Deleted

frost dw stats balance

Hello people!!
    I have been wondering about the balance of my stats since ive read about the value of haste,mastery and crit, also i tried em spending half a day on a dummy and reforging. I can see that mastery is really good but here is the problem; in what percentage crit is better than mastery??(coz at start i replaced all my crit with mastery and i noticed a dps loss), and should i replace all the haste instead of replacing crit?
    I also noticed that pve one handers offer no AP now but pvp ones still have ap and as i am about 264 ilvl and dont have a 277 wep i replaced my quel delar for a wrathfull gladiators chopper and i saw some dps increase. Would it be viable to replace my bloodvenom blade as well?
    Thank you!!
    woops i forgot my armory : http:/ /eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Deathluster
    Last edited by mmocb35922ffd5; 2010-11-05 at 03:32 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I can see I was wrong hahaha, a while since I read up on DW frost...

taken from: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t105701-...ysm_countdown/

"[DW] Does the piece already have mastery?
    If yes, then go to the next question.
    If no, then reforge any crit then haste into mastery.
    [DW] Does the piece already have haste?
    If yes, and it also has hit, expertise, or mastery (as it should following the previous questions) then there’s no need to touch it.
    If no, and it already has hit, expertise, or mastery (as it should following the previous questions), then reforge the crit into haste."

should answer your question.
    Last edited by Mystryl; 2010-11-05 at 04:08 PM.

Currently,

Dual Wield
    Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Strength > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Agility > Hit to spell cap
    Two Hand
    Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Haste > Mastery > Strength > Crit > Agility > Hit to spell cap

Your best bet is to head on over to elitist jerks dot com. They have a ton of resources and people who run these numbers through a ton of tests.

Deleted
    Ofc i know my hit and exp caps and i got em, i read EJ thread as well am just wondering as reforging everything to mastery got me to 23% crit which is pretty low even for a frost dk since my KM solve my obli and FS crit problem and not my rest attacks. Any suggestion for the weapons as well?

does it matter if your critting with your other abilities or not? obliterate and frost strike make up 60% of your damage, and crit is the weakest stat for frost death knights. whether you think your crit is pretty lower or not doesn't change its lack of worth.
    i would say yes to changing weapons, agility is worthless so its 8 crit (your weakest real stat) and 46 hit (which is weak since DW needs 5% hit only) vs 123 ap, easily the pvp is better
    finally, wtf r u using razorice on offhand for? razorice deals percent of weapon damage. offhand deals less weapon damage. therefore, your gimping your damage for no reason. since strikes use both main and offhand, FC procs the same on either weapon :P

Deleted
    Thank u very much i used razorice coz i read in EJ that FC in main has a longer uptime (never tested that though) but i have to try the opposite i guess since your statement is pretty logical :P. And yes my damage comes from FS and OB mostly i was just wondering if there was a soft cap for crit to still be usefull.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have gone 2hd frost cus I dont wanna "steal" rogue and enhancement shamans weapons (no dps 277+ one handers with str, only agi -_-) and AP on weapons was removed.
    So a 2hdr with strength for now, then ill see what I wanna play as when im 85 (omg GIEF asscandy!!!)