Question Engineering in Cataclysm

So I am thinking of rolling engineering in cataclysm and I was wondering exactly how good the perks of engineering are as of now in Cataclysm. Also could someone give me a rough estimate on how much gold you think it would cost to power-level engineering in cataclysm? Thanks.

Deleted
    You'd be better off picking up mining and powerleveling that before you even think about getting engineering. Unless you want to spend a fortune on bars of anything you're going to need.

I know some ppl that are willing to pay 100g per ore to powerlvl professions so make something out from that, I'd say those 75 skills are going to cost 10-15k with ah materials until prices settle out maybe even more....
    Items so far in engineering can be found here cata.wowhead.com/skill=202#recipes:0-14+1
    can't post links so feel free to copy/paste that

I just powereleved engineering on my third or fourth char (engi ROCKS) cost mme round about 5-7k though that was purely AH bawling and did it in round bout 2-4h (yay for buying mithril for 100-200g a stack) and some accidental 500g a stack saronite >_<'

If your starting at 450 maybe like 10k due to inflation. I lvld engi to 450 a month ago cost me around 5k.

main engi benefit now is that engi enchants stack with normal enchants.
    can check the proff list under proff forum catagory for the enchants.