Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How do you know its a World First? Thats the problem with these kinds of threads and why they get the flaming they deserve. You should title your thread "World First person to do Algalon 4 man and thinks its worth posting". Because it isn't any type of first or progression leap that is actually monitored or matters, there is no way to verify that you were even first. This could have been done by 4 people a month or two months ago, but never posted anywhere. I'm not saying it isn't interesting, so better yet just post it under the title "How to 4 man Algalon" under raids or or something, but it doesn't belong in a world first forum, and will justly be flamed for appearing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus View Post
    How do you know its a World First? Thats the problem with these kinds of threads and why they get the flaming they deserve. You should title your thread "World First person to do Algalon 4 man and thinks its worth posting". Because it isn't any type of first or progression leap that is actually monitored or matters, there is no way to verify that you were even first. This could have been done by 4 people a month or two months ago, but never posted anywhere. I'm not saying it isn't interesting, so better yet just post it under the title "How to 4 man Algalon" under raids or or something, but it doesn't belong in a world first forum, and will justly be flamed for appearing there.
    I don't think you get it, nor do others who flame this 4man... in order to get that kill they had 2 dps pulling 10k each, they had their tank and the healer. The normal way to do the fight requires 2 tanks, so to 4 man the fight with 2 tanks, you'd only have 1 dps and 1 healer. With that setup, it is highly unlikely that the enrage timer would be met. So to do the fight with 2 tanks and make the enrage timer, you would need 2 dps and the healer making it a 5man kill. The fact that they pulled it off with 1 tank is fairly amazing, and definitely shows skill on their part.

With that being said, it is fairly unlikely that anyone has attempted to kill him with 4 people before, if they had, there would more than likely be vids or ss's about it since it is quite a feat.

And with that said, grats on your 4man kill, very impressive.

Not a great achi, but the fact that it was a realm/world first is pretty cool (:

Gratz dude nice!

High Overlord
    Grats on the kill.. very nicely done and good use of threat mechanics etc.

Personally I ignore trolls on here, just be proud of your achievement. As for the OP headline, Yeah you can't prove its the first 4 man kill, but if someone else had pulled it off they would have posted already or something to that effect and if they did, the trolls would have got them too!

Well done again

Can't watch video at work but Gratz, nice accomplishment !

This thread just shows that internetters will give anyone a hard time about anything!
    Grats on the impressive kill- It sounds like it was a lot of fun.

We're working on a 3 man Sarth 3D 10, which is incredibly difficult so far, and a 4 man 25 Malygos!

Wow nice gg,but if your trying to hide your friends people can just go and take the pop-up you put their,so either you mess up the video your self or people can see your friends.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

if this is so easy, why don't all the other people post links to their videos?

Quote Originally Posted by rinda View Post
    it's because every "world first" post is met with dickishness.
    Actually it is those "World first Kill by micronesian guild" or "World first kill while hopping on one leg". Especially "Wold first with less members but old content" are also usually dicey...I mean..who would care about anyone soloing MC nowadays?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
    Not very impressive. I'm sure most competent people could 4 man it in average ilvl 264 gear easily since the cata talent patch. If you had done it prior to that, you would receive props. Good effort though I guess there really is nothing to do in this game anymore.

Pretty sure they deserve all the props anyways. Would love to see a video of you doing it. inb4 troll

Nicely done! Grats on the kill.

Just beating the enrage timer is pretty damn impressive here.

very nice done! like this kinda stuff. ppl not saying this is impressive should try and do it them self, oh wait they cant, coz they dont understand the game

mhmmmm....Slaying Algalon with four people ^^ I approve!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    mhmmmm....Slaying Algalon with four people ^^ I approve!
    U got one gay looking picture!

Grats on the kill. Nice video too. Algalon is still my favorite boss in WOTLK.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Serious congrats. I just did algalon last month and it still wasn't easy 10 manned but such a great fight
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by rinda View Post
    it's because every "world first" post is met with dickishness.
    Because four manning, 3 manning, 2 or even soloing some old boss is worthy of being called a world first? Oh right - outgearing content means you're good, I forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.