Deleted

Images in WoW - I'm having an issue with transparency

Hi.

The other day I felt I wanted to overhaul my interface to get a really smooth layout ready for Cataclysm raiding. In my design I felt I wanted to create frames to place my action bars/similar in to get a clean theme on the UI.

I'm used working with Photoshop so I figured it should be a no-brainer; I create Targas in powers of two, design the frame and apply a transparent channel to the empty space between the frame I made and the edge of the image. I save them with 32pxs/inch under World of Warcraft's root folders and successfully import them to the kgPanels library in game.

However this is when I face my problem; as I use my image as the background of a kgPanels panel, the edges of my frames get a very thin, bright outline ruining the look completely. Note that it's not the edge of the panel nor the edge of the image, but the edge of the very frame I designed, in the middle of the image, just where my colored areas shift over to being fully transparent. I could get a picture of this if my explanation seems messy.

Thoughts on this? I tried making them PNGs which gave the same effect, I tried adjusting all different filters and settings in kgPanels with no success.

An alternate solution question/solution: is there any other program or easy way to manually import images and display them in game? I don't need any of the script/resizing/repositioning functions found in kgPanels; I just want to display the images I made behind my action bars.

Cheers.

edit: Updated title of the thread since Treeston helped me prove this was an issue with the image file, not the AddOn
    edit2: Meh, no visible change of the title? Bugz?
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2010-11-06 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Code:
    local a = UIParent:CreateTexture()
    a:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) -- here you set how far the TOP LEFT corner of your image is away from the TOP LEFT corner of the screen. Positive X moves the texture right, negative moves it left. Positive Y moves the texture up, negative moves it down.
    a:SetSize(0,0) -- arg1 is width, arg2 is height
    a:SetTexture("Path\\to\\texture") -- change this to your texture (from the WoW root directory). Remember to escape all backslashes.
    How to use. Untested. Report back with issues.

Deleted
    Thanks for the code, it works perfectly as an alternative to using kgPanels.

But the main problem persists; the images are rendered with a white outline.

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 04:21 PM ----------

Question: How do I add another image?

Deleted
    Copy+paste the entire code, change "a" to "b" or any other string.

As for the images being rendered with outline, could you upload the .tga somewhere? I'll check it.