Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why must people insult one another?

As the topic asks, why? I mean I can understand if someone did something on purpose like capture the hangar when he was told not to( If hangar is still messed up. I know it is on my battlegroup) but why insult people who cant prevent the inevitable or cannot help but get killed every fight they get into.

Hell why do people insult other people after their point was already proven? Does PvP just provoke people to get angry over things that no affect on their daily lives?

I just dont understand. It seems like arguing over pulling the trigger and not hitting the target happens every day.

Its cause insulting apperently is normal on the internet.

Its just the nature of the game.

PS: looks at Trade Chat
    look at the post on these forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ox Big View Post

Your Avatar... is amazing...

Insulting is the way we fill our time for not having new content.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

I do agree with you mate.. I am one of those that try to uphold the mature and humane way of acting even though it is the internet.. Makes me sad to see people to out and do the pointless insulting and whatnot.. I get the whole pvp scene competative bashing.. even between guilds racing for kills..

But apart from that It's childish and I do my best to get crap like that that stopped..

*Carepolice inc*

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a Jersey thing
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ox Big View Post

True, but my trade channel( or ours depending on server) isnt a channel feeled with T.N.T. Mostly trolling and stupid comments upon stupid comments.

But when I enter a BG if someone screws up it would look like this:

Player1: Why did you dumbf**ks go to Galv. OMFG!!!!!1111
    Player2: I'm getting my honor points STFU
    Player3: ZOMG you guys are a bunch of f**kin morons
    Me: Just play the game guys
    Player1: Yes because zerging to Drek implies going to Galv.
    Player: f**k it I'm not gonna enter a turtle

*5mins later*

Player1: Jesus f**kin Christ! see this is why I hat eplaying with you f**kers
    Player3: Shut.The.F**k.UP!
    Me: Dont worry about it guys just play the game
    Player2: Go f**k yourself.

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I do agree with you mate.. I am one of those that try to uphold the mature and humane way of acting even though it is the internet.. Makes me sad to see people to out and do the pointless insulting and whatnot.. I get the whole pvp scene competative bashing.. even between guilds racing for kills..

But apart from that It's childish and I do my best to get crap like that that stopped..

*Carepolice inc*
    That's another thing! Even during guild/premade groups the civility is still better than just queue-ing up.
    (And as much as I could join a Premade I cant because people dont want to go through the effort.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    arguements and confrontation are the backbone of wow society, if it wasn't noobs wouldn't get better EVER, and elitists wouldn't criticize bad applicants and tell em what they need to improve on. I criticize and insult wherever possible not because i'm an elitist, but because eventually they WILL LEARN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we live in age where human beings still think that without competing agaisnt each other their lives would be meaningless. Insults are part of that for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaac View Post
    arguements and confrontation are the backbone of wow society, if it wasn't noobs wouldn't get better EVER, and elitists wouldn't criticize bad applicants and tell em what they need to improve on. I criticize and insult wherever possible not because i'm an elitist, but because eventually they WILL LEARN.
    Criticizing and insulting are not the same thing. While criticizing someone might make them improve, insulting someone just makes them angry at you and is more likely to make them think you are a retard than that you might actually have a point.
    Last edited by Unknown User; 2010-11-06 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Rule #34 does bad things to folks during long frames of exposure.
    the most filthy thing ive ever seen in game was.
    a beastmaster and feral drood in a arena team,
    they won by making love to each other.

I was in a WSG match as my pally healer, I was healing 5 people fighting in the middle, facing them and healing while being pushed back, so I was backpedalling with S key. I held healing alone for a few minutes, then a big wave of enemies came down from gy and killed us all.
    That was then some ret paladin started insulting me real hard, mostly because I was wasd'ing while healing. The match went for a few more minutes and the harassing keep on til in the end he told me to "Dont ever queue again noob".

sad face ->
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2010-11-06 at 03:04 PM.

Just natural progression of humanity. people in the last 6 years or so have been dicks due to all the children and adult children who can access the internet now.

either way, dicks will be dicks. best thing you can do to avoid it is be mature yourself and find a mature guild. (and leave trade and general!)

sad when I started playing WoW when I was turning 14 and I was more mature than most other people. (6 years ago)

People think that insulting others online makes them look badass.

Deleted
    People insult on the internet because of the anonymity. And sometimes it seems to be the case that they forget they are dealing with other real people the moment they log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's anonymous, they can't see you and you can't see them.

ill tell u, its called; being 'an internethero' ppl that are total wuzz irl get a chance to act tough without any consequences bcus they're anonymous, so they grab the chance and become gangstagangsta behind their screens. Tho, the majority of the ppl trashtalking r 7~15 y.o cocky pricks

Suppressing your anger is not healthy for you. Let it out. You cannot kill the idiot players on your own random team, so the only thing you CAN do is to yell at them and call them names. Because they probably are as dumb in real life as they are when playing WoW, they are used to being chewed out anyway, so no harm done.
    Of course there's the question of how many of them actually speak/understand english (and after hundreds and hundreds of battlegrounds I'm having my doubts there) or are outright botting. Again, no harm done

Quote Originally Posted by Taleas View Post
    Suppressing your anger is not healthy for you. Let it out. You cannot kill the idiot players on your own random team
    That's why I'd like to call for a server with friendly fire enabled, all the time always everywhere even in sanctuaries. See that idiot doing idiotic things at his idiotic bank? BAM! FROST SHOCK! No more idiotic banker alt....with their idiotic unclever names, and guilds...bah!

As Taleas said - its not good to suppress anger, but also there is no point in insulting other people in the chat, but thats just the way it works today, sadly...
    Sometimes its just better to switch the chat to combat log, because i just cant watch those little kids spamming their emotions like that, its just ridiculous

Its a game, naturaly with game comes the competition... Everyone is trying to be "the best" and some ppl either cant take that someone is better or they cant stand someone that isnt even remotly that good.

Just dont care, you are the smarter one, you dont have to respond to their "angry kid" talk

have fun and stay cool

ps - sry for my lame english :X