Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    classics raids weren't hard, the hard part was to get 40 good players, not 20 good, and 20 that got carried, and i know, i played through vanilla, and beat it all except for 4hm, sapphirion and KT, stop with the nostalgia of vanilla being hard
    I don't think this is true...yeah getting 40 people online was difficult and in some cases half the battle, but the fights in general were pretty difficult. The bosses in vanilla were not as "complex" because the engine wasn't originally designed to do a lot of the scripted events that the engine is capable of doing now.

That being said, you gotta remember that Blizzard has implemented a tremendous amount of API enhancements which has increased the number of mods as well as their complexity. We have mods for everything now a days, each encounter is updated with DBM so you hardly have to think during a fight...you have a threat meter that keeps you from pulling aggro...shit you have mods that practically heal the raid for you.

Also, it's very easy to obtain preliminary gear before stepping into raiding instances. I'm sure you all remember that poor tank "decked" out in Valor hahaha...of course MC got a lot of easier once the raid was geared but man was it difficult without that gear. It seems that I can do heroic dungeons (which are a joke) for 2 weeks at minimum and have enough gear to cake walk into Naxx.

All I'm saying is, raids in WotLK are undeniably easier than Vanilla WoW, and that isn't always a bad thing...it caters to a totally different crowd. I thought this was all solved by introducing heroic mode though, if you thought the instance was too hard then you switched to standard mode.

TL;DR
    Two Options
    A.) Stop being a baby back bitch and improve your skills.
    B.) Switch to standard mode of the dungeon.
    Last edited by monstrado; 2010-11-05 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    classics raids weren't hard, the hard part was to get 40 good players, not 20 good, and 20 that got carried, and i know, i played through vanilla, and beat it all except for 4hm, sapphirion and KT, stop with the nostalgia of vanilla being hard
    Is there really a difference? You're not going to be able to do 10 man raids when 5 are good and 5 are being carried. Likewise, you can't have 13 people carrying the other 12 in a 25 man. Essentially, what you're saying is that everything is easy, it just takes skill to down. If you're not downing things, then you lack the skill as no encounter is truly hard.

The simple fact is, Vanilla and to a lesser extent TBC were more challenging. Proof enough is in the fact that Naxx 40 only had about 2% of guilds actually stepping in to it. Compare that to ICC and you see a much larger number seeing end game content. You can claim that's a gearing issue, but again, that comes down to semantics. To get gear, you have to do the instances and kill the bosses. Essentially, without the ability to kill those bosses, you never got the gear to progress further in the game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2010-11-05 at 08:37 PM.

When paragon says it is impossible to come close to killing dark slimes on Heroic Maloriak in the best possible gear I tend to think they're either missing a mechanic or it is overtuned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    The impression that I got during all of WotLK was that it wasn't really the top people who were whining. Simply because they knew that their gear made any given encounter easier with every passing ID.

The irony lies in the fact that people who didn't manage to kill anything significant on heroic mode were moaning about content being too easy, while not even managing to down Sindragosa normal mode themselves.
    Meh, Ensidia went on a shit storm complaining about WoW being far too easy when they got banned for exploiting, so it isn't just the supposed "bads" who whine about things.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    i've actually read through some of the threads and there's literally no crying for nerfs. the Paragon posts in particular are very concise in the form of: this hits very hard, that mob doesnt have an aggro table, this mechanic is bugged, etc. and these are top, professional guilds pushing the limits of their characters so if something isn't doable by them, you can be fairly sure it's overtuned and/or bugged.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blue answer for whining about too high tank dmg:
    Right, because this is heroic mode where Nefarian joins the fight and interrupts the feud. You're meant to deal with it.

So after all, the hard mode became what it is called... yeah, hard.
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey...this turned into another lol wotlk was too easy.
    That's a totally new and exciting direction for a thread.
    /locked