Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I know there is a minor glyph for Shaman that allows them to turn into a white tundra wolf instead of the "normal" ghost wolf; no other purpose than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    No, any good pvper will have enemy name plates up, and will notice which mage to focus on. In addition, the mage will be the only one with a shield.
    Not all in pvp are good players.
    Anything which can provide a distraction can be useful, even vs better players in the heat of the moment, particularly when otherwise preoccupied with someone else.

going back to the first original post.. cos this is a warlock forum.. and not about mirror images mage abilities.. blizzard will probably not give us a green fire glyph because its not essential... not essential means less work for them.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Glyph of the Arctic Wolf - wowhead.com/item=43386
    Glyph of the Penguin - wowhead.com/item=43361
    Glyph of the Monkey - wowhead.com/item=43360

And that's just off the top of my head. Green fire as an option would be nice.
    Mercy has no meaning to me.
    Common Sense and Common Courtesy should both be renamed; neither are very common anymore.

OP, i'm not really sure what your going on about.
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

I reckon the whole glyph thing is unrelated, they should just make all Warlock fire green automatically.

They stated once that they don't want to add a cosmetic glyph because nobody would take it instead of dps increasing minor glyphs.
    Because in WotLK (I know it's already so long ago) it wasn't that cleary seperated and some minor glyphs were indeed dps boosts. Still the argument was always weak.
    After a while they came back to the issue and stated that they have problems implementing it. True or not, that is an explaination we can't attack - Well we can if we're morons and assume to know how easy it is to implement some feature. (And yes there will be people who do that...)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Green Fire is more of a cultural joke than an actual change request
    2) We have two green fire spells - Fel Fire and Chaos Bolt
    3) Immolate, soul fire, and incinerate are supposed to be red - these are spells without any influence of the Burning Legion/Demons

Changing our spell colors is not as easy as changing a model due to their infrastructure.

R.I.P. YARG

For what it's worth, as my first post, I remember reading a blue on this on the official wow forums (I am a slight forum stalker).
    Something similar to not wanting to make a glyph purely cosmetic, but I'm pretty sure people here have explained why things have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    As I said, it makes it a little more difficult to spot the mage, doesn't mean it's a SYA glyph in PvP.
    Fireballs and Arcane Blasts do not slow like the Frost Bolts from your mirror images do. So, no, it doesnt help in PvP. It is counter productive.

OT: Find the blue post then show it.

Glyph of Polymporph: penguin.

Explain how that isn't purely cosmetic.

Or Glyph of the Tundra Wolf for Shaman's ghost wolf?

There are more. If anyone thinks a majority of the minor glyphs aren't cosmetic, they have something wrong with their head. That's why they're minor.

Prime = straight increase to main abilities
    Major = lower increases for secondary abilities, and some mechanic changes
    Minor = cosmetic and superficial changes

Ok I think I sort of found the quote (not exactly what I remembered but close!). It was a part of the Class Q&A, by Eyonix.

"Q. Green fire for spells has been something that's often requested by warlocks. Would we consider adding this into the game, possibly in the form of a minor glyph so that we're not forcing it on players who may not desire their fire spells to be green?

A.We wouldn’t do it through a minor glyph. Originally, we were going to make the minor glyphs mostly cosmetic like this, but as we evolved the glyph feature we found that some spells just didn’t make sense to have a major glyph, so these became minors. We definitely understand some (many? all?) warlocks would love to have green fire and we’ll try and find a cool way to deliver on this. At this point, we’d probably rather do it with a flashy new spell rather than just change up an existing one, but we’ll have to see. As with the new druid forms, after waiting so long, we’d want to do it right
    ."

Quote Originally Posted by mordred69 View Post
    Seems you might still be 4 with that reply...
    Assuming you didn't even get the point: spare me with your dumbness.

Personally I think it would be wrong for a level 1 (or level 10 etc) Warlock to be casting Fel Fire at whim. It's meant to be the defining (and corrupting) magic of the Burning Legion. If you can't kill an "elder mottled boar" you've got no business mainlining evil.

Instead, only the most powerful warlocks have the experience and willpower to master it, and (for the time being) only in small doses (summoning infernals, fel flame).

I'm hoping that progression past 85 will introduce more, and that the "greenness" of Warlocks' flames will continue to develop as a visual marker for their power and command of demonic forces.

It's not like this is a game where we can be evil. We can only play a DK (in the "present") redeemed by Morgraine, we can't play an evil Scourge DK. Similarly we can't play a Warlock who's soul is irredeemably lost to the Legion, just one (nominally) on the side of our respective factions, where we're suspiciously tolerated as it is.

For some low level lock to prance about flinging Fel Flame around makes a nonsense of it's supposed power and corrupting influence. Having it as a glyph takes away the meaning of what it signifies and reduces it to a purely cosmetic choice. And after all, without meaning a purely cosmetic request for pink-sparkle-fire is no less valid.

Does the colour of the Shaman's ghost wolf pelt have meanging? Nah, pretty much just cosmetic. Does a mage's chosen polymorph form have meaning? Nah, not really. Admittedly a druid's tree form is a more difficult proposition, but as we've had full-time trees wandering around for years, I can't really work out any deep meaning to use of the glyph.

Green fire is not a meaningless cosmetic choice. Well, that's my lore reason for it anyway.

There's another more spurious play-based reason that occurs to me. So far, Blizz have avoided customisation of spell effects (or armor) for reasons of identification. While the colour of warlock fire may seem innocent, this is one of those lines in the sand which once crossed could be hard to pull back from. If all players could pick what visual effects their spell could use it would play havoc with PvP threat identification. Of course, this is just supposition, and it's arguable that Polymorph is already in breach of the restriction, but personally I think there's possibly some validity to the idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post
    If you can't kill an "elder mottled boar" you've got no business mainlining evil.
    New signature!

R.I.P. YARG

they said:

prime glyphs - better DPS/healing...
    major glyphs - useful stuff...
    minor glyphs - cosmetic/convenience...

so minor glyphs can be cosmetic... just wait a lil more and I think there'll be more cosmetic stuff around...

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    1) Green Fire is more of a cultural joke than an actual change request
    2) We have two green fire spells - Fel Fire and Chaos Bolt
    3) Immolate, soul fire, and incinerate are supposed to be red - these are spells without any influence of the Burning Legion/Demons

Changing our spell colors is not as easy as changing a model due to their infrastructure.
    actually, there are mobs on shadowmoon valley that throw a spell called "fel immolate"... which is a green immolate... we could have that...

and soul fire's description says "burns the target's soul"... which sounds pretty evil/demonic/something I'd like to do with some of my college's professors...

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 03:10 PM ----------

not that I care, since I'm demo and so my spell's colors are purple XP
    Last edited by Mortis Darkskull; 2010-11-09 at 05:09 PM.
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3