Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool [Idea] Power Word: Barrier - Implemented!

isntead of absorbing, for 1 sec! when cast in icc, they could change it to something like reduces all dmg taken by 30% more or less for x amount of secs. this way it woudnt be so useless and dissapear in a sec

Titled changed since....it was implemented. Do you work for Blizzard, 06icb? ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-11-10 at 12:14 PM.

You mean PW barrier?

I'm with you on the bandwagon that PWB needs tweaking, but turning it into an AOE pain suppression would be more than a bit OP. It's actually somewhat functional if used properly, the problem being that scenarios where it can be effective are very few and far between, at least in current raiding content.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish my barrier looked different from an alliance's.
    When I'm PvPing and I put my bubble up and theres another disc priest on the other team, everyone gets confused and runs into the wrong bubble. :\

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it needs a mechanic change. Just number tweaking...if it's needed at 85.

Raising the SP co-ef would be a bit powerful in PvP, so I think they should reduce the CD to 1 or 1.5m.

Just keep it so I can use it with PW:S to Divne Shield -> Hearth.

Though if I had to suggest a mechanic change, make it so it gives a separate absorb for each player (up to 8 players). So, in a way it scales with location: raids/BG, 5 mans and then Arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I just wish my barrier looked different from an alliance's.
    When I'm PvPing and I put my bubble up and theres another disc priest on the other team, everyone gets confused and runs into the wrong bubble. :\
    Hmm, very interesting suggestion.

PW:B needs some sort of change so that it is more useful on PVE fights, but not too much else it could become OP in PVP. Hard to balance.

what they may do is add an additionnal component to pw:b that persists even after pw:b damage absorb cap has been reached.

1% max hp per 5 healing aura for instance. nice to get but not that overpowered (or is it?)

3mins cd for 1 second for the last talent of disco priests on pve its sad. I dont test it on pvp yet to see if its good or bad but at least the 3 minutes cd deserve a better ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but I thought they lowered it to 2 minutes, so my post was suggesting they make it a 1m/1.5m CD.

I'm surprised and confused at it still being 3 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I don't know why but I thought they lowered it to 2 minutes, so my post was suggesting they make it a 1m/1.5m CD.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post

Its 2 minutes on beta but 3 on live.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

I think it's 2 mins on beta. On live we're still stuck way back somewhere... That doesn't change the fact that 2 minutes is too long however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 06icb View Post
    isntead of absorbing, for 1 sec! when cast in icc, they could change it to something like reduces all dmg taken by 30% more or less for x amount of secs. this way it woudnt be so useless and dissapear in a sec
    Well fuck me sideways.

Power Word: Barrier duration reduced to 10 sec, down from 25 sec. No longer absorbs a given amount of damage, now reduces all damage done to friendly targets by 30%. While within the barrier, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage.

I liked the old one MUCH better. I'm sorry everyone kept putting it on tanks and watching it disappear quickly, but absorbing damage instead of reducing damage was significantly more useful. Now this thing lasts for 10 seconds? Big deal. Probably would have been better casting PoH instead of using a GCD and targeting the ground.

I hope they at least make it castable on a person to make it a mobile shield. Otherwise this is a POS.

Deleted
    This way PWB is easier to balance between PvP and PvE.

Absorbing 50.000 damage in Arenas = potentially OP

Absorbing 50.000 damage in Raids = underwhelming.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2010-11-10 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Awesome , i guess Blizz like looking at MMO too then !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    This way PWB is easier to balance between PvP and PvE.
    Yeah, but there were other ways to do it.

Now this is an over-powered under-powered spell. We can't ask for a lower cooldown anymore because You were fine with Pain Suppression having a long cooldown, why should you care about Barrier having a similar length when it covers multiple people?

And it's just boring and doesn't really gain much use unless there's heavy AoE stages such as BQL's Whirlwind, etc.

The old version was a better life saver in PvP. This one is, well, like Pain Suppression.

This version is great for PvE however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    The old version was a better life saver in PvP. This one is, well, like Pain Suppression.

This version is great for PvE however.
    That actually depends on the situation really, for example,
    its stationary and theres several abilties to remove you from it
    it used to give you ~50% extra health for 25 seconds
    it will save you if you get hit by a REALLY strong attack

But yeah, your right, its better for PvE now, but who said we werent fine in PvP before?
    Plus a Pain Suppression for your whole 5v5 team? Yummy

Deleted
    Wonder if the New PW Barrier will stack with Pain Suppression ? for example..Barrier over the Tank and Melee with PS on Tank also [70% dmg reduction]...Glyph on the barrier will help greatly with topping Tank up too...maby that would be asking too much for them to stack )