Poll: Should the CD be removed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86 View Post
    This isn't about RP, this is about the same mentality blizz supposedly had when they switched hunters from mana to focus, or when they gave warriors and druids rage as a resource. It doesn't cost mana to shoot a bow, the angrier hulk is, the angrier hulk should smash. The same can be said about what is supposed to be the fastest reacting close-range fighter in the game, they aren't supposed to be idiots, don't make something like turning your head and wailing on an enemy something that can only be done efficiently once a minute - that's just stupid.

The game mechanics completely support the ability to either carry your combo points with you (which blizz won't allow), or redirect to whatever enemy you want to focus on. Are there any valid reasons that a skill that has potential to be both useful and fun, is on a 1 minute cooldown, and if so - why we have it instead of something else? So far it's been mentioned that you might have an instant KS, which is already possible in other forms that require less work than building combo points on one enemy and swapping to another. (such as premed + ambush followed by KS).
    combo points are supposed to reflect u in combat with target setting them up for a big ability by predicting your targets movement etc. if you change targets you should lose the combo you were setting them up for that is the entire reson u los CP, redirect is just a cool bonus that really has no RP involved.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    This will not be relevant at all to rated BG's which probably around as large as the arena base, but, like I said the ONLY arena setting in which having the ability to attack one target and then throw a stun on another would be possibly overpowered 2's. In 3's and 5's you would have a lot of DR to take into account and the other team trying to CC you as well.

What is blind burst anyway? When you burst something you are by the very nature of the term focus firing something. It would also usually imply two or more parties involved because it's hard to burst as just one player unless you are combat and that only really forms cheese comps.
    cleaveteams, blind burst is when you just tunnel someone from 100% -0

focused burst is when you capitalize on a players mistake or force a situation to move for the kill.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

This is a very good point, and warlocks can even get a glyph that makes it so the dots stay on the target, but, it gives soul swap a 10 second cd. Which means you could have dots up on three targets for a short period of time that basically cost you 2cds.
    except the dps difference between an affliction lock and any rogue is pretty large.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    except the dps difference between an affliction lock and any rogue is pretty large.
    Since when? Warlocks were on par with rogues in 3.3.5 and they are ahead of rogues now. They have always been very close to rogues all expansion.

Since when? Warlocks were on par with rogues in 3.3.5 and they are ahead of rogues now. They have always been very close to rogues all expansion.
    is this affliction or destruction? asking because i havent seen a affliction lock in a long ass time and dont know what they are capable of.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    is this affliction or destruction? asking because i havent seen a affliction lock in a long ass time and dont know what they are capable of.
    In naxx i believe it floated around some and I think even demo was best at some point. In ulduar I know at some point Afflic was best, but destro was good too. In ICC in 3.3.5 it was the best DPS spec with destro and demo close. I don't know what it is now.

i like the change they made so that you can spend the "wasted" combo points when your target dies early, I'm never going to use redirect, it's useless, but this is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    ROFLBURST AND ROFLBURST.
    Wow...that's going to be the name for my new arena team in catayclysm. Sounds like a team of lawyers specializing in pwnage-related cases...

"have you been pwned? Are all your leet gearz broken because you were ganked you right after you pulled a mob? Were you corpse-camped for hours causing you severe emotional trauma? We can help. Call Roflburst & Roflburst, and we'll get you the gold you deserve!"

Deleted
    People mention about combo points passive on the rogue, that would make them a self buff.

Combo points are a debuff, and redirect moves the debuff.

Why has no one suggested the idea of being able to passively move the debuff? That would give the same out come, and it is just about explainable.

Why not just have redirect as a passive ability, learnt at level 81? We still have other debuffs to worry about such as bleeds or deadly poison.

I don't think you can really count them as a debuff, since multiple rogues can all have their combo points on the boss, whereas a debuff - only one existance of it can exist (with exception to DoTs/Bleeds).

I wouldn't really call it a buff either though, it's closer to maelstrom weapon charges, you can use them without being fully stacked, it's just not as beneficial. The difference though, is that MW charges are on the shaman, visible in the buff bar.

I do not advocate making it a passive carry-with-the-rogue thing, I think the points should be consciously moved from target to target if that's what you want to do. Re-direct could accomplish that, making gameplay more actively involved, if it didn't have a 1 minute cooldown.

Bwah?!?! Lol you retarded? I hate to mention this again, but, we were not the top dps of any raid in this expansion with the exceptions of LOLOPMUT, and broken sub. YOU COULD ALMOST count ToGC, but, there were not any sit and beat on boss fights so we stayed even with most classes. Besides even that it wasn't just casters who were ahead in 3.3.5 ICC it was every class with S-mourne and even warriors and DK's who were frost. Also Hunters we were favored to be the highest dps class period. Feral druids in Ulduar for almost all of it. Fury warriors in Naxx.

Saying "LOL HASTE GOT OUT OF HAND" is a ridiculous cop-out if blizzard actually tried to use this as an excuse. There are so many knobs you can tweak to tone damage down. People act like mechanics have to be set in stone or something, or if mechanics are bad for a class that doesn't mean their dps has to be bad they just need more damage from abilities.
    "Lol OP Mut"?
    So if I preferred playing Frost as a mage, I'd still be topping out all Rogues on DPS?
    You make no sense.

Additionally, if you need to swap to the add, you swap your BG and Combo over to the boss as the add dies. Your only other option is to NOT DPS the add; in which case you're a Rogue who cares solely about DPS numbers regardless of the target associated with them.
    Last edited by Minky; 2010-11-11 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    "Lol OP Mut"?
    So if I preferred playing Frost as a mage, I'd still be topping out all Rogues on DPS?
    You make no sense.

Additionally, if you need to swap to the add, you swap your BG and Combo over to the boss as the add dies. Your only other option is to NOT DPS the add; in which case you're a Rogue who cares solely about DPS numbers regardless of the target associated with them.
    I believe by LOLOPMUT he meant when they changed DP and HfB was still 15% base, and not talking about just being mut spec.

Why would you try to redirect back to the boss? Thats stupid. You will lose possibly moderate or high insight on the swap and swap back with probably only low insight. Adds are pretty much priority dps targets (at least for those who are suppose to be dpsing them), so you would switch and do abysmal dps to the add if you did it your way...

As far as not switching, it might be worth looking into. If its possible to kill the add without the rogue, and the rogue has high insight and no redirect, it could very well be better to have the rogue sit on the boss. Similar to how most mut rogues were allowed to sit on LDW during p1 and ignore adds (there were also some spots where having the ret paladins not swap was a good plan as well). Losing a 30% damage buff is quite significant, so yeah you might want to plan with your raid about avoiding dropping it.

Edit: Also, I haven't seen a top mage play frost on something like saurfang. I wouldn't entirely rule it out that some of those 28k+ mages could in fact beat the rogues as frost.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2010-11-11 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I believe by LOLOPMUT he meant when they changed DP and HfB was still 15% base, and not talking about just being mut spec.

Why would you try to redirect back to the boss? Thats stupid. You will lose possibly moderate or high insight on the swap and swap back with probably only low insight. Adds are pretty much priority dps targets (at least for those who are suppose to be dpsing them), so you would switch and do abysmal dps to the add if you did it your way...

As far as not switching, it might be worth looking into. If its possible to kill the add without the rogue, and the rogue has high insight and no redirect, it could very well be better to have the rogue sit on the boss. Similar to how most mut rogues were allowed to sit on LDW during p1 and ignore adds (there were also some spots where having the ret paladins not swap was a good plan as well). Losing a 30% damage buff is quite significant, so yeah you might want to plan with your raid about avoiding dropping it.

Edit: Also, I haven't seen a top mage play frost on something like saurfang. I wouldn't entirely rule it out that some of those 28k+ mages could in fact beat the rogues as frost.
    Yes that is what I meant by LOLOPMUT. I assumed most people would remember that period of time. I also used both of the examples to illustrate the fact that the only times we were truly the highest dps in this expansion was when we were broken or buffed to the point of brokenness.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-11-12 at 03:32 AM.