Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Arcane will never lose its viability. Besides, what we lose now we'll gain later on in the expansion. Happens EVERY time to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop crying that nerfs for the lvl 85 damage.... besides gd arc mages r pulling 25k in icc right just spamming arc and missles once in a while 2 clear the stacks...

I hope op is right. i hate playing arcane in raids. and i'll spec whatever is most dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    That's what hurts fire, not arcane.
    You're wrong. Fire might have some mana issues but it can put out alot more damage than arcane for the mana spent. Arcane has no real damage unless you're stacking your ABs high. Thats an extreme mana cost. Fire has nothing near the mana usage.

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    stop crying that nerfs for the lvl 85 damage.... besides gd arc mages r pulling 25k in icc right just spamming arc and missles once in a while 2 clear the stacks...
    So are good fire mages... easily.

Anyway, I don't see what the OP is crying about. Did he forget about Arcane Mastery? Besides it doing 10% more damage instead of 20% more damage (this doesn't mean you do 10% less damage now you baddy), it also consumes less mana by quite a lot I must say... If you consume less mana, you will do more damage because of your mastery. I'm sure at lvl 85 with some decent mastery rating, you will even out this loss of 'does more damage'.
    Also, that stacking haste buff is quite awesome. To my understanding, Arcane might be more interested in crit and mastery anyway at level 85 (more haste = more spells cast per minute = more mana consumption = shorter burn phase = less bonus from mastery). This stacking haste just allows you to focus even more on crit or mastery, might even allow you to reforge some shit.

I'd say this is actually a buff for arcane, rather than a nerf.

Oh this made me laugh though:

Quote Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
    Now, though it looks like a harmless nurf to the unkeen mage eye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Have you even been playing arcane mage lately? Arcane blast is doing too much damage as of now. I don't know if what you posted is a Beta-change or a live-change, but even so, mages are overpowered atm, I have no idea how they are on the Beta, but if they decreased its damage, they had a reason. All they're trying to do is balance the specs out.
    im not sure if your basing that assumption on old news or what, but if your actually raiding current content, you would know that neither frost or fire is overpowered atm. they are doing great dps, but so is everyone else in similar gear etc, except for the few classes still needing a few tweaks. Arcane blast is way overboard and arcanes dps in general, but thats 1/3 specs, and with the direction they are going, we can be sure that the emphasis ob evening out all three specs is of great importance for them.

OP, you might wanna have a little more faith in the company your throwing money at every month. the old OMG THEY ARE DOING NOTHING FOR US, I KNOW BETTER THEN THEM BLABLABLA is seriously getting old.

Trust me, you dont know jack shit the devs dont know.

First of all, Fire has always been a viable specc, as well as arcane for a long time now. Just gearing is severely different from the two.......Most tend to go with arcane cuz it's EASIER. But fire way more pro.....

Secondly, These stats are meant for the 85 lvl cap not 80

Stop overreacting......Keep your head on straight and wait for everything to pan out in Cataclysm. NO one is 85 yet, and things are still being implemented.

Deleted
    Problem not this .

we have only one usabel spell .dosent mater how changed buff do 10% less dmg and give cast time reduktion etc.....
    barrage and missles do extra low dmg this is the poitn why use just one situation ( if want reset the buff ) mana safe .
    i dont belive this is the plan :spam AB and try conservate mana

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxuspally View Post
    You're wrong. Fire might have some mana issues but it can put out alot more damage than arcane for the mana spent. Arcane has no real damage unless you're stacking your ABs high. Thats an extreme mana cost. Fire has nothing near the mana usage.
    Uhhh, from what I've seen on beta raid testing, arcane and frost are fine on mana, whereas fire is blowing monkey wads just to stay above empty.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
    I was just browsing the MMO-Champion forms today on my lunch break and noticed this little tid bit of GC puke...

Now, though it looks like a harmless nurf to the unkeen mage eye, it is actually a Pyroblast! (yes, with a firey exclamation point) to the face by GC.

Looks like EVERY mage will be going fire now...

Some of you may be saying, "Pfft ya right Ulin, whats that 10% decrease got u crying firey tears for?" Well I'll tell you my arcane hating friends:

4th stack of AB blast RIGHT NOW is 80% (92% glyphed, yes thats correct because 3% AB glyph x4 stacks is 12% and 12% + 80% is 92%) increase AB damage.
    4th stack of AB blast WITH THIS NURF is 40% (52% glyphed)

That is a 40% damage reduction in Arcane's MAIN spell.

Now some of you may argue, "Ya ok Ulin, but that haste buff will more then make up for it!"

Again, as of right now in iLvl 264 gear my cast time of AB unbuffed is 1.8 sec
    When Cata drops, with all that increased Haste gear, most mages will hit the haste cap WITHOUT even needing that reduced cast time and .1 sec buff per blast.

So again, that haste buff is just another firey Pyroblast! to the face.

Way to be GC, you can count Genocide off your Arcane mage list now!

/rage
    I like 100k+ Arcane Blasts too. It needed a dmg nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Uhhh, from what I've seen on beta raid testing, arcane and frost are fine on mana, whereas fire is blowing monkey wads just to stay above empty.
    But isn't that only when they are using Molten Armor?

Fire mages will probably be forced to use Mage Armor if the fight is longer than a minute of so.

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I like 100k+ Arcane Blasts too. It needed a dmg nerf.
    Yea, because there are a lot of those flying around outside of ICC where there are no +30%dmg buff.

Deleted
    Mages need nerfed you get to spam the same ability over and over to faceroll your way to the top of the damage meters, you should be ashamed to play this class right now it's so easy and noob friendly.

NERF it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    Mages need nerfed you get to spam the same ability over and over to faceroll your way to the top of the damage meters, you should be ashamed to play this class right now it's so easy and noob friendly.

NERF it.
    There are no hard classes to play in PvE, deal with it.

Christ, can one simple change go through without an idiot whining about being nerfed ever? I don't think it's humanly possible.

OP: before you make ANOTHER omg QQ "my spec is ruined because of the patch" post, kindly read a few of the other 1000000000 similarly themed QQ posts, and suck it up. The game ain't hard, and if you think it is (by the "nerfing" of specific classes, specs) then seriously, go off and play something more at your lvl... like oh i dunno sifting cat shit out of sandpits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing inaccurate QQ thread.