10+ Year Old Account

The (more or less) official electronic music thread.

So, i would want to know which are your favorite electronic dance / disco / synthpop songs and bands, it would be interesting if you explain why you like the song/band in your post. if you want to post video you write "" followed by the link to youtube and then "

i'm gonna update the post once in a while with information about some of the bands here.

Exampels of bands that perform synthpop is; Pet Shop Boys, Depeche mode, Erasure, Duran Duran, A-ha, Eurythmics, Hurts, Visage, New Order, Ultravox, Tears For Fears, Alphaville and Scissor sisters. of course there are many more who you can freely post about.

I'm trying to create some guidelines in what you can choose because of the excessive fake 00's synthpop that are more like the true definition of original rock than actual synthpop.

Some bands/artists that counts barely: Joy Division, U2, Robbie Williams, Lady Gaga, Kent, Muse, Kraftwerk, The Killers, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Second Decay and Nine Inch Nails

Most of these are here because of their cheer awesomeness and involvement with or just love for the pure bands. they might also have performed some electronic songs but have another genre as main "style" altough that style is very much like pure electronic.

I'll start of with my absolute favorite song performed by English Depeche mode. it is performed aucoustic here but you can easily find the original version too.

Well you guys know the drill, keep the discussion clean, have fun and good luck in getting to know the best musical genre there is!
    Last edited by Xeraluin; 2010-11-05 at 08:14 PM.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

10+ Year Old Account
    The Prodigy... just awesome and I don't think much more needs to be said there