blood tap should be used whenever it's off cooldown and you don't have two death runes. Being able to use your blood runes for obliterate without converting them with blood strike is a great dps increase, more so in cataclysm when you can pick up imp blood tap. Pillar of frost should be used on cooldown unless you aren't able to dps for whatever reason.

I'll go ahead and hijack this thread.
    I'm one of those heirloomdecked DKs that just rushed to 80 to get ready for cata.
    I think I'm starting to get the hang of things, everything except Bloop tap.

How am I supposed to look at this spell? Use it on cooldown? Use it when I need extra burst or should I just bind it to spec specific abilities such as Rune Tap, Pillar and Dark Transformation?

I'm mainly asking about PVE but information regarding PVP is nice too. I just need some help in identifying this ability because now I hardly use it.

300 views and no good reply, Then I asume no one actually know how to use it.

Deleted
    Ok do this put on the diseases(plague+howling) use the motherfucking tap+pilar obliterate blood strike ok nex do 3 ob(dumping rp) and only use tap+pilar WHEN you have 2 blood not death.

Well, personnaly i use blood tap when it off cooldown and when my runes are on cooldowns, its not a do or die spell for the rotation.. you can use it in a burst situation too... but there's no bad time to use it unless you have all your runes...

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Try reading my post, I explained it pretty clearly.

Back when I played frost, I generally followed something like this...

hb, ps, obl, bs, bs, BT, Pillar, Empower Rune Weapon
    obl, obl, obl, [macro]

The macro is /cancelaura blood tap which prevents the death rune from converting back to a blood rune later on when you have 2 death runes up, which loses you the extra obliterate. Also, using a haste pot along with the erw is very effective. And bloodlust too if you can manage it

I'm unholy now, so my rotation might be wrong/outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Or you could not be a retard and actually read the responses.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Personally, I keep it macro'd to pillar of frost. Although it doesn't really work well when pillar is blued out, you will blood tap, but not cast pillar if that happens. Although if it isnt, the macro works properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.