Thread: Orc Racial

Deleted

Orc Racial

Hi everyone!

I would like to make a suggestion for the future of the orc racial.

As it is now, Blood Fury is the only racial which use effect is diminishing in terms of value compared to other use racials.

Compare it to for example the troll racial. The troll racial is 20% and it doesnt matter if your 60, 70, 80 or 85. Meaning it gives you around 194 haste rating at 60, 315 haste rating at 70 and 662 haste rating at 80.

Compare that to the orc racial.

lvl 60 - 123 spellpower vs 194 haste rating.
    lvl 70 - +20 more spellpower vs +121 more haste rating
    lvl 80 - +20 more spellpower vs +347 more haste rating

What is the difference going to be at 85? Is blood fury going to give us as little spellpower as a bracer enchant when it used to give us as much spellpower as some of the best trinkets out there back in vanilla?

Its time to make blood fury what it was and what it should be right now: A on-use effect worth comparing to other on-use racials.

And Blizzard, remember, you said its time to move away from boring increases like 5% more damage or crit talents, well right now the orcs are doing the exact opposite.
    Because orcs are moving away from the race you choose for their on-use ability, to a race people choose when they want 5% more pet damage, abit less stun durations or even the axe expertise.

I hope you will atleast consider what I'm saying and thank you for your time!

Deleted
    This isn't the Blizzard WoW forums. To be honest I don't care what they do to the trinket racials. At the end of the day, they will be balanced out to a greater or lesser extent.

What does matter is if they mess around with any of the fun racials. If they mess around with Shadowmeld, for example, I'd go nuts! Certainly never roll a nelf again!

Also, in Cata endgame, haste will take on a lot more value than it has now, so Troll racial will be even better than it is now. Whether it will be as good as Orc racial in all situations, I don't know. However, it does imply they are more likely to nerf the Troll trinket racial than buff the already quite good set of Orc racials.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-06 at 03:51 PM.

I play an orc shaman because I love the way the look. thinking of switching to goblin once cata hits since they have more fun racial for the most part.

I made a thread about the orc racials "Insanely updated version" (from database)
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=33697 Shaman version...
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2010-11-06 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Posting it here aswell, maybe people will agree and somehow help this get this change through, because it is a change I think should have been made some time ago.

Deleted
    Now add in the pet damage and the expertise racial, not so underpowered anymore now is it?

Don't roll an orc mage if you don't like it! (which is what i'm guessing you're goin to) correct me if i'm wrong

Deleted
    Name one class that benefits from both those racials, and yes, if you want to be a pve mage and you roll a class based on a fun racial over looks, its Blood fury versus Berserking if you want to be either a orc or a troll. Which will make a pretty easy choise at blood furys current state

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I made a thread about the orc racials "Insanely updated version" (from database)
    Link it please I would like to see it!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A while ago, Blues openly welcomed just these types of suggestions when they were taking a look at racials. Did you miss that MMO post? The original forum thread grew quite long and tons of them were:

Blood Fury doesn't scale
    Dammit let me use War Stomp in forms!!!one1
    Undeads have the worst racials
    Blood Fury will be worthless at 85
    Blood Elves are missing a racial compared to other classes
    Profession racials are dumb/need to be normalized
    Blood Fury scales poorly
    And did I mention Blood Fury doesn't scale well?

Whether or not they actually decided to make it scale better, I don't know. But the issue was clearly and repeatedly brought up in the thread the Blues started on racials.

Quote Originally Posted by jithe View Post
    Name one class that benefits from both those racials, and yes, if you want to be a pve mage and you roll a class based on a fun racial over looks, its Blood fury versus Berserking if you want to be either a orc or a troll. Which will make a pretty easy choise at blood furys current state

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 03:51 PM ----------

Link it please I would like to see it!
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/33697/blood-fury/ I believe is the shaman lvl 80 version
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=33697 probably the lvl 85

Quote Originally Posted by jithe View Post
    Name one class that benefits from both those racials,
    DK...especially unholy ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birch View Post
    DK...especially unholy ones
    Yeah, arent BiS orc unholy dks doing the highest damage next to non orc BiS unholy dks? At least, iirc they were pre patch 4.0.1
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

orcs have it realy good when it comes to racials and you make a post about how bad it is?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Enhancement Shaman as well. AP/Spl Power Trinket, Wolves get Dmg Increase, and Expertise with Axes/Fists, whats not to love?
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

People are flaming how "bad" their Horde damage racials are while Alliance doesn't even have active abilities that give you more damage.
    Fail.