Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Don't expect new race models to show up quickly

I was looking on Goblin models... The animations are just marvelous (same goes to textures)
    I can't imagine Blizzard updating old models any time soon... :P just look at this goblin's facial expression...

Now take human model for instance... Would you like him to rise his eye brow? or close his eye when aiming at target? I mean cmon :P
    It will take freakin amount of time (year or even longer) to make new models for old races (Not to mention the whole QQ from not satisfied players)

And it's kinda sad that NPC/MOB models are lookin way better than character models...
    Vrykul? anyone?
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2010-11-06 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    those models are freaking amazing :O

While the expressions and stuff may not be updated, a fix of proportions is still sorely needed.

Have you ever looked at the wrists of human male and down to your own? see the difference?

What is needed is reproportion of nearly all the old models for things to look natural, and then more polygons to remove the boxy edges.
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    And it's kinda sad that NPC/MOB models are lookin way better than character models...
    Vrykul? anyone?
    This. I spend most of the time ingame looking at my chars, not the mobs. It's sad to see Blizz making some incredible new models every expansion, but never adding new ones to the playable races. I mean, they don't have to replace the old ones entirely. Players can choose for themselves which models they want to use when creating a character. (or when going to a barber, whatever)

All hell will break loose if changing models would become a paid service right away, though...

A year is a dramatisation, i would say it dosnt actually take that long to make an animation at all, and facial expression all depends on the facial mapping-grid layer on the basic skeleton , which for the old races is very low, so a mouth movement ends up moving most of the face making it look high unnatural.
    As long as you have the map grid texture layers to work with, then animations can flow easily and look great, also i would give it a good week to have over 40 animations complete if the grid was in place.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
    Have you ever looked at the wrists of human male and down to your own? see the difference?
    They look accurate to me, but then I am a manly body builder who has to focus to not crush puny keyboard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care about new char models, just let female trolls blink!
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    I thought female Trolls didn't have eyelids! D: Yeah, I would love to see my Gnome's model brought to the same quality as the Goblins and Worgen!

I believe blizzard said at blizzcon there going to update the polycount and things on old races just not right away with expantion, Maybe in a future patch like 4.1 maybe 4.2 or somthing. Probs 4.2 as it seems they have already done 4.1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    I thought female Trolls didn't have eyelids! D: Yeah, I would love to see my Gnome's model brought to the same quality as the Goblins and Worgen!
    They don't have eyebrows, that is true. But yeah, female trolls have no eyeblink, which is for most races nothing more then a tiny colored spot appearing before the eyes which hovers away from the eyes so far that when you look from the side you just see the gap when that little texture appears.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

As long as I can keep the face I picked I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    They don't have eyebrows, that is true. But yeah, female trolls have no eyeblink, which is for most races nothing more then a tiny colored spot appearing before the eyes which hovers away from the eyes so far that when you look from the side you just see the gap when that little texture appears.
    Same goes for the glow on eyes of basically every playable cbar, npc and mount in the game. Cata would be a great moment to finally reposition these properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually really slick. Their faces and expressions are amazing compared to, say, most of the pig-faced human male ones.

the amount of expression on the goblins faces...why would i roll another race? lol
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    the amount of expression on the goblins faces...why would i roll another race? lol
    Little green men are the most human of the races in Azeroth!

Wait a minute. Little green men. Mars. Mars is Azeroth! Blizzard is subconsciously recognizing our goblin ancestry, it all makes sense now! The goblins are the most human of the races of Azeroth, because we are descendants of the goblins! It explains everything, the love of money people have, the fact that everyone loves big explosions, it all fits! They're also the only Azerothian race experimenting with space travel, hence why their descendants ended up here on Earth.

That also means the asteroid belt in our solar system is all that remains of Outland.

Deleted
    Goblins are win no need to say more, humans walk like wooden planks its so stupid even the tree form has more functions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    A year is a dramatisation, i would say it dosnt actually take that long to make an animation at all, and facial expression all depends on the facial mapping-grid layer on the basic skeleton , which for the old races is very low, so a mouth movement ends up moving most of the face making it look high unnatural.
    As long as you have the map grid texture layers to work with, then animations can flow easily and look great, also i would give it a good week to have over 40 animations complete if the grid was in place.
    I've never heard those terms. Care to elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    It really is bloody remarkable that we can still play the old alpha races looking the way they do compared to these kind of models.

Its like a ps1 character standing next to a ps3 character.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    It will take freakin amount of time (year or even longer) to make new models for old races (Not to mention the whole QQ from not satisfied players)
    They could do what valve did with TF2 class updates... work hard on one, release, work on the next, release it and so on. At least players would know their low poly, ridiculous looking character would eventually get worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    They could do what valve did with TF2 class updates... work hard on one, release, work on the next, release it and so on. At least players would know their low poly, ridiculous looking character would eventually get worked on.
    Or like how blizzard did with the talent tree overhaul in vanilla?