Thread: DKP addon help.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

DKP addon help.

Hello. Me and my guild will start with DKP in Cataclysm and i wonder what DKP addons do you guys think are the best and most easy to manage? And what is the pros/cons of using DKP over EPGP? If there is any addon that will have a weekly decay in DKP that is a plus. (so that people can't horde loads of DKP)
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

It's been a long time since I've used DKP but back then we had one person manually log the drops and points and keep them updated on our website; I don't think there was a good addon for it at the time. Instead of decay you could try Zero-Sum which pretty much eliminates point hording.

Later on we switched to an EPGP system with EPGPLootMaster to handle all of the work. The pros to this was that the addon handled all the looting and points automatically, and made it much faster to hand out drops. Also people could see in-game how close they were to being next in line. It also did automatic decay.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the reply! I will try EPGP and see how it works. Also by Zero-sum you mean that all the dkp goes to zero each week? Can you explain that to me please? would be great =)

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

No, you can read about it here but it's not that great of a system since you can't actually reward anyone for anything, being on time, showing up, killing bosses, learning content. The only points are added when someone wants something so he bids like 500 DKP for it and everyone else gets like.. 20dkp. It's got a lot of flaws but if you're interested in EPGP I would recommend trying that instead, it feels very rewarding for the people and it's easy to maintain.

Also you can watch this video to hear some different comparisons and learn about all the systems and what you think will work for you and your friends:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator