Blizzard Downloader redownloading over and over and over..

Basically, for the past week or so, i have been opening my WoW Laucher where i find that i need to download about 1.5Gb every day.
    I wait for it to download before i play as it lags if i dont, and this takes like an hour (im on fail internet).
    Anyways, after downloading it, having the download complete, i then proceed to play Wow.
    Next day i open the laucher, and there again, another 1.5Gbs to download....or more.
    Its been happening for the past week, and its gettin on my nerves, ive made a post of technical support forums with no help, so thought id try here.
    Litterally just waited 3 hours for 1.5Gbs to download, to log on, get stuck on a loading screen, exit wow, open the laucher, and find i have to download 3Gbs >.>. /Rage

Was wondering if anyone else was having the same issues, or if anyone would know a fix?

Thanks.

Sounds liek you have some bad sectors on your hard drive... and after it downloads and tries to install it errs out.. then relogging the Luancher doesn;t see the new data and starts to downlaod it again

One thing you can try is deleting the CACHE folder INSIDE the data folder (not the one in the root of wow) but not the DATA folder itself

No luck, didnt work.
    And on top of that, keep gettin stuck on loading screens...
    And occasionally getting a WoW.mfil error :S

/cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried running the repair utility? Aside from that, a re-install may be needed.

rightclick the drive that wow is installed on, go to properties and tools, do an errorcheck and check "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    If it tells you there are bad sectors your disk needs to be replaced.

/edit
    If you are running windows that is :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe try dowloading the patch and running the repair tool? just an idea as i dont know if it will try and repair non-implemented patches
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
    rightclick the drive that wow is installed on, go to properties and tools, do an errorcheck and check "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    If it tells you there are bad sectors your disk needs to be replaced.

/edit
    If you are running windows that is :P
    Im clueless with computers, but when you say "disk needs to be replaced." does that mean a component in my computer or something?
    Like i said, im clueless with computers :P
    But ive reinstalled wow the day 4.0.1 came out as it wouldnt install, and used repair too tones of times.
    Thanks all for the suggestions tho.
    Currently about to run an errorcheck on my whole C drive :P

start the launcher as admin and WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Caztiell View Post
    Im clueless with computers, but when you say "disk needs to be replaced." does that mean a component in my computer or something?
    But ive reinstalled wow the day 4.0.1 came out as it wouldnt install, and used repair too tones of times.
    Once you do that, (if it doesn't help), follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265 and then follow the guide there to run a full disk error check. You could also try defragmenting, but I don't see that doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Tried starting Launcher in admin, no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Caztiell View Post
    If you get bad sectors on a disk it means that parts of the harddisk (where you store the data, big bricklike component) has been damaged somehow, either from the factory or by other means (magnets, fall damage and so on) and needs to be replaced with another one.
    Usually you can get to some of the data but some will be lost. If you have anything important on the disk I suggest taking backups asap.

/edit
    Usually you notice bad sectors elsewhere as well, specially if its the system drive ( C: ). file copy errors, frequent bluescreens, windows taking ages to start and so on.
    Last edited by Krysia; 2010-11-07 at 06:03 PM.

Is there a way for me to not have to re-download the 15Gb 4.0.1 patch again? >.< If i were to reinstall

Don't think so, before you could just copy the patch file but with the new streaming client there's no such file.

The scan didnt show any bad sectors, so im back to not knowing what the problem is >.< Think i may reinstall, but still, that could all be in vain.
    And with my crappy internet connection (2.2mbps...i live in the middle of no where, so highest i can get) its gunna take days >.<

2.2 mbps isn't that bad, really. Just leave your comp running overnight; it'll take you.. I'd say about 12-14 hours to get everything up and running. Painful, yes, but really not too bad. It only downloads the x-4.0.0 now, too. No more of that 3.0.0-3.0.1-3.0.2....soonandsoforth.. nonsense.

And now whenever i log in im getting Error 134 >.> gah....just gunna reinstall, fed up of this :/

Deleted
    Why don't you try moving your WoW folder somewhere else that is not the Program Files folder. I had some problems in the past because in Vista and Win7 the Program Files folder can sometimes make the WoW client to get some errors regarding file permissions of reading/writing. I run Win7 and have my WoW folder under C:/Games/World of Warcraft .

Reinstallin it now, put it in the C drive this time. Hopefully it will be alright after this.

---------- Post added 2010-11-07 at 10:03 PM ----------

And now the Blizzard Installer isnt working....im on 3.3.5 - 4.0 and its just stopped >.> 2 hours and not even 1 % >.>
    Ive made sure all ports are open, turned off peer to peer.
    /cry dunno what to do :<

---------- Post added 2010-11-08 at 12:24 PM ----------

Grr, Blizzard Downloader Wouldnt work, so had to download it from a mirror. Spent all night downloading the mirror for me not to be able to extract the file, so im back to having nothing....
    Trying to download another one, whether or not it will work, who knows. If not im out of options >.>

---------- Post added 2010-11-08 at 03:32 PM ----------

Downloaded patch and now " Unable to find streaming info for "Data\enGB\expansion1-locale-enGB.MPQ". (OpenRepackTarget::Validate)"

This game HATES me >.>