Who needs tanks?

I play wow with some irl mates and one problem we have is none of us are tanks.

So we started runing heroics without tank, and actually its not any slower then with thank with the right clasess.

As a frost mage i alone can solo most mob packs in heroics, though it would take some time , and partially due to OP buffs many mobs have which can be spellstolen.
    Mirror image is awsome for tanking bosses since with deep freeze cold snap deep freeze you get a shit ton of aggro and then when you pop mirrors it get split and mirrors keep aggro long enough to kill the boss.

Also Rogues can be amazing tanks and ive had Rogue tank clears as fast as real tank clears.

Never really tried it but probably plate dps speccs, or maybe demo locks and BM hunters would be nice tanks too?

Its just that im kinda tired of 10 min dungeon ques and spoiled bitchy tanks, so i say think outside of the box, with such faceroll conent you dont really need tanks.

Unfortunately, that'll only work for another month. Until we outgear the Cata dungeons, you'll be wanting a dedicated tank again.

Did an undying run recently with some buddies. We didn't have a tank. Well, we did, but I respeced fury.

Quote Originally Posted by zelamonster View Post
    Unfortunately, that'll only work for another month. Until we outgear the Cata dungeons, you'll be wanting a dedicated tank again.
    Well i think tanks will be alot less arogant in Cataclysm, also ques will be much shorter since everybody and their grandmother will be farming heroics.

Another thing is once CC matters again as a mage i will once again be a valuable member of the group , not ''just a dps lol'' like i am now.

I remember /2 LFM MGT HC need DPS 2 mages and a rogue

and i like it , CC will be important as much as a tank again

Well good luck with that attitude when cata comes out.

I'm leveling all my alts as tanks for insta-queue because its so much faster.
    Also its a public service for others :3 No srs, show some love.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lately due to the insane gear we've had our fury warrior queue as a tank and just run 4 dps, 1 heal...or sometimes my pally will tank with 4 dps... it's honestly boring, I'm looking forward to a more proper dungeon experience at 85, at least until we out gear the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    I play wow with some irl mates and one problem we have is none of us are tanks.
    so you are saying that its a problem that none of u is a tank
    but in this thread at the same time thats actually not a problem
    well gz for not needing a tank for dungeons that were designed 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    so you are saying that its a problem that none of u is a tank
    but in this thread at the same time thats actually not a problem
    well gz for not needing a tank for dungeons that were designed 2 years ago
    Well let me rephrase that ,we HAD a problem

I just wanted to let ppl know not to cater to spoiled tanks when you really dont need tanks if you are geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy it while you can...you will soon be on your knees begging for a tank to tank your cataclysm heroics...and when you do...

Edit: Also. Regardless of how you mean to say it. When you say "tanks aren't needed lol!" people will get offended, even if you didn't mean to offend them. Tanks have their own role in the game. We like tanking. As people go around saying "ALL TANKS ARE JERKS", think about it. If you are going around saying tanks aren't needed because other specs can do their jobs, tanks aren't gonna like that. Yes, I heal, dps, and tank. I have seen from all angles, and I really enjoy tanking. Honestly if a job isn't needed it really is the dps. They deal damage, but they only make the dungeon go by quicker. Jus' sayin.
    Last edited by kortin; 2010-11-05 at 05:36 PM.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon