Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Level 85 ability ideas

I hate the new CAMO ability it's a weak rogue stealth and we have no abilites to use like ambush or cheapshot while it's active, useless in pve and not seeing much use for it in pvp either except for hiding because we can't beat a certain class (almost everyone). I feel like blizzard is having a joke by giving us this for lvl 85, maybe they should remove counterattack in the survival tree and make it the 10 point survival skill, then give us something better.

I would like to see...

Sprint
    Increases run speed by 70% for 8 seconds. Another rogue ability not that amazing but WAY better then CAMO and i would rather have this for lvl 85.

Heal over time
    Heals the hunter for % health over 10 seconds. Hunters are like druids that took another path, instead of magic they took up the bow and tamed animals but still have that love of nature and the wilderness so i don't believe it's too much to ask for a heal over time spell, it could even be a sort of herbal remedy instead of actual magic.

Call of the Wilderness
    The hunters pet calls out into the wild for support from 4 of it's family members to fight by your side for 60 seconds.

Enchanted Ammo
    This was the best idea i could think of, we could apply enchants to our ranged weapon like shamans do with melee weapons and they could proc with every shot like rogue poisons do, auto and normal shots.

Fire: Adds fire damage to all of the hunters attacks.
    Frost: Adds frost damage and a chance to slow or freeze the enemy in place.
    Arcane: Adds arcane damage and chance to dispell 1 magic effect.
    Nature: Stings the target for a weak dot and reduces healing recieved.

I thought of these in only 20 minutes so what is blizzard playing at they are way better then CAMO.

Anyone got some more ideas that would be nice to have and blow CAMO out the water?

LOL you say camo sucks? you, sir, are stupid

news flash mr hunter.lvl 85 talents been finalised. thread is void.

Quick version: Camoflage is here to stay. Get used to it.

Longer version: Just because you've yet to find practical applications for a skill doesn't mean its useless. Of your suggestions the only one I found fitting with the Hunter design ethos was "Call of the Wilderness". Hunters will never have a heal; that one is simple. Enchanted Ammo feels far too much like a second iteration of your Trap Launcher.

From your post I have no idea how much of the Beta content you've seen; but the only advice I can offer is that Blizzard rarely creates a new skill without at least an idea of how it will be beneficial. I expect to find, at least, some content whereby the ability to be hidden will be a benefit.

Deleted
    I'm saying it's a terrible ability for a lvl 85 skill, it cannot be used in combat, only lasts 1 minute, has no special abilities like when rogues stealth and doesn't increase damage done anymore.

So we get to lay traps that we can already do now without it?

Please enlighten me, whats so good about camo i see no use for it.

They even told us that they don't want to give too many classes new things that they can use in a rotation or as a dps boost, they wanted us to get more utility abilities, things that are situational. As for its aplications, its actually very fun in PvP, sure you can't stealth when moving, but in that aspect its very much like a Night Elf's Shadowmeald that can by used over and over again in smaller amounts of time, and yeah, it can't be used in combat, but its still very useful, and as for in PvE, it reduces the range at which you can pull aggro by a shit ton. I for one will be using this often, specially in raids. Oh, and that fact that it lasts one minute is made up for by the fact that the cooldown is one minute.

As to your idea about call of the wilderness, I had a similar idea for a level 90 ability, Packleader's Call. Essentially, you call all your active pets (as in the ones not in the stables) to your side to fight beside you for x seconds, reducing/increasing their attack power by x%, but reducing/increasing buff/debuff effectiveness by x% (either that or making their buffs non-existent for the duration they are combat active via the Packleader's Call effect). I'd say maybe a 5-10 minute cooldown.

Deleted
    "Hunters will never have a heal"

Spirit Beast would like a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters will never have a baseline sprint, and I doubt a heal.

Though I never thought rogues would get one and here we are.

I do agree that I wish they had made ammo something fun like that instead of just removing it.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    "Hunters will never have a heal"

Spirit Beast would like a word with you.
    And Chimera Shot, to a small degree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    LOL you say camo sucks? you, sir, are stupid
    I asked you to explain what was so good about camo still waiting for your "expert" opinion on the ability.

I'm guessing after thinking about it you realised how crap it really is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from a night elf hunter that has had shadowmeld for the past years, the new ability blows. Nothing new, gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    I'm saying it's a terrible ability for a lvl 85 skill, it cannot be used in combat, only lasts 1 minute, has no special abilities like when rogues stealth and doesn't increase damage done anymore.

So we get to lay traps that we can already do now without it?

Please enlighten me, whats so good about camo i see no use for it.
    feign death camo, anyone? Feign Death = No combat, then you camo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craas View Post
    feign death camo, anyone? Feign Death = No combat, then you camo.
    Why exaclty would you do that?

The player knows where you are and can simply aoe you out.

Not worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demilune1 View Post
    Coming from a night elf hunter that has had shadowmeld for the past years, the new ability blows. Nothing new, gg.
    Large amounts of fail incoming from this user, Cap'n.

Not only does camo prevent people from targeting you, u can move and still not be targeted. On top of that, u are immune to all traps, and as far as I know most AoEs. On top of that, u can use certain abilities that won't bring u out of camo, such as trap launching, deterrence, and change aspects and even feign death>camo. It even looks cooler than Shadowmeld.

Please know what ur talking about before u talk, gg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rockallnite View Post
    Large amounts of fail incoming from this user, Cap'n.

Not only does camo prevent people from targeting you, u can move and still not be targeted. On top of that, u are immune to all traps, and as far as I know most AoEs. On top of that, u can use certain abilities that won't bring u out of camo, such as trap launching, deterrence, and change aspects and even feign death>camo. It even looks cooler than Shadowmeld.

Please know what ur talking about before u talk, gg.
    "You camouflage, blending into into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks, reduces the range at which enemy creatures can detect you, and providing stealth while stationary.

You can lay traps while camouflaged, but any damage done by you or your pet will cancel the effect. Cannot be cast while in combat. Lasts for 1 min."

Melee and aoe still breaks you out please know what ur talking about before u talk, gg.

"You camouflage, blending into into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks, reduces the range at which enemy creatures can detect you, and providing stealth while stationary.

You can lay traps while camouflaged, but any damage done by you or your pet will cancel the effect. Cannot be cast while in combat. Lasts for 1 min."

Melee and aoe still breaks you out please know what ur talking about before u talk, gg.
    I'm goin by what Frostheim shows, so unless it has changed since then, AoEs don't hurt meh. As for melee, I'm not totally sure, they were getting pretty darn close to each other, and still could not attack with melee. Target never changed from blue.

Calm ur nips.

Why exaclty would you do that?

The player knows where you are and can simply aoe you out.

Not worth doing.
    well add scatter shot in there then as well or intimidation? durr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craas View Post
    well add scatter shot in there then as well or intimidation? durr.
    Why would you bother using the camo in that situation when we can already use scatter, intimidation, lay traps and stop a damage spell cast by using FD without it?

Lets say you did use camo after FD then put down some traps, what next? We can run away or stand still until they break us out or the camo runs out after 1 minute. I don't know about about you but thats a very weak ability to me, and we should be given something to increase our damage just look at what the other classes get, we got the shaft.
    Last edited by mmoca914917702; 2010-11-07 at 09:56 AM.

Call of the Wilderness
    The hunters pet calls out into the wild for support from 4 of it's family members to fight by your side for 60 seconds.
    lol...Im sorry but the image that came to my head was a herd of devilsaurs thundering up to fight...I know that would make me do a double take.
    So the wind I become...

Deleted
    I agree on ammo enchants, rest is bullcrap.