Why You Play WoW

People ask me all the time how can I play WoW for so long and not get bored or tired of it. It's hard to explain. Working with up to 25 people togehter working to get one goal. Everyone trying their hardest and giving all they have toward a accomplishment you all want. Dying, getting angry, learning, trying new strategies, eventually everything just falls into place for the first sucessful kill. The time when you're heart is beating super fast, you get enveloped in what you're doing, the sound of peope on vent yelling out what needs to be done, the adrenaline you feel as you notice the attempt is going really really well, all cumulating withe the screams of "YES" and "OH MY GOD" over vent. The joy, satisfaction, and sense of accomplishment I feel after those moments, with that many people is what keeps me playing World Of Warcraft.

i play because real life sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Corjha View Post
    i play because real life sucks ass
    i agree

Ain't shit else to do around here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

the social and the amazing lore....FOR THE Sin'Dorei

Jordan "JordanXlord" Ellzey, SWTOR Beta Tester, Youtube Gaming Commentator (www.youtube.com/jordanxlord)

and Maker of the Varian Statue Comic http://eu.media5.battle.net/cms/gall...6051942976.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    so i can pwn noobs
    and i have no friends

NPR talked about WoW on the radio today. They mentioned that people can continue to play because its full of tiny incremental achievements, so your always rewarded for doing something. There's always a new reward to go for or a new achievement or a new mount or new rep to get exalted etc etc.

I play wow because theres always always SOMETHING to do, even if you occasionally get bored. vs console games...$60 for maybe a months worth of game play (if that) until you've done everything you possibly can do, you've replayed it 5 times or more, and its just simply boring because you did it all.

Wow is very cost effective for the shear amount of game play quantity there is to do, and while ill occasionally get bored cause im too lazy to work toward something i haven't done yet, I have never felt like i had nothing to do, other than my own decision to not do it.

Essentially because of wow i can spend $15 a month, and get around the same entertainment that id have to spend $60 or more every 1-2 months for console games.

Fill time. I don't watch Tv and seeing as I have a job and so do my friends; going out every night is not an option. So when i have time I am either on wow, ps3, or xbox. Usually i am only on the consoles when i have bought a new game.

People need a hobby, some people take fishing,making tiny models,golf etc etc

My hobby is WoW (mostly games but WoW is No.1 )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

For someone with no job or social life (me), games like these give me a sense of everyday progression, and some company along the way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Primarily because of friends. It's also a good time-sink, and I do have an addiction to video games...

wow gives something unique to my life and friends ive met a lot of people this way and has united a lot of friends in RL were almost making a Guild of Rl friends and thats just great

Largely the same reason as Ccombustable. I used to spend anywhere from $30-$120 a month on console games, each of which would entertain me for 3-4 weeks, maybe 5-6 if there was a LOT to do. Now I spend $15 a month for a form of entertainment that gives even more net playtime than those console games I used to enjoy.

Also, I now have a reasonable number of in-game friends who I enjoy socializing with. That helps prompt me to continue playing, along with continual ways to improve and progress.

I also happen to be a BIT of an altaholic (I have 5 80s and a mage on the way- I don't play a bunch of alts at once, but I usually start a new one once one hits 80), and that always gives me something to do. I've tapered off with Cata coming, though.

For all the bitches it attracts.

/endsarcasm

Pwn Alliance.

Sometimes there is nothing else to do in small little coastal towns in the middle of no where...

10+ Year Old Account
    to fill the gap between life and death

jk, its just a fun game, and if a game is fun i play it

Deleted
    I get Lonely and Bored up in my Ha'tak Mothership waiting for the rest of the fleet to arrive so when i have nothing to do i just play wow >.>

the ability to immerse myself in a giant mythical world and the fun gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    wow is fun

It's exciting! I like to challenge myself. I know the NFL Superpros on the boards will laugh at me, but performing well in the game is not easy for me. I have serious difficulty keeping track of spatial relationships and perceiving depth, especially among moving objects. On top of that, I'm horrible at multitasking.

That's why I like PvP, it forces me to confront a lot of things I have difficulty with. When I manage to do something effective and not get curbstomped, I feel like I really achieved something personally.

There's also, of course, that I can run around as a giant frumpy cowgirl furry stomping on things. Can't do that IRL.