Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Not counting EG procs. most healers can't even do an instant 25k heal lol.
    i did count the eg proc,because it is effectively cutting its cd by 30% in an average fight.
    ofcourse you can have a string of lucky procs,but if rng is with you ,you can also dodge 9 times in a row,does this mean that dodge is op?

nd btw,blizzard buffing stamina recently,blizz wanting tanks to survive longer instead of getting 2 shotted in 2 secs,you fighting practically an untertuned normal boss encounter even are all factors against your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    @ OP: You get a new hair cut, chief?

hahaha I actually LOL at this

---------- Post added 2010-11-07 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daladiesman View Post
    i did count the eg proc,because it is effectively cutting its cd by 30% in an average fight.
    ofcourse you can have a string of lucky procs,but if rng is with you ,you can also dodge 9 times in a row,does this mean that dodge is op?

nd btw,blizzard buffing stamina recently,blizz wanting tanks to survive longer instead of getting 2 shotted in 2 secs,you fighting practically an untertuned normal boss encounter even are all factors against your claim.

I think once you get through the initial sessions of an English class I might be able to know what you just said. Even with no RNG 2 HP WoG heals are better than what some healing are putting out under pressure.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    So, we're just going to do some simple maths here to compare (because yelling "DAT SPELL IZ SO OP" when others tanks might have exactly the same thing, yeah sure, very constructive).

We are going to take some random numbers here because i don't know the real values on beta.

Say that druid get 20k AP when fully buffed with Vengeance, then, we assume that with 0 mastery, he will absorb 7k damage on each strike (because of misses and dodges, we are going to assume that his shield has nearly 100% uptime, they do a lot of crit).

Assuming a boss 2sec swing timer, with ~50% dodges+misses, it's 5 hits taken by the druid, each hit reduced by 7k damage, this makes 30k damage reduction, add to this the heal for Lotp, 4 Lotp heals in a 18sec time window, it's 24% of his health recovered over this 20sec, as i don't know how many hp druid get, i'll assume that they have 100k hp. This is 54k heal+absorb over 20sec.

Now, same with a prot pally. We assume that Prot paly will be able to throw 3 WoG in thoses 20sec window, with 20k WoG heal, it's 60k+ in a 20sec window.

Now, the fact that druid mastery increase the amount absorbed by SD, they will get ever more bigger absorption numbers, while our will remain almost stable.

OP you said ?
    Ok, if you going to factor in savage defense, don't forget to factor in the chance to reduce any boss hit by 30% with block. of course high dodge on druids does 100% reduction but you're using 'druid block' as i like to call it since it was obviously implemented do to the druids lack of dmg prevention that the other classes had.
    DON'T PANIC -Douglas Adams

That seems to point up a significant difference between Europeans and Americans. A European says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with me?" An American says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?" -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    I did review the whole video and what I heard when you pulled after the druid dc'd at 1:40 was "Fuckit I don't need a healer..should a paladin tank be able to solo a heroic boss for a minute?" Only slightly paraphrased anyone else can watch the video and listen to the commentary. Let's talk about threat as an issue then. If you use holy power strictly for healing? how does this affect your threat generation? Which abilities are you sacrificing to heal yourself? Also with tank health pools at 200k in epics, 140k is not even a full health bar. I think you also need to realize that procs are deadly to tanking progression bosses. The fact is..without CD's your healing would not have kept you alive. So you are simply looking at unbalanced beta numbers and thinking that the healing is op.. If you look at the other parses from top guilds it is not out of line.

So my argument would be "Hey, guys Look I can heal myself. Oh dang the lock died because of aggro." I do not see the threat mechanic discussed in your video.

Here I go from 1:00 of 3HP + sotr rotation to WoG healing and tell me if I lose aggro...

Do you even know how Vengeance affects our other abilities?

You are saying one class is overpowered but with no other class to compare to,you figured out new mechanics for tanking,good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That car is expensive.
    This distance if far.
    It's hot.
    Word of Glory is overpowered.

All of these things should be compared to others.
    A car is expensive compared to another one, a distance is far compared to another one, the temperature is hot compared to winter.
    And in the same thought, WoG can only be overpowered compared to other tanking-abilities from other classes.

If you would start to calculate things, you'd find that parry, dodge and block are much more powerfull.
    So how can WoG be overpowered?
    Once again you're not readin the previous post looking at everything WoG can do. You are just saying compare compare compare when you yourself do not understand all the aspects of WoG.

I think once you get through the initial sessions of an English class I might be able to know what you just said.
    amazing ad hominem attack because of a typo,you are really a desperate little worm.

15+ Year Old Account
    a discussion should work 2 ways, not just your own.