Poll: What is the best Action Bar mod for what i want to do?

10+ Year Old Account

How i would like to set up my Razer Naga - Please Help

Hey guys

I'v raided with X-Perl, Iv raided with a custom-yet-kind-of-generic Pitbull set up, Im currently raiding with blizzard's stock UI. So im not afraid to try out new setups. I have a razer naga, but when i use the Razer addon, it moves everything to the grid.

How i would LIKE it is for there to be a 3x4 grid somewhere near the bottom right hand side of my screen where i can put my Razer Naga binds to, yet keep the row down the bottom for keyboard use for my normal rotaion (as in the number row).

This way i could bind all my procs/reactive abilities to my mouse (most notably my taunts and silences) and can just go through my normal tanking rotation on the keyboard. I was thinking maybe an action bar mod would allow me to recreate both a grid and the row down the bottom, and then bind the grid to all the numpad buttons (there is a switch on the razer naga to make it use the number grid as though they were on the numpad). Would this be possible and what would be the best addon for it?

Iv heard good things about dominos and Bartender, but if you could tell me what you personally find better and why (or if you have a better idea for me to do what i want to do) then i would be eternally grateful.

Cheers in advance!

This is my BT4 configuration, and because of how simple it is to use, I like BT quite a bit.

I use BT4 in a 3 rows, 12 button configuration that looks like this:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6][f1][f2][f3][f4][f5][f6]
    [`][Q][W][E][R][T][Y][A][S][D][F][G]
    [7][8][9][0][-][=][f7[f8][f9][f10][f11][f12]

The top two rows are all keyboard keybinds, the bottom row is all bound to my Razer Naga.
    ...and thats how I do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the quick reply I'll give it a crack.

Still welcoming more replies though!

Deleted
    I've used bartender before I bought my RN and switched to RN addon. In my opinion RN is alot better, only thing that I miss about bartender is a way you can track whether you are too far away to cast a spell when you have your keybind texts hidden.

I always use 1 2 3 4 5 6 and Shift-1 2 3 4 5 6 on my naga (I use 8-12 if needed), mousewheel button and two buttons on the side and Q E R F (G) plus X C depending how many keybinds are required for the class I play. Macroing some of your spells into 1 button saves some screen space unless you hide your action bars, like Q = frostfire bolt shiftQ = Scorch, E = Ice Barrier shiftE = Mana Shield.

E: I fail to understand what are you after. You can make 3x4 grid anywhere in your screen with RazerNagaAddon.
    Last edited by mmoc3e20c849ce; 2010-11-06 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but that 3x4 grid overwrites the regular actionbar, which i dont want. I have it all set up now with bartender and it seems to be doing to job very well indeed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholey View Post
    Yes but that 3x4 grid overwrites the regular actionbar, which i dont want. I have it all set up now with bartender and it seems to be doing to job very well indeed
    You can make up to 10 action bars with RazerNagaAddon, just replace your regular action bar with RNA action bar.

Deleted
    BT4 already supports 10 action bars. Every bar addon does, because that's the number of action bars saved server-side that Blizzard supports (excluding stances).

Forget the Naga addon. It's a branded, slightly tweaked version of Dominos.

Bind all the buttons on the Naga to keyboard buttons. I think the default binding is the number pad, if I remember right.

Install Dominos and change one of the bars to 12 buttons, 3 columns. Go into binding mode and mouse over each button, then hit the corresponding button on the Naga. Drag your spells onto that grid, and go.

Deleted
    Which one of Dominos, Bartender or RN take least memory, by the way?

Memory usage will vary very little, and is taken far too seriously most of the time.
    The wow client will often be using itself 1gb or more, so a few hundred kb is nothing.
    Look at the functionality before you look at memory usage.
    Go for an established addon receiving updates as opossed to the branded version.
    Bartender or Dominos, is up to you.

Deleted
    I've used both RN and BT, and I don't see really difference between them.

Which is better, Dominos or BT?

Deleted
    Subjective, but I like BT more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Subjective, but I like BT more.
    What's the difference?

I love Bar Tender as much as the next guy, but the best part of this mouse is that you can find every key through 1 to the = sign different combinations of shift, alt, and the function buttons.

I have every single key bound for each one of those is bound to an ability or a macro.