Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously, people need to stop worrying about pathetic things like this every time content gets obsolete.
    Sorry i disagree with you on this. The whole reason titles carry any weight at all is because they are awarded after you have done something special in a raid, when it is current content and challenging. Once the content is obsolete, then the titles should also be removed. While you mock the 'hard work' those people put in, its funny that the whole point of awarding you a title was to say 'well done you did some tough shit while this was current and challenging and this is your reward'. Its purpose is not 'oh your here at 85, have a title'.

This is not a single player, static game. Its an evolving MMO. things change, things come and go. People all over the world have played wow during different parts of this MMO's life. Titles help put a stamp on someones time in the game.

Titles are different to mounts or gears. you collect mounts, you collect and change gears. Titles more often than not you stick with for a long time. They mean something, esp if your a raider. Its your public badge you tried something challenging and were able to pull it off. Regardless of whether or not you think that makes people 'special little snowflakes' the fact is Blizz has made them the new epeen. i'm not saying only i should have something and no one else should. i'm saying anyone who is good enough to get it deserves it. People that arent, dont deserve it, so why give it to them? It just dilutes the meaning of the title reward.

Thats great that you dont measure your fun in game against 11 million others. That doesnt mean everyone feels like that, and as such, if it is of so little importance to you, then you wont mind that those who arent able to complete the content while its current dont get the title. I measure my fun by competing in a race where there is gold silver and bronze. not where you can turn up at the finish line whenever you like and all get gold.

But that concept seems to be incredibly hard to understand
    Last edited by Gaxar; 2010-12-04 at 07:12 AM.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moscapt View Post
    Why would it be dissapointing?? cause you would stop being a unique Snow Flake and no1 would recognize ur 1337'ness??

and before u ask, no i haven't the tittle yet, my guild is still trying to do it.
    Yes. and same here. i would want it, but not when i outgear lvl the content. remove the title, fair and square.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can be a Light of 30% Healing, Absorb and Damage-Downy too? Yay!

Stop crying, these titles were there for the expansion, now they'll just be there for vanity and for memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsail the Orc View Post
    Why do we raid? To get gear, to help our progression.
    What do we get (that will last for more than 12 months)? Titles and drakes.

Now Blizzard is going to let people go back an expansion and get shit that was difficult to get then. Titles AND Drakes will probably be available to get during Cata. No longer will people look at you and think "Shit man, he played all through Wrath and got freaking Light of Dawn, wow he must be great.", instead they will look at you and think "Lol, scrub can't get Cata titles, so he Pugged LoD lololol noob."

It's complete bullshit.
    First, if the reason you raid is to get gear and achievements, well then you should start thinking about what WoW is.

Second, if you got LoD before Cata you've had your time to be "cool" with it and people would've inspected you when you were standing in Dalaran and what not. If you are still "good" in Cata why don't you get one of the hard-to-obtain Cata titles? Then you will be "cool" again and it wouldn't matter if "scrubs" were running around with LoD since you would out-flex them anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    First, if the reason you raid is to get gear and achievements, well then you should start thinking about what WoW is.

Second, if you got LoD before Cata you've had your time to be "cool" with it and people would've inspected you when you were standing in Dalaran and what not. If you are still "good" in Cata why don't you get one of the hard-to-obtain Cata titles? Then you will be "cool" again and it wouldn't matter if "scrubs" were running around with LoD since you would out-flex them anyway?
    I'd agree with Zheryn here - with the eve of Cata upon us those who have gained Light of Dawn can give themselves a pat on the back as they obviously have completed the hardest content currently avaliable to players - after the 7th anyone who is ganing that title (unless the guild is not progressing and is completing it in 277's at lvl 80) then its not really as special as if you got it during WotLK.

I'd also agree after preparing for LK10Hc (Not quite the same but the fight mechanics are similar in some respects - apologies if i'm wrong in this) I cant see many PuG's completing this fight - as alot of people (not all mind you) wont have the motor skills to react to some of the constraints of the mechanics of this fight (Valks and Defile & ST's) - I can only see guilds who have a good core team who perhaps where working through some of the lower level ICC25hc content (looking at alot of the casual raiding / semi-hardcore guilds here) to stand a chance of killing LK25hc at 85 in decent gear.

I personally wont be holding out to gain this title - although I have been eager to kill LK on 10hc it wouldnt be the same feeling at 85, and with all the new cata titles and rewards I think it may be better to progress with the expansion rather than dwindle on older content.

Just my two cents.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Quote Originally Posted by Cursey View Post
    EDIT: locks doing 19k max? they should really up their game in that case since i'm pulling 22-23k max single target.
    Log for this on LK 25 HC please?
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

Deleted
    I only have very few of the WotLK raid titles and none of the WotLK raid mounts on my characters, but:

Every single title or mount that is an actual reward of something challenging should be removed from being obtainable when game mechanics change so that the difficulty of getting those drops seriously. So either completely make them unobtainable or make it so that you can't obtain them above level x (and/or gear level x)

Undying, Immortal, Of the Nightfall, Twilight Vanquisher, Champion of Ulduar, Conqueror of Ulduar, the Argent Defender, Light of the Dawn, Kingslayer and some others signify some sort of an challenging achievement. When you trivialize the achievement the titles will be completely inflated. Hell, some of the first ones in the list are already quite trivial with current gear levels. You should have a new set of similiar for Cataclysm, and they too should be made unobtainable when they are trivialized by the next expansion.

I mean, if someone could farm Hand of A'dal now it'd be just lame. He was not Hand of A'dal. Time has moved on from TBC and that stuff should be only for people who actually had atleast some challenge and not just outleveled grind for the lulz.

Lich King might not be that easy even at 85 and level 85 gear, but it will be hell of a lot easier, and that is what matters.

We had a 25% buff in ICC and 400 guilds killed Arthas.
    That is wrong , it was much less than 300 guilds < 30%
    which off the top of my head was the amount of m'uru kills pre-nerf?

LoD should stay for the first month of Cataclysm, then be removed. The reason I say this is a lot of guilds put in a lot of time and effort on this fight, only to be let down by raiders that have slacked over the past few months. So it would be fair to give these guilds another chance at the title, when they won't have to worry about numbers.

If LoD isn't removed though within a short time peroid, I guess Blizzard don't give us much hope for the way Cataclysm heroic content will be handled when the content is outdated.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    Actually CoN was the SSC attunement and just required heroics and Kara. And HoA requires vashj and archi (SSC/TK final boss kills). So, you could argue that HoA flexes a little more epeen. To me, i just like being reminded of the good times, that's why i always run with my HoA title on my hunter, and her awesome BT shoulders with the freaking demon heads on (i mean, that's just win). Like my warlock will always have her T4 helm, it looks awesome, like a darth vader sort of thing. (its basically just two glowing eyes).
    yeah cuz CoN was kara and heroics... think ur mixing it up with gruul and kara
    HoA was vashj and kael.. get ur bosses right
    pretty sure u got that gear at 80...

OT: couldnt care less if the title stayed or went, there will be new titles to get anyways though i completely understand the people with the title sayin they want it removed. Shouldnt be rewarded at 80+ if you ask me

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fierceangel View Post
    LoD should stay for the first month of Cataclysm, then be removed. The reason I say this is a lot of guilds put in a lot of time and effort on this fight, only to be let down by raiders that have slacked over the past few months. So it would be fair to give these guilds another chance at the title, when they won't have to worry about numbers.

If LoD isn't removed though within a short time peroid, I guess Blizzard don't give us much hope for the way Cataclysm heroic content will be handled when the content is outdated.
    lemme guess ur in a guild with 11/12 hc? thats another 5k guilds with LoD
    hmmmm bad idea

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaxar View Post
    Sorry i disagree with you on this. The whole reason titles carry any weight at all is because they are awarded after you have done something special in a raid, when it is current content and challenging. Once the content is obsolete, then the titles should also be removed. While you mock the 'hard work' those people put in, its funny that the whole point of awarding you a title was to say 'well done you did some tough shit while this was current and challenging and this is your reward'. Its purpose is not 'oh your here at 85, have a title'.

This is not a single player, static game. Its an evolving MMO. things change, things come and go. People all over the world have played wow during different parts of this MMO's life. Titles help put a stamp on someones time in the game.

Titles are different to mounts or gears. you collect mounts, you collect and change gears. Titles more often than not you stick with for a long time. They mean something, esp if your a raider. Its your public badge you tried something challenging and were able to pull it off. Regardless of whether or not you think that makes people 'special little snowflakes' the fact is Blizz has made them the new epeen. i'm not saying only i should have something and no one else should. i'm saying anyone who is good enough to get it deserves it. People that arent, dont deserve it, so why give it to them? It just dilutes the meaning of the title reward.

Thats great that you dont measure your fun in game against 11 million others. That doesnt mean everyone feels like that, and as such, if it is of so little importance to you, then you wont mind that those who arent able to complete the content while its current dont get the title. I measure my fun by competing in a race where there is gold silver and bronze. not where you can turn up at the finish line whenever you like and all get gold.

But that concept seems to be incredibly hard to understand
    Couldn't have said it better. /bow

Have a Nice Day ™...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, could be..I actually was copying the numbers from wowprogress at a point...ofc some ppl then complained how inaccurate those numbers are and insisted on their own numbers that didn't have any source at all.

Unfortunately I have no idea where data for TBC can be checked...but Muru was considered a guildbreaker. From what I could find on websites, the gate with Muru was opened on April 29th and he got killed 5 days later..no limited attempts, so some guilds had truly sleepless nights.

Sooo..well..no idea how many guilds killed bosses in Classic or TBC, but I think they were so low, that Blizzard made the comparison of "Throwing all those resources into a raid that only a tiny fraction of the players see is like making an entire expansion only for Marksman hunters" (something like that).
    Regardless, with all the resources and shit we have now, there was less guilds that killed lich king pre 30% than there was guilds that killed m'uru, that has to count for something.

I've given out more infractions than I can count.

Closing this.