Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mind Sear isn't quite so bad at 85... it's still not as powerful though.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Mind Sear really has been nerfed. On the mobs before sindra i used mind sear on one of the groups. got like 10-11k dps and on the other i used SW:P on every single mob and ran around so i would spawn more shadows, i got over 20k dps doing that. Blizz fails at balancing

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of spamming mind sear on a single target. Pop Shadow Word Pain on everything while running around in circles. Guaranteed to hit incredibly outrageous numbers and have an unstable amount of Shadowy Apparitions all over the place too.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by TruthyID View Post
    You seem to be really undervaluing the damage done by the apparitions. I just tested this on the dummies in IF and I did about 14k dps just by applying SW:P to each dummy and running around. I did about 9k dps by applying VT to all the dummies.

Increasing the chance to proc an apparition from 12% to 60% (a 5 fold increase), aka "the whole running around thing", is hugely beneficial to our dps. Unless Blizzard does some retuning of Mind Sear, the rotation that you mocked because it sounds ridiculous at first blush will continue to do more dps than Mind Sear or spreading VT around.
    Kelesti is right, in normal circumstances you will do way more dps with VT than SWP, the SWP and running in circles is mostly for fun. The difference between target dummies is that they don't die and they don't fight back, now maybe if you have really low haste I could see SWP doing more ...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right now it's completely useless compared to VT/SW:P + Tab, rinse and repeat for aoe packs. But in my opinion it's a lot more fun to multi-dot targets rather than VT+SW:P+MS.
    -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    Instead of spamming mind sear on a single target. Pop Shadow Word Pain on everything while running around in circles. Guaranteed to hit incredibly outrageous numbers and have an unstable amount of Shadowy Apparitions all over the place too.
    Not true anymore in beta...
    Apparations are limited to 4 at the same time.
    So in order to get a reasonable amount of apparations you need to run in meele range of the mobs so the apparations can hit them in seconds and dont need to walk towards them .....

just a general thing to point out here..

Lets take vile spirits on lich king 25.. In my guild most of those spirits are dead within seconds.. .literally seconds..
    That is thanks to the insanely high dps that we see coming from many other classes that can aoe...

As a shadow priest.. trying to use any form of multi dot type of technique on that many adds.. that go down that fast.. is a waste of your time and mana..

Mind sear was perfect for situations like that when there are a ton of adds that dont last very long. it was a great damage dealing aoe skill..

HOWEVER.. now post nerf it is in effect useless.. take the vile spirits for example.. i can pull 18k single target on lich king.. or i can pull 10k(maybe) on the vile spirits using mind sear... USELESS...

and dont even try to multidot adds that die decently quick... its not even worth it... the only time you will ever find multidotting mass amounts of mobs to be worth your time.... would literally be when your guilds other dps sucks ass at playing their character.. other than that your better of staying on the boss.... seriously..

In short i dont care who claims what about anything... when it involves killing packs of 5 or more... shadow priest aoe is close to or is the worst aoe in the game.. and is not even worth casting... i dont care if you think multidotting is the solution or not.. your wasting your time and mana... someone else can do double your damage with significantly less buttons and cost..
    Last edited by Kootz; 2010-11-16 at 01:24 AM.

Aoe is supposed to be a dps penalty..