Thread: Holy Paladins

Deleted

Holy Paladins

Hey guys, how are the Holy Pala's nowadays? Blessed Life now cannot occur more than 8 seconds (up from 2 seconds). Is 1 hell of a nerf but is the survivability of a Hpala still good or not? ^^

with all the changes that was a needed nerf.. still really strong surv even with the PotI change.. 40 sec CD barksin etc.. its a good point
    Recruiting exceptional players for Cataclysm 25man raiding
    US 28th The Light of Dawn
    http://tupantechno.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaldin View Post
    Hey guys, how are the Holy Pala's nowadays? Blessed Life now cannot occur more than 8 seconds (up from 2 seconds). Is 1 hell of a nerf but is the survivability of a Hpala still good or not? ^^
    Imagine trying to type out 10 words. Just a regular old, hit a few buttons, watch what needs to happen happen. But there's a catch, for every letter you type not only does the keyboard turn more and more into unmoveable stone, a midget jumps on the side of your chair, and stabs you real, real hard with the blunt end of a metal baseball bat. Every time the midget hits you, all your words are deleted and you have to start from 100% again. Intermittently (about every minute or so) instead of the little midget, Gordo comes with a sledgehammer and firmly plants it into the side of your head. This process repeats for awhile while you try to just get it down, all the while getting prodded and slammed. Eventually, after about an hour of this, the stars are starting to line up, the keyboard is starting to stay plastic, the hammer is starting to break, the midget is starting to lose energy, you're sure this is the moment, the torture will finally be over. Without a doubt, there's only 1% remaining, this is the time where you can stop this nonsense and be free forever more. HERE IT COME-

Nope. He just bubbled. Gordo just got a new hammer, and the midget just tagged out with the small WWE Mexican wrestler. The process continues until you've eventually been beaten to the point where gray matter is coming out, and you turn off the program.

That's what killing a holy paladin is like.

Attempt at being funny really didn't work =\

I completely agree that the PoI is too op. I mostly play PvE and put 2 points in it for some extra survival, were I to take fire.

Though It has come to the point that when I lose HP or have an add on me, i choose to keep healing someone else, because the PoI procs are enough to keep me overhealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlex View Post
    I completely agree that the PoI is too op. I mostly play PvE and put 2 points in it for some extra survival, were I to take fire.

Though It has come to the point that when I lose HP or have an add on me, i choose to keep healing someone else, because the PoI procs are enough to keep me overhealed.
    It was making up for nerfing Beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Attempt at being funny really didn't work =\
    really? cuz I lol'd

It was making up for nerfing Beacon.
    But i usually don't put beacon on myself. They said that the beacon nerf was to keep thing interesting, because if a Paladin could heal two targets as easily as one, it would be an "inflasion of healing" which GC meant was less challenging and would,eventually, be less fun.

EDIT: I completely agree with that statement, and I love that Iactually have to watch the tanks health when healing in LFD Randoms :P Still, when the 2-point PoI constant heal can keep me at 100% health with two elite trash on me,something is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlex View Post
    But i usually don't put beacon on myself. They said that the beacon nerf was to keep thing interesting, because if a Paladin could heal two targets as easily as one, it would be an "inflasion of healing" which GC meant was less challenging and would,eventually, be less fun
    You always Beacon yourself in PvP. They wanted to nerf it in PvE (which I agree it needed to be) and not hurt pallys in arenas as much. So this was their solution.

You always Beacon yourself in PvP. They wanted to nerf it in PvE (which I agree it needed to be) and not hurt pallys in arenas as much.
    I have no experience in PvP as Holy, so I cannot answer that. Still I think the PoI(live not the nerfed beta version) is far too op in PvP aspects. I'm glad they nerfed it to allies only

You always Beacon yourself in PvP. They wanted to nerf it in PvE (which I agree it needed to be) and not hurt pallys in arenas as much. So this was their solution.
    lolwut you beacon your partner so you can abuse the huge range advantage it had.

Edit clearly not all the time but if you didn't abuse 60 yard range at all idk why the fuck you didn't i find it convienient being out of range of all ccs and interupts.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    lolwut you beacon your partner so you can abuse the huge range advantage it had.

Edit clearly not all the time but if you didn't abuse 60 yard range at all idk why the fuck you didn't i find it convienient being out of range of all ccs and interupts.
    You always beacon yourself now because of ToR healing. You make an ungodly amount of holy power for word of glories, and in the end to generate holy power on yourself to burn WoG / Holy shock on another player actually saves mana as opposed to direct healing them, even if the healing done on you is 100% overhealing

I've been playing WoW for over 5 yrs...started with Vanilla, moved on to BC, then LK, now about to experience Cat. I never had a problem with the changes that were made. I have many 80s, and many at various other levels. I have to be honest: I hate all the latest changes. Of all of the versions, I liked BC the best. I thought the raids were varied and fun, but truly challenging ( I can remember our guild working for weeks on Vashj before successfully taking her down). The changes I've seen so far in the 4.0 patch have been more extreme, unneeded and really frustrating. I won't even use my warrior anymore because the changes are so great, and one of the most annoying...infuriating even...things about 4.0 is that I keep seeing Blizz people telling us how much more "fun" the game will be with all the changes. They seem to think that if we have to work harder, push more buttons to do what we did more simply before, that it will make the game more fun. I'm sorry, it's going to be SO MUCH FUN that I fully expect to quit the game completely once it's emerged. I have no idea how to even play many of my characters now..everything has changed so much. Added to all this stress, they say they will be destroying Azeroth. I don't know how you guys feel about this...maybe you all think that's a fun thing too...all these changes may bring a renewed, fresh flavor to the game for you, but it's been my 'home' now for some time, and I've grown accustomed to it, I've grown fond of it, and it will be traumatic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by connie87 View Post
    I've been playing WoW for over 5 yrs...started with Vanilla, moved on to BC, then LK, now about to experience Cat. I never had a problem with the changes that were made. I have many 80s, and many at various other levels. I have to be honest: I hate all the latest changes. Of all of the versions, I liked BC the best. I thought the raids were varied and fun, but truly challenging ( I can remember our guild working for weeks on Vashj before successfully taking her down). The changes I've seen so far in the 4.0 patch have been more extreme, unneeded and really frustrating. I won't even use my warrior anymore because the changes are so great, and one of the most annoying...infuriating even...things about 4.0 is that I keep seeing Blizz people telling us how much more "fun" the game will be with all the changes. They seem to think that if we have to work harder, push more buttons to do what we did more simply before, that it will make the game more fun. I'm sorry, it's going to be SO MUCH FUN that I fully expect to quit the game completely once it's emerged. I have no idea how to even play many of my characters now..everything has changed so much. Added to all this stress, they say they will be destroying Azeroth. I don't know how you guys feel about this...maybe you all think that's a fun thing too...all these changes may bring a renewed, fresh flavor to the game for you, but it's been my 'home' now for some time, and I've grown accustomed to it, I've grown fond of it, and it will be traumatic for me.
    First off, please put in the first line of the post that you're going to blabber about your entire WoW history in a thread related to holy paladins, then let me move into how entirely unrelated your meaningless post that's filled with butthurt tears is to this thread. This kind of thing doesn't belong in this thread, in it's own thread, or anywhere. I've never read that blizzard said it will be more fun, what they usually say is that they have design intents and they alter classes to meet those. If you're quitting the game because you have to adapt to change, well, there's a whole lot I could say to that. But that would be stupid seeing as how the thread is about holy paladins. Like I said, this isn't related to the thread at all, or anything, you're extremley butthurt, go away.