Thread: A neat idea imo

10+ Year Old Account

A neat idea imo

I had a idea come to my head while driving home tonight and I wanted to share it with my fellow hunters. I just want to say this is entirely in no way meant to be taken seriously and is not a "qq" thread give us more abilities or anything, this is just a thread that I wanted to make to show you guys an idea of mine and get your input on it, any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!

I also want to add that I am an avid follower of this forum and while Im sure I'll get flamed for posting something so far in advance of any relevant topics, that the idea is fresh in my mind right now and I feel it best to post it while it is still there. So without further wait, here's my lvl90 hunter idea :]

--In the next expansion hunters "Survival" tree will be removed and replaced with "Poacher", this new tree will focus on sinister ways of tricking enemies and exploiting weaknesses in your enemies to get the most out of your damage and see them fall quickly.

-The final tier talent in the new tree will grant the hunter with the new ability of dual wielding the 2 new items in game, pistols and one-handed crossbows. In addition to this, the hunter will now no longer be able to use 2h "stat sticks" and use only 1h daggers/axes...etc, the off-hand will be one pistol/xbow and then the range slot will be the other. Additionally it would take away your pet, ill explain this later.

-The tree will specialize alot like the rogues assassination tree, hunters that use this spec will not use scopes like the marksman and beast master trees, instead they will use poisons and different kinds of ammo. How this will work is every pistol will come with a slot, alot like a gem, but gems will obviously not fit, instead ammo is placed there, not like the ammo from before that you had 1000's of stacks, this is a single in game item and every different type of ammo has an additional effect, theorycrafting about these effects will be great feedback i'd love to see. The same goes for poisons and the crossbows.

-The talent trees will increase the effectiveness of the poisons and ammo.

-I think a neat talent that gives 2% extra gold off of beasts would be a cool talent. Since the spec is called "Poacher"

-To further explain the reasoning the last talent takes your pet away is that once you spec completely into this tree animals are no longer your friend, your main goal in life is to take advantage of animals and the last thing you want is one following you around, the premise is that with this talent and you now dual wielding is that you-yourself will pick up the dps your pet brought along and more!

I hope some of you think this idea is cool, whether or not, I appreciate all feedback, I'd love to see more ideas for the tree, thanks for taking the time to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    No.
    I think this about sums it up.

Remember kids: Say no to [hard] drugs, unprotected sex and dual-wield ranged weapons.
    What wet dreams are made of!

I don't see them doing duel wielding ranged weapons. D3's demon hunter can do it so you can get your fix for that there.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the d3 demon hunter is where i got this from, I saw the trailer a few weeks ago and it probably came from that haha, still I think its a cool idea, I stated earlier not to take it seriously but its all in good fun.

That was great. Thank you for the laughs.

Yummy, 2% extra gold from beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    No.
    agreed

Instead of having two separate pistols equipped in two separate slots, why not just ask for a single slot item that has the animation of being dual-wielded pistols. That way they don't have to change game-play and hunters can still get the visual that some people want.

That aside, I'm not a fan of your idea at all. I see no reason to make the change, hunters are a pet class first and foremost. You'd be better off asking for a new class if you want a character without a pet that uses ranged weapons.

you know, i really tried to be open minded to the idea, but i ended up hating it. sorry!

I like the cosmetic dual weapon idea that Mordigrim had but not the idea from Demilune1. It however was a creative way to think so I give you two thumbs up. I have many bad ideas myself example the next new hero class should be a Dragon Slayer(name bad already lol) the main idea was that one tree would be a melee only class that had a kinda trap like mechanic built in, this is the Stalker tree. Next tree the Hunter tree would be a 100% ranged weapon class ( in both trees they have something that changes the weapon specialization the toon has). The final tree Kin tree you are a magic/melee tree that has draconic abilities. (See told you I have bad ideas lol)

Sounds very fanboy-ish, and terrible. Poacher is against everything being a hunter stands for, and is a horrible idea.

I thought it was kinda cool. A few aspects of it at least. Like the dual wielding idea with the ranged weapons. Thats one of the most requested weapons next to whips.