Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    @Ultima
    Isn't this the second time you disagree with a new idea for a spell, and then some few days later the spell gets changed (remember Leap of Faith)? Perhaps destiny, God or what ever believe tries to tell you something:

You need to listen to everybody, and always give everyone a chance.
    I think you have the cause and effect backwards, actually. I have a feeling the Dev's did it just to spite him.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Thats, just silly...
    I provide the following clip to prove why PW: B was a bad idea yesterday,
    Warcraft Movies
    Go to 4:55 and see how silly its potential was
    (Incase you dont want to watch it, a Disc Priest has 2,7k hp, pops PW:B and his health doesnt go downwards the next 10 seconds, with a Rogue on his back...)
    You could call it a Divine Shield, at least against dualwielding opponents
    /facepalm

This is exactly why it needed to stay the way it was. It was pretty much the only thing going for them atm. You can't look at one part of one clip then pop on the forums to tell me that all is fine mate.

Thats, just silly...

Quote Originally Posted by realness View Post
    /facepalm

This is exactly why it needed to stay the way it was. It was pretty much the only thing going for them atm. You can't look at one part of one clip then pop on the forums to tell me that all is fine mate.

Thats, just silly...
    Oh Im sorry...
    But that is the single one available clip of Discipline Priests doing arena PvP at level 85, and lots of the other "opponents" dont really show anything worthwhile. And since when was it ok for Discipline Priests to be awarded an AoE Divine Shield on a 2 minute cooldown against Rogues, Enhancement Shamans, 1H Fury Warriors, Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests which only way to break was to dps enough, wait it out or pull targets out of its radius

And there has not been any proper complaints on Discipline Priest PvP, because well, not many play them on beta, no one posts any video footage of it and we JUST recieved a proper buff to Grace aswell to fix our solo target healing
    Dont go and claim that you know how its like in arena with nothing to prove me otherwise
    Also, theyre not loosing fights over and over because theyre bad or dont have enough tools to do it, since in Shipleys video, the only real problem his Priest is struck by is going oom (His Priest doesnt utilize PW:B nor Leap of Faith properly anyways)

Its incredibly hard to find a proper Discipline video from beta, which is either not up to date, or played inefficiently and none of them cover anything but PvE
    Last edited by Ansa; 2010-11-11 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, by all means give disc a second potential tank CD. Slap it in melee range for +happiness to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Hey, by all means give disc a second potential tank CD. Slap it in melee range for +happiness to tank.
    Considering how many "Algalons" we're having, I don't think multiple tank cooldowns are really as awesome as raid cooldowns at this point. It has use like that, sure, but it's going to show Discipline Priests stepping up and knowing where/when to use it.

Those that do are going to bloody shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I suppose me being Beta-less, I'm still believing ye olden days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Oh Im sorry...
    But that is the single one available clip of Discipline Priests doing arena PvP at level 85, and lots of the other "opponents" dont really show anything worthwhile. And since when was it ok for Discipline Priests to be awarded an AoE Divine Shield on a 2 minute cooldown against Rogues, Enhancement Shamans, 1H Fury Warriors, Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests which only way to break was to dps enough, wait it out or pull targets out of its radius

And there has not been any proper complaints on Discipline Priest PvP, because well, not many play them on beta, no one posts any video footage of it and we JUST recieved a proper buff to Grace aswell to fix our solo target healing
    Dont go and claim that you know how its like in arena with nothing to prove me otherwise
    Also, theyre not loosing fights over and over because theyre bad or dont have enough tools to do it, since in Shipleys video, the only real problem his Priest is struck by is going oom (His Priest doesnt utilize PW:B nor Leap of Faith properly anyways)

Its incredibly hard to find a proper Discipline video from beta, which is either not up to date, or played inefficiently and none of them cover anything but PvE
    They're in a bad state, and what you said about the mana problems is true. I'm sure they will get fixed. However in regards to PvP this change was a step in a whole different direction. Period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    @Ultima
    Isn't this the second time you disagree with a new idea for a spell, and then some few days later the spell gets changed (remember Leap of Faith)? Perhaps destiny, God or what ever believe tries to tell you something:

You need to listen to everybody, and always give everyone a chance.
    Good point. Quickly, someone suggest that Lightwell should become decent so I can shoot it down and have it implemented by the end of the week.

We might be onto something here.

Though, to be completely serious, as I am a Moderator, I did not shoot down their idea. I offered my point of view in a very matter of fact manner and then contemplated the possibility of the mechanic being altered and offered an alternative mechanic as well. I think it's quite unfair and hard to compare it to the LoF discussion.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-11-11 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Justice

I liked the old version better
    Especially the buffed version, the absorbs ~50k but no more then ~9k at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    I liked the old version better
    Especially the buffed version, the absorbs ~50k but no more then ~9k at a time
    You mean the bugged version, where each individual tick of damage coming in counted as the "no more than" maximum, so it disappeared the first five hits in the combat log?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PW:B actually costs a lot of mana AND requires quite a special arena situation to be used in (i mean the old version) so it wasn't frequently used and the new version imho is almost exclusively for PvE

I like this new design a hell of a lot more but... it's one less thing Mastery effects.

This is an absolutely disastrous change for PvP, Disc needs a serious overhaul for PvP right now not some awful change based on PvE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleadolph View Post
    This is an absolutely disastrous change for PvP, Disc needs a serious overhaul for PvP right now
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    How so?
    Erm? The only thing Disc had going for it at 85 was PW:B. It absorbed a large amount of damage, it served very well as an 'oh shit' button if someone was about to die. It was really the only 'oh shit' button Disc had, PS did nothing really because the target was still taking damage and you could barely heal up vs the incoming damage without raping your mana pool and Penance does a laughable amount of healing. I don't see how you can not realise how this is a dreadful change which puts Disc PvP in an even worse place than it was before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Disc PvP pretty good before Power Word: Barrier? I'm not sure how it being changed should effect it so much.

Maybe all the numbers aren't finished, and even if they are, they can be adjusted at the snap of a finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncleadolph View Post
    Erm? The only thing Disc had going for it at 85 was PW:B. It absorbed a large amount of damage, it served very well as an 'oh shit' button if someone was about to die. It was really the only 'oh shit' button Disc had, PS did nothing really because the target was still taking damage and you could barely heal up vs the incoming damage without raping your mana pool and Penance does a laughable amount of healing. I don't see how you can not realise how this is a dreadful change which puts Disc PvP in an even worse place than it was before.
    Well if the damage reduction of 40% wasnt enough to even consider Priests viable, you might aswell skip all resilience gear and just go for spirit so you can stand in the back and just spam away...
    Theres no real reason except the same ones that are visible on the PvE front that a Discipline Priest would be so far behind that theyre useless
    There has never been a season where at least someone has been able to play super high in arena with every "viable" specc (Viable meaning that its not a tanking specc or something that doesnt have ANY utility)

Hold your panties really, theres still stuff coming in the beta and the old Barrier was overpowered against low damage/dualwielders

Ultima, yes Disc was fine before 4.0.1. It is fine at 4.0.1, but then again what isn't? What I am talking about is lvl 85, at which Disc is abysmal in PvP. It has by far the worst survivability, mana regen, escape mechanics, healing output of all the healers. Even the niche that Disc used to fill, mana burn/damage, has been made redundant. It is impossible to make any impact with mana burn as it burns so little and you OOM yourself faster than you burn the enemy and our damage is no stronger than any other healer and they can actually do it more as they have better survivability and heals (=less time needed healing -> more time dpsing)

Ansa, whilst PW:B was OP vs dual wielders/Dot classes this was only due to implementation. Slight changes could have solved this, not a huge overhaul of it. And I hate to think that it being OP was their real reason for change, because Holy Paladins are in a disgusting state (= OP) in the beta and have been like that the whole time and are still like it. Disc was still weak before the nerf and PW:B was the only thing going for them, I can't imagine Blizzard would see nerfing Disc as a priority.

Plus, now is the best time to express concern about issues like this. Because they are more likely to change things when it is in a beta state as they really should have some form of balance in place at release. I'm certain that they will buff Disc in time before release, but what I am concerned about is the way in which they are doing it. They seem to be doing all the wrong things, which is slightly concerning.

PW: Barrier just doesn't seem as sexy as I thought it would be. From the long CD, to the small size of the bubble it's entirely too gimpy and situational to feel like a vital talent.

I see by the posts it's CD is shorter on Beta, but with the change shouldn't the area is cover be a bit bigger? I don't want it to be Aura Mastery, but Aura Mastery has a very similiar affect and covers a much much larger area. I mean come on something that calls itself a Barrier shouldn't be some tiny wimpy golden bubble that you get to use once per encounter.

Currently on Live the only time I've really felt it worth it's weight is on the LK infest if everyone is clumped up, heroic BQ for bolts or if a tank needs another CD. I just thought it would be so much more a defining talent for disc and it's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Good point. Quickly, someone suggest that Lightwell should become decent so I can shoot it down and have it implemented by the end of the week.

We might be onto something here.

Though, to be completely serious, as I am a Moderator, I did not shoot down their idea. I offered my point of view in a very matter of fact manner and then contemplated the possibility of the mechanic being altered and offered an alternative mechanic as well. I think it's quite unfair and hard to compare it to the LoF discussion.
    Yeah, you did behave more nicely this time. It seems like you leaened something from previous time. Just keep Yo the good work.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I think you have the cause and effect backwards, actually. I have a feeling the Dev's did it just to spite him.
    Yeah, I thought the same, but come on. How much can someone hate Ultima? He (or should I say a Kel?) isn't that bad afterall. :P