Deleted

Razer Naga - How to make macros & how they work?

I've been searching answers for these questions from Razer's website and everywhere around the internet, but I don't seem to my find anything.
    So, I want to know how the macros work, how they are made, what are the advantages and how to use them properly in WoW.
    If anyone has experience regarding mouse macros, please share your wisdom!

Additionally we do have full macro capability as well (including delays between commands and such). This does however violate the terms of some MMO-Providers and should be used carefully in these applications.

Pasted from Razer site, what does that mean in general? All mouse macros are violating the terms?
    Last edited by mmoc3e20c849ce; 2010-11-08 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    if you found nothing with a search engine, it's just that those macros are worthless, that or you're just too lazy to really search about it. either way you know what to do.

Deleted
    Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    I've been searching answers for these questions from Razer's website and everywhere around the internet, but I don't seem to my find anything.
    So, I want to know how the macros work, how they are made, what are the advantages and how to use them properly in WoW.
    If anyone has experience regarding mouse macros, please share your wisdom!

Additionally we do have full macro capability as well (including delays between commands and such). This does however violate the terms of some MMO-Providers and should be used carefully in these applications.

Pasted from Razer site, what does that mean in general? All mouse macros are violating the terms?
    This is very similar to N52, G15 or AutoHotkey software(the latter of which I used prolifically to attain maximum DPS when raiding, but with different commands than silly delays.../evillaugh) in that it will automate key presses. Say you macro it to press "1"(the command, not the actual button) in-game with a delay of 50ms per key press. What this will do is repeat "1" in WoW every 50 miliseconds so long as you have your "1" key pressed down. Obviously this works with each key. Personally I used AhK because it was FAR more flexible by allowing you to do just about anything provided you knew how to write the scripts.

NOW, LOOK HERE LOOK HERE LOOK HERE LOOK HERE

It's illegal.

It's illegal.

One more time:

It's illegal.

There's a thread about AutoHotkey on Elitist Jerks and people have posted there that they talked to GM's about specific scripts because they could not function unless you held down your specific key while at the computer, and their scripts incorported repeats on a key-by-key basis...ie you couldn't lay a brick on your keyboard, walk away, and come back 5 minutes later with higher DPS. They reported that GM's said it was "okay", but there are still rules against automation in place. Although it's pretty much stupid to have this fall under automation given how they've made the rotations specs use dynamic rather than linear, the rules are still there.

Use at your own risk. All actions you perform are stored into audit files and can be reviewed at any time. I know Warden didn't pick up on what I used, but that doesn't mean it won't do the same for the software you're talking about. If you're even the slightest bit concerned about being band, stay the hell away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    This is very similar to N52, G15 or AutoHotkey software(the latter of which I used prolifically to attain maximum DPS when raiding, but with different commands than silly delays.../evillaugh) in that it will automate key presses. Say you macro it to press "1"(the command, not the actual button) in-game with a delay of 50ms per key press. What this will do is repeat "1" in WoW every 50 miliseconds so long as you have your "1" key pressed down. Obviously this works with each key. Personally I used AhK because it was FAR more flexible by allowing you to do just about anything provided you knew how to write the scripts.

NOW, LOOK HERE LOOK HERE LOOK HERE LOOK HERE

It's illegal.

It's illegal.

One more time:

It's illegal.

There's a thread about AutoHotkey on Elitist Jerks and people have posted there that they talked to GM's about specific scripts because they could not function unless you held down your specific key while at the computer, and their scripts incorported repeats on a key-by-key basis...ie you couldn't lay a brick on your keyboard, walk away, and come back 5 minutes later with higher DPS. They reported that GM's said it was "okay", but there are still rules against automation in place. Although it's pretty much stupid to have this fall under automation given how they've made the rotations specs use dynamic rather than linear, the rules are still there.

Use at your own risk. All actions you perform are stored into audit files and can be reviewed at any time. I know Warden didn't pick up on what I used, but that doesn't mean it won't do the same for the software you're talking about. If you're even the slightest bit concerned about being band, stay the hell away.
    Interesting, though I am not looking for to make automatic macros that completely replace me, more like macros which cast 2 spells in global cooldown fast as possible without having to spam it, that's illegal also?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    Interesting, though I am not looking for to make automatic macros that completely replace me, more like macros which cast 2 spells in global cooldown fast as possible without having to spam it, that's illegal also?
    Anything that removes the human reaction time is usually considered an exploit. Even things that linger in the grey area are often deemed exploits by Blizzard. Basically, they reserve the right to ban for any reason, so if they see something slightly questionable, they are well within their right to ban for it, even if it's not explicitly disallowed in the EULA/ToS.

Deleted
    Thanks for your response Cilraaz. I will ask gamemaster's opinion before using these macros.