10+ Year Old Account

PvP Lightwell Uses?

First off, Kel, my apologies for adding another thread, but I wanted to get the attention of PvP Holy Priests who may not otherwise check the Lightwell thread. If you feel that this is additional thread clutter, I understand, just lock it <3

I read in the State of Holy thread that the Holy may have the edge in PvP healing. I also saw mention of Lightwell. Now, while I'm positive I could imagine up some ways to use Lightwell, fact is I havn't put it into practice. That and I'm terrible at PvP. If you have advice, experiences, or anything else Lightwell PvP related, please let me know so that I can begin composing this for the Priest forums Lightwell sticky.

This includes Live uses as well as those of you perhaps toying with it in Beta.

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you click LW while stunned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That was one of my thoughts

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 11:27 PM ----------

I figured that for duels you could put the lightwell like 10 yards away (especially against rogues, hehe), and get free heals while getting destroyed and stun-locked.

However, with the 30% damage effect break, I wasn't sure if it's impact would be better felt in Cataclysm when spikey damage would be lowered.

If you're talking arena, I could see it being placed behind a pillar or something so that if your partner LOS you or is out of range, he could heal up real quick. Also if clicking doesnt break stealth, you wouldn't have to waste mana healing your rogue if he vanishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put it around 10 yards away and use it to keep myself alive. If anyone else clicks it then that's okay too. Something that surprises me though is whenever someone notices I'm using the Lightwell they'll focus their attacks on it, which actually buys me around 3-4 seconds to attack, run, heal, etc.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Yes. That was one of my thoughts

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 11:27 PM ----------

I figured that for duels you could put the lightwell like 10 yards away (especially against rogues, hehe), and get free heals while getting destroyed and stun-locked.

However, with the 30% damage effect break, I wasn't sure if it's impact would be better felt in Cataclysm when spikey damage would be lowered.
    Spikey damage and the fact that 30% of our total health will be nothing to sniff at in Cata. I believe I had 70-80k with Fortitude in my blues. It'd probably be pretty decent with some proper PvP gear on.

Thinking about BGs instead of arena, Holy is feeling more and more superior to Disc. I am never kicked, pummeled or countered because all I cast are instants. I usually save lightwell for group fights - flag room in WSG, node in AB. I'm finding other players are quickly learning to use it because of course there is a much higher focus on survival than in PvE.

I'm pretty sure you can't click Lightwell when stunned, but healing while silenced can be game-changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it has been hotfixed secretly in live,or maybe you are referring to beta, you can use lightwell while stunned, not disoriented

Even prior to 4.0, I felt like Lightwell had huge potential. I would sometimes do some silly PvP as Holy, and I legitimately felt that I tanked better than as Disc, when my Lightwell was up. Of course once people realize how ridiculous it is, they turn around and swat it, but still. Place it somewhat hidden if you want to keep it alive (think tremor totem). I guess you could put it in the open on purpose to make it bait if you want a peel, but otherwise...

Since you can click it while doing basically anything, remember you can be in smite chakra raining hell on people and healing at the same time.