Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Concerns regarding enchanting

You might have noticed how enchanting materials have become extremely cheap after Blizzard introduced disenchanting roll. Of course materials will get cheaper over time, but this system lowers the prices even faster. I am worried Blizzard won't do anything about it, and I dont they even care. It's not like there is a roll for mining ores, leathers and herbs. Why should we share our profit with others?

10+ Year Old Account
    I sort of agree with this... most professions have no way for the players to get materials for that profession without having the profession or a gathering profession that matches with it, so why should Enchanting?

I'm excited for Cataclysm, though. Right from the beginning, I'll be questing like mad. And this is the chance for YOU to make the economy on your server because you'll be the first one pricing the mats... ;D

Deleted
    Blizz already reduced the mats needed for almost every enchant in game. What more should they do for it? Have you tried selling scrolls on the AH? Even now with the share of mats they are fairly expencive. A Berserking enchant goes for ~500g on my server. And still the cost of mats is about 200g max. You can also try and charge more per enchant. Don't do it for 5g-10g anymore. Do them for 20+ or whatever you like.

Anyway I'm only selling expencive scrolls and do enchants only for the guildies so I have no idea how much they charge these days.
    But you still can make a lot of money.

There is already a 1 pages topic about it. No need to make new one.
    As for economy.... Play the ah with scrolls. Make sure u collect enuph scrolls(i would say about 100) to make your enchants there. After u max lvl u can sell them at good prices. Remember that as usually the price of the mats will cost the 70% of the enchanted scroll. Maybe less maybe more. That leaves a good mergin for profit. Its all about timing.

Edit: Didnt see nethertwist's reply
    Last edited by Weaver; 2010-11-06 at 08:24 AM.
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he was just sticking with we shouldn't have others getting our materials, when it's for OUR profession, not theirs. They can buy them off the AH like we can with every other profession.

Its not really "your" profit. the green item is for everyone to roll, if there is no enchanter everyone still gets the value of the green item.
    If there is an enchanter, it just gets rolled for the de value, and not the sell value.
    Makes no difference to me and I am an enchanter.
    Last edited by jobdone; 2010-11-06 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    It's not like there is a roll for mining ores, leathers and herbs. Why should we share our profit with others?
    Do you roll for cloth?
    So why tailors should share their profit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpe View Post
    Do you roll for cloth?
    So why tailors should share their profit?
    Because tailoring isnt only profession that uses cloth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    I think he was just sticking with we shouldn't have others getting our materials, when it's for OUR profession, not theirs. They can buy them off the AH like we can with every other profession.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Its not really "your" profit. the green item is for everyone to roll, if there is no enchanter everyone still gets the value of the green item.
    If there is an enchanter, it just gets rolled for the de value, and not the sell value.
    You do make a point, but disenchanting can still be considered a gathering profession, so why couldn't we roll on all gathering profession mats? You can sell leather, ore, and flowers on the AH, the exact same way you sell dust or shards.
    Last edited by sk8rbunn; 2010-11-06 at 09:14 AM. Reason: fixing punctuation

Deleted
    I dont mind everyone rolling for green items, but the fact that our professions value suffers alot from disenchanting roll is very annoying, it was alot better when this system wasnt introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    I dont mind everyone rolling for green items, but the fact that our professions value suffers alot from disenchanting roll is very annoying, it was alot better when this system wasnt introduced.
    But either way, it doesn't make any difference to you.

Before you would all roll greed on the green, if you won, you got to de it.
    If you didn't get it, the winner will just get a friend or an alt to de it.

Now you all you all roll de, if you win, you get the de.

Both scenarios is down to the same roll.

Deleted
    This is a very old concern, and after a lot of complaints I seriously can't see it being changed back to the old way.
    It comes down to convenience really. In the past, people could roll greed, store up their greens, then mail them to a friend, alt, guildie - or pay someone on trade, to DE them all for them. Some people were too lazy to bother and just vendored them, or passed completely. Taking that middle step out has made it very simple for everyone to click DE and so everyone does it - but they're still only doing what they could do before had they been sensible enough to do so.

Perhaps now even if they changed it back, everyone would be used to getting enchanting mats so would actually save their greens and in then it would not help the prices go up at all, it would merely mean a few minutes of inconvenience to a friend, alt or guildie to actually DE them.

You're not rolling on a profession, you're rolling on a green. The tool has added an "instant DE" that is supposed to take away the inconvenience of enchanters having to disenchant things. There is no comparison to rolling on ore or other mats - those were never available to other people. Greens have always been equal opportunity - people could always choose to ignore them, vendor them, AH them, or find a disenchanter. That is no different now except the DE is automatic if the person chooses.

And yes, my main is an enchanter.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rbunn View Post
    You do make a point, but disenchanting can still be considered a gathering profession, so why couldn't we roll on all gathering profession mats? You can sell leather, ore, and flowers on the AH, the exact same way you sell dust or shards.
    Because all those professions that gather leather, ore, and flower are only that... gathering professions, and need another profession to use it.
    Enchanting on the other hand is a gathering AND 'creation' all in ONE profession.

You cant have best of both worlds.

Mmmm, I agree it's more of a convenience for us as we're not bothered with being asked to d/e stuff all the time... however....

It also took away something we had unique to our profession. Which, in regards to mining and herbing... is like saying only the miner can mine the ore, BUT... once he does it's open roll on who gets it.

I'm okay with the convenience of the d/e roll.... provided they try to give us something interesting for enchanting in Cata. I've been kinda grumpy about enchanting not having any "neat" little side effects/benefits to go with it like everything else, and the d/e roll took away any of the "gathering" aspect.

Would like to see us get a mount or maybe... more unique enchants other than just ring enchants, which really only give us the same benefit every profession gets. A flying cape? Hmm, no engi has it sort of...
    Something to make our mounts look different? A temporary mount speed increase at the cost of mats? I mean, anything like that, with no real effect on DPS/Heals/Tanking would be awesome, this profession has been stagnant for so long now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    As an enchanter I dont mind on DE rolls for BoE gear but would prefer it if you couldn't for BoP gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are using your mats the wrong way. You shouldn't sell the mats, but use them. Put enchants onto scrolls and sell these. It's much better for your economy. It's more effective, it sells faster (if you post high demand enchants) and you earn a lot more.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

10+ Year Old Account
    Because all those professions that gather leather, ore, and flower are only that... gathering professions, and need another profession to use it.
    Enchanting on the other hand is a gathering AND 'creation' all in ONE profession.

You cant have best of both worlds.
    This is true.
    I also note your use of the word 'need'. You don't need to have a crafting profession to learn a gathering profession.

But either way, it doesn't make any difference to you.

Before you would all roll greed on the green, if you won, you got to de it.
    If you didn't get it, the winner will just get a friend or an alt to de it.

Now you all you all roll de, if you win, you get the de.

Both scenarios is down to the same roll.
    This seems to be the common thought train but you realize it is flooding the market? I have never seen top level mats be better as vendor fodder outside of skinning which they fixed. And on my server the only enchants that sold for any sort of decent margin were the vanilla heirloom enchants or 30 int to weapon for the odd hpal. Hence why i have dropped enchanting on 2 chars no point in having it as a proff with no daily cd no money making potential compared to alch jc bs or tailoring(at least pre end of the xpac nerf). And the perks are pretty shit no mount, no trinket, the worst crafting bonus outside inscription.

Tldr they need to fix this prof and lw

At least if you are gonna get a monetarily shitty prof you should enjoy engineering as its great on the perk side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    his thread is sexy, new and exciting...

it was brought in because most of the time, enchanters used to DE mats for free after dungeons, much like mages used to make portals and tables for free
    blizz decided to skip the middle man and let the mats get immediately DE'd

the only ones who are complaining were greedy kids who threw their toys out of the pram saying "WAAAH! BUT OTHER GATHERING PROFFS DON'T HAVE TO ROLL! WHY SHOUL OTHERS PROFIT?!? THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR TOYS AS WELL QQQQQQQQ!"

another reason is that enchanting is a CRAFTING profession, DEing is a bonus, like tailoring's northrend cloth gathering, or alchemy's mixology. your argument would only really be valid if disenchanting was a profession on it's own

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rbunn View Post
    This.

really? DE'ing is a gathering?

QQQQQQ! I WANTS 3 PROFESSIONS TOO! QQQQQQQQ

Basically, yes, it is harder for you to get mats with the gathering skill rolled into the tradeskill, but lets be honest, enchanting is so much more valuable (money wise) than other professions. I can spend 150g on teh ah, slap a berserking on a vellum, and make 400g on it, even this close to end of expansion. Not too many armor kits, cloaks, or Titansteel guardians making any money these days, and even if they are, there certainly not worth more than the mats.

Dont worry about it too much. It'll take ya a little longer to level than a guy who can chain skin animals, but in the end yours will be much more worth it